The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I wanna know...

T4T2FR34K
T4T2FR34K
✭✭✭✭✭
...how people are going into stealth and/or invisible while I have piercing mark on them...
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you seeing their character models disappear and are you sure they're not purging it?
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • T4T2FR34K
    T4T2FR34K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Positive...they are not purging...I'm pretty sure its cloak overriding as they come out of it marked still...
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it that you can't see them when they do and lose them entirely, or you can see them but the cloak suppresses damage?
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • T4T2FR34K
    T4T2FR34K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are cloaked, invisible...until the 2.9 sec's is over...GONE...free to maneuver with no eyes on...
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are you going out of range of the mark?
  • T4T2FR34K
    T4T2FR34K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No....right in front of me and then as far as they can move cloaked (under my mark)...
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Record Vid, Report.
    PC NA
    @SkruDe
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You sure they don't just Shadow Image the hell out of there and end up behind you, so you can't see them? Most of the time that's what happens and people think its Cloak.

And are you sure you have the right morph? (its always worth checking)
    Edited by Izaki on November 21, 2017 4:27PM
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone heal them with stendarr?
    [DC/NA]
  • Trinotops
    Trinotops
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ever since Morrowind I've noticed that on very rare occasions people (even non-nightblades) would randomly disappear mid-fight for a couple of seconds. I figured it was just invisibility pots, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a bug.
  • T4T2FR34K
    T4T2FR34K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'm hoping some high speed individual is gonna get video evidence...and yes, I'm positive its not SI.
  • T4T2FR34K
    T4T2FR34K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    badmojo wrote: »
    Did anyone heal them with stendarr?

No, the last one that prompted this thread was solo...
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    T4T2FR34K wrote: »
    ...how people are going into stealth and/or invisible while I have piercing mark on them...

i have been asking this for a long time, and i hope we find the answer.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »
    You sure they don't just Shadow Image the hell out of there and end up behind you, so you can't see them? Most of the time that's what happens and people think its Cloak.

And are you sure you have the right morph? (its always worth checking)

i see them disapier right in front of me with mark on them and in 3 seconds appier again at same spot still with mark on them.
    they cast invisibility. it was obvious.
    and no, there was no shadow image used.
  • Dhukath
    Dhukath
    ✭✭✭
    Saw the title now have this tune stuck in my head....

• Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daniel-radcliffe-birthday-july-23-2013-harry-potter-gifs-invisibility-cloak.gif

I heard that they are selling them for up to 60% off during the upcoming sales weekend at Borgin & Burkes. Good luck getting in, if you’re a muggle. :p
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Do you have more information as to how isolated this is?

My speculation would be that there is some issue going on where only one Piercing Mark on a target 'works' at a given time
    and that tagging someone that another Nightblade has tagged results in only one of the two being able to see the target
    but this would go out the window if you are talking about being solo against a target that is isolated out in the world
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • T4T2FR34K
    T4T2FR34K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »

I heard that they are selling them for up to 60% off during the upcoming sales weekend at Borgin & Burkes. Good luck getting in, if you’re a muggle. :p

Dude, Harry Potter ...COME ON MAN!!!!

invisibility_cloak_2.jpeg.jpg

Edited by T4T2FR34K on November 21, 2017 5:06PM
  • T4T2FR34K
    T4T2FR34K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »

Do you have more information as to how isolated this is?

My speculation would be that there is some issue going on where only one Piercing Mark on a target 'works' at a given time
    and that tagging someone that another Nightblade has tagged results in only one of the two being able to see the target
    but this would go out the window if you are talking about being solo against a target that is isolated out in the world

Yeah, I only have one character and no friends so I cant test it...
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Invisibility potions use to hide the user from Mark (last time I used mark was 1.7...maybe 1.8). Is your opponent popping a potion?
  • T4T2FR34K
    T4T2FR34K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    Invisibility potions use to hide the user from Mark (last time I used mark was 1.7...maybe 1.8). Is your opponent popping a potion?

IDK...seems more like cloak given the duration...either/or tho...shouldn't happen.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This can’t be true. As all forum NBs will tell you cloak never works...
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

IDK...seems more like cloak given the duration...either/or tho...shouldn't happen.

I said the same thing when a NB I marked disappeared immediately thereafter because he popped a pot. Didn't know seeing invisible enemies didn't count alchemical invisibility xD
  • T4T2FR34K
    T4T2FR34K
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I said the same thing when a NB I marked disappeared immediately thereafter because he popped a pot. Didn't know seeing invisible enemies didn't count alchemical invisibility xD

Maybe in some instances it could be a potion but not all the ones I'm seeing...cloak or piercing mark is broke...or at the very least not working as intended/described...with all the stuff they're doing to discourage stealth play, I wouldnt be surprised if this was intended...
    Edited by T4T2FR34K on November 21, 2017 5:52PM
  • Tzayad
    Tzayad
    ✭✭✭
    I have seen this too, just last night I placed a Piercing mark on a NB who was alone, she cloaked and my mark didn't show her while she was cloaked, but when she came out of cloak she was still marked, so I re-applied the mark, and it seemed to work the second time.
    Beren Tinamion | Nightblade
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    would love to see a video of this. Never had issues with mark so far. I
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK