The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

MagDk

Naughty_Ryder
Naughty_Ryder
✭✭✭
Is Magicka DK still good? If so, is Dark Elf a good race? And if mag doesn’t work out can Dark elf be good for Stam dk in both PvP and PvE
Fairies are invisible and inaudible like angels. But their magic sparkles in nature.

- I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pvp they are okay I guess not so much for large scale pvp but small group and duels they are good

Pve sustaining sucks
  • Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For PvE:

Still great for 4-man-stuff.

Still good in trials when you play content like vMoL where you need "chainers". Still ok concerning dps output for a magicka char. Issue might be that you block a slot for a stamina DK which might do up to 10k or more in terms of dps. As a magDk you are somewhat support dependant, you need lightning walls from Sorcs and healers for the unbalance effect and your - free - flame leash procs.

For a magDK Dunmer is bis, for a stamina DK go Khajiit (more crit/dps). You don't need the Redguard sustain because you use a skill rota with just heavy attacks, so sustain shouldn't be an issue.

Edited by Flameheart on November 21, 2017 1:48PM
    Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)

• Naughty_Ryder
    Naughty_Ryder
    ✭✭✭
    Flameheart wrote: »
    For PvE:

Still good in trials when you play content like vMoL where you need "chainers". Still ok concerning dps output for a magicka char. Issue might be that you block a slot for a stamina DK which might do up to 10k or more in terms of dps. As a magDk you are somewhat support dependant, you need lightning walls from Sorcs and healers for the unbalance effect and your - free - flame leash procs.

For a magDK Dunmer is bis, for a stamina DK go Khajiit (more crit/dps). You don't need the Redguard sustain because you use a skill rota with just heavy attacks, so sustain shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks, which any idea on mag sorcs? And which is stop Stam atm?
    Fairies are invisible and inaudible like angels. But their magic sparkles in nature.

- I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
  • Saint_Bud
    Saint_Bud
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still able to do good damage, but changes in morrowind makes it very hard to play. You must have good offbalance time to have chance to sustain.
    PVP Saint-Bud magicka Templar: AR 49
    PVE Lord Victarion mDK : dro'm-Athra-Destroyer pre Morrowind retired for crafting
    PVE Ramsay-Bolton magicka NB: Voice of Reason Clockwork City Patch retired
    VAA hm/ VHRC hm/ VSO hm/ VMOL hm/ VHOF hm/ VAS hm clear

Stop playing PVE because its boring, content not disigned for melee players and class balance and sustain is ***
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in pvp they are aight

in end game pve, they arent really seen much in vet trials. besides good chainers in vmol, they take a stamina spot. i would much rather have a stam dk or a stamplar over a mag dk
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO hard mode since 2015/9 and still is.
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much ony useful in Dueling, and small scale pvp. And even then Stam dk is better. And Pet Mag Sorc is the undisputed king of Dueling and endgame PvE damage.

For PvE as others have said, you can use Mag dk, but you WILL be a dps loss. Every other class setup outputs more DPS than Mag Dk. Besides maybe Warden, but Wardens Are good at healing and off tanking, unlike Dk’s who are now pretty much useless outside main tanking and dueling. In Open world PvP then get absolutely slaughtered.

So good luck to ya
  • Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flameheart wrote: »
    For PvE:

Thanks, which any idea on mag sorcs? And which is stop Stam atm?

MagSorcs are still one of the best choices for MagDDs. Good dps in terms of mag DDs, ranged DD instead of melee and even with a strong shield for you and your pet, easier to play as a MagBlade rotawise (actually I think a magSorc has the easiest rota of all magicka build DDs), in raids everybody will want your lightning walls for the Exploiter CP star and the additional unbalance effect damage bonus. You need to like pets though and deal with pet control, because playing without is a dps loss. I would take an Altmer anytime, hands down.

Stop stamina ? no magicka based build will stop stamina in terms of dps nowadays. This seems balanced for ranged builds like magSorc and Magblade in terms of risk/reward, but not so for a Magplar or magDK because both play in melee range too. But ok, survivability for magicka melee DDs is somewhat higher because of Harness Magicka. As magDKs dps output is still on par at least with a magSorc and/or magBlade (but not when you calculate in that he has to play in melee range), magplar dps is even worse as a melee (you can play it ranged with some better results though) and very hard to sustain.

Edited by Flameheart on November 21, 2017 2:54PM
    Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)

• Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They really need a PVE buff.
    Changing from scaled resource return on ulti to a set amount killed thier ability to sustain.
    Reduction in the cost of some class abilities is really needed.

As its my only leveled and geared PVE dps character I am just stuck :/ with no way to progress past normal level end game content. Mostly geared, no maelstorm staff obviously.
    Edited by Narvuntien on November 21, 2017 2:27PM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    They really need a PVE buff.

Changing from scaled resource return on ulti to a set amount killed thier ability to sustain.

Reduction in the cost of some class abilities is really needed.

#bringbackpreMorrowindBattleroar
    #bringbackpreMorrowindHelpingHands
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO hard mode since 2015/9 and still is.

Agreed. Out of all of the classes and magicka/stamina variants, MagDK is easily the hardest class to be successful with consistently. Whether it be in a PvE or PvP environment. It’s just so inconsistent and janky.