The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I Recently Had An Epiphany

Ch4mpTW
Ch4mpTW
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I recently have come to the realization that for some odd reason, I can heal more with my Nightblade, than any other class. Including my Templar and Warden. To be specific, my magicka Nightblade. It’s odd, to be honest. It’s like I have constant major mending up (even though I don’t), and have constant forms of healing up at all times. If my HP hits to say 10%, I can somehow manage to instantly go back to full with little to no sustain issues at all. And mind you, this is in both PvE and PvP environments. And it is built as a damage dealer. Not a healer. Same with my Templars and Wardens. Again, all of which being damage dealers. Not healers.

Has anyone else noticed the ridiculous amounts of healing that Nightblades can do? I can’t be the only 1 who notices this.
Edited by Ch4mpTW on November 21, 2017 2:50PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shhh you're not meant to tell them. Wrobel might find out. :cold_sweat:

All jokes aside, I find they heal well mostly due to their main spam attack being a HoT as well. Although enough burst or a big boss hit can still knock me down fast.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • T4T2FR34K
    T4T2FR34K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounding more like a brain aneurysm to me....
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

All jokes aside, I find they heal well mostly due to their main spam attack being a HoT as well. Although enough burst or a big boss hit can still knock me down fast.

It’s crazy. Lol. 2 classes which are in a sense designed to heal (somewhat), has weaker self-healing than a class designed to deal damage. Yeah, they may not have a Sorc’s Twilight or Templar’s BoL. Not even a DK’s Cauterize (LMAO), but damn the heals are ridiculous. I can only imagine I’d make them an Argonians. Sheesh.

I forgot how OP Nightblades are in use, as I only use them when I get triggered. Crazy defenses from evasion and all that jazz with shields and standard class defense buffs. Crazy heals (burst and over time). Crazy damage. Has access to mobility (class-based). Has access to an execute (class-based). Can engage and disengage targets at will through cloak. Has access to pets like a Sorc. Has the best burst damage in the game, with the most cheesy ult in the game too? Why the hell do I still have a MagDK for? Smfh. And devs meanwhile still buffing NB’s back after back? LOL! :D
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OP, how do you set up your magblade healer? Just curious.
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sooooooooo... nerf sorc then? :wink:
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I went back to Magic on my NB. I got tired of trying to keep my Stamblade alive.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    This is why I went back to Magic on my NB. I got tired of trying to keep my Stamblade alive.

I hardly blame you. Although, keeping a StamBlade alive is relatively easy as well (IMO). But definitely nowhere near as easy as a MagBlade. MagBlade is pretty much easy mode for both PvE and PvP. Hands down, and without a doubt.
    OP, how do you set up your magblade healer? Just curious.

It’s not a healer, although I’m genuinely curious how a MagBlade healer performs nowadays. I had heard of people running MagBlade healers in VMoL pre-Morrowind quite frequently, and I’m curious if that is still the case regarding all trials post-Morrowind. True indeed Templars have BOL as a panic button, and Wardens have those HOTs, but I have a feeling that Nightblades as designated healers are quite potent.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    ... If my HP hits to say 10%, I can somehow manage to instantly go back to full with little to no sustain issues at all. ...

Instantly back to full as a burst heal
    or instantly back to full as HoTs ticking on a small maximum Health bar?
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • ChildOfLight
    ChildOfLight
    ✭✭✭

It’s crazy. Lol. 2 classes which are in a sense designed to heal (somewhat), has weaker self-healing than a class designed to deal damage. Yeah, they may not have a Sorc’s Twilight or Templar’s BoL. Not even a DK’s Cauterize (LMAO), but damn the heals are ridiculous. I can only imagine I’d make them an Argonians. Sheesh.

I forgot how OP Nightblades are in use, as I only use them when I get triggered. Crazy defenses from evasion and all that jazz with shields and standard class defense buffs. Crazy heals (burst and over time). Crazy damage. Has access to mobility (class-based). Has access to an execute (class-based). Can engage and disengage targets at will through cloak. Has access to pets like a Sorc. Has the best burst damage in the game, with the most cheesy ult in the game too? Why the hell do I still have a MagDK for? Smfh. And devs meanwhile still buffing NB’s back after back? LOL! :D

#balance #design #pvp
    PC EU

Ross Campano - Imperial Dragonknight - Tanks and steals stuff from barrels
  • Inig0
    Inig0
    ✭✭✭✭
    mAgICkA nigHAtbLaDE hAs goOD seLf heAls. wHat A conCEPt
    GM: Mechanically Challenged
    In game - @Inig0
    Sorc - Inigo- Beautiful Chocolate Man
    NB - Raphiki - Beautiful Chocolate Man
    Temp - Ineegø - ınıgo
    DK - Inigø - Alfeus - Down for Maintenance
    Warden - Help I Made a Warden
    PC NA
    Youtube Stuffs
    Only the best memes die twice
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »
    ... If my HP hits to say 10%, I can somehow manage to instantly go back to full with little to no sustain issues at all. ...

Bruh, go roll a Nightblade. And compare your heals to any other class you have. Lol. More so a MagBlade. Do that and see the difference for yourself.

I have a magicka variant of every class, and I can heal and sustain my resources the most on my MagBlade. Not my MagPlar. Not my MagDen. Not my MagSorc. And definitely my MagDK. My MagBlade. And if I can’t outheal the damage I’m taking passively, I can just shield up or start cloaking to disengage. Lol. The cheese is intense.
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ironic. They can save others from death, but not themselves ;)
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the way, here is my gear setup on my MagBlade currently (spec’d for PvE by the way): 5pcs. Julianos, 4pcs. IA, 2pcs. Llambris (although I sometimes use Nerienth or however you spell it), and 1pcs. Maelstrom’s Lightning Staff. Currently using The Lover mundus (I solo primarily), to go with it, although I’m contemplating running The Apprentice mundus. Weapons are gold, jewelry is gold, and body pieces are purple.

Using that setup as a DD, my healing is pretty obnoxious. My MagPlar can’t really compare, to be honest. Or my MagDen. I feel much more squishy on my MagPlar, and feel like I can’t heal as strong over time as my MagBlade. The only thing that I can do healing-wise on my MagPlar over my MagBlade is burst heal (thanks to BoL / Honor the Dead). Outside of that, I find the MagBlade tops self-heals easily. Puncturing Sweeps seems to be less effective than Swallow Soul.
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on November 21, 2017 4:23PM
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Siphoning attacks non crit:2.4k
    Funnel health non crit heal: 2.5k

You got magicka vigor, but while doing damage and while sustaining resources :)
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    Siphoning attacks non crit:2.4k
    Funnel health non crit heal: 2.5k

You got magicka vigor, but while doing damage and while sustaining resources :)

And it’s a spammable. Lmao.
    giphy.gif
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »

Bruh, go roll a Nightblade. And compare your heals to any other class you have. Lol. More so a MagBlade. Do that and see the difference for yourself.

Sister, already have both a Stamblade and Magblade,
    specifically my Magblade has been set up for heals since pre-thieves guild -- was my first full healer character
    and prior to making that character my (Bosmer) Stamblade was a Magblade because the capacity to stay alive was so much better (going back to pre-vigor)
    I have a magicka variant of every class, and I can heal and sustain my resources the most on my MagBlade. Not my MagPlar. Not my MagDen. Not my MagSorc. And definitely my MagDK. My MagBlade. And if I can’t outheal the damage I’m taking passively, I can just shield up or start cloaking to disengage. Lol. The cheese is intense.

Same here
    1 Magblade (Breton), 1 Mag Sorc (Breton), 2 Mag DK (Dunmer and Breton), 2 mag Templar (Altmer and magtank Khajiit), 1 Mag Warden (Breton)

Magblade is superb in low pressure environments
    but everything making the sustain great (class skills for sustain + ridiculously low Funnel Health cost) is really self-oriented in the Class
    making healing others, particularly via burst, more dependent on Healing Ward and Combat Prayer
    now, if there were a way for me to cast Cloak on other people without it being ultimate-locked
    then the appeal of healing others would be more interesting
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • KeiruNicrom
    KeiruNicrom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shuuuuush. Stahp. Everyone knows NB weakest class ok? Nerf sorc buff NB. This is the way. This will always be the way. This never change. NB needs moar buffs :D
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all magicka classes are easy mode even mag dk.
  • agingerinohio
    agingerinohio
    ✭✭✭
    I have been healing with my magblade in dungeons wearing SPC and Worm. (My main healer is Templar) I too have noticed my healing capabilities are wicked strong but so is my dps (which helps with groups that have low dps). It's definitely a fun playstyle and has been quite an adventure. :)
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    Sooooooooo... nerf sorc then? :wink:

Noooo buff stam sorc to make normal mag sorc less appealing by comparison
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalante wrote: »
    all magicka classes are easy mode even mag dk.

We must be playing 2 totally different classes then. Nothin about MagDK is easy. Not even chaining in VMoL. The sustain is absolutely atrocious. They hardly excel in large-scale PvP, and only somewhat shine in duels (although overshadowed by much better options). Their DPS is mediocre compared to other classes, and they take up a stamina slot (due to them being within melee range and all that).

Unless if the group you’re with requires a chainer, you’re much better off running something else than a MagDK. It’s that bad. Honestly. Not even the buff provided by Engulfing Flames is good enough to make MagDK’s more appealing for group content. And that’s the cold hard truth.

Meanwhile, a NB on the other hand... Now THAT is truly easy mode. With tons upon tons of options and buffs at your disposal. For both magicka and stamina variations of play. DK’s wish they had a quarter of the utility and sustain that NB’s have.
  • kaiage
    kaiage
    ✭✭✭
    NB needs moar buffs :D

buff nb moar

an anonymous EP nightblade and Templar...
    also; a warden and nightblade of the aldmeri flavour.

"there's a dragon with matches, that's loose on the town..."
    "it's no easy road, this struggle and strife... we find ourselves, in the show of life" - tab @ the tab
    If you've been fallen by my steel or blade - sorry there's no tomorrow for yeh!
    Kidding;) don't take it so bad, I've been doing this a long time
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try a Stamblade without vigor and come back to me and tell me how great the healing is then ...
    rolleyes.gif
  • THWIP71
    THWIP71
    ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats! Boy or girl? :D
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn’t call NBs healers on par with templars or wardens. But they do have a nice heal as an ult and of course healing will more often than not be better on a magicka NB in comparison to stam.

Probably whip together a nice cheesy NB build with heavy armor and troll king.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So what sets do you guys use to max out healing of Nightblades then?
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »
    So what sets do you guys use to max out healing of Nightblades then?

I don’t know full specifics but I know some NBs in PvP were running troll king monster set.
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a moment I thought you were about to quit the game again :D
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Best dungeon healers in the game, bar none.

I have a Templar and Nightblade healer myself.

Templar is easy mode healing, Breath of Life is just far too powerful. You can be a really bad healer with a Templar and still keep your group alive.

Nightblades on the other hand are full on. You have to maintain all your hots, buffs and debuffs in order to keep your group alive. The upside is while doing that you're producing a lot more damage than Templar ever could. Personally I wear 2x Troll King, 5x SPC, 3x IA and AS Destro/Resto.

It's a joy to run vEH2 where Bodgan's Pulverize decimates your group's health and without laying down a single additonal heal your team is at full health in less than 3 seconds. No Healing Ward or BoL panic button required.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »
    Best dungeon healers in the game, bar none.

I have a Templar and Nightblade healer myself.

Templar is easy mode healing, Breath of Life is just far too powerful. You can be a really bad healer with a Templar and still keep your group alive.

Nightblades on the other hand are full on. You have to maintain all your hots, buffs and debuffs in order to keep your group alive. The upside is while doing that you're producing a lot more damage than Templar ever could. Personally I wear 2x Troll King, 5x SPC, 3x IA and AS Destro/Resto.

It's a joy to run vEH2 where Bodgan's Pulverize decimates your group's health and without laying down a single additonal heal your team is at full health in less than 3 seconds. No Healing Ward or BoL panic button required.

Interesting... A healer who runs Troll King. As well as within a PvE environment. How extraordinary... I am beginning to wonder now if it is possible to heal trials with such a setup. Granted of course that I know little to nothing about healing, or the given basics of rotation(s) that healers utilize. But, my interest has definitely been captured.