Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

10 million stories in game event and random dungeon daily reset

Linaleah
Linaleah
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I have been trying to find info on this for some time and i'm sorry if this was asked before and i missed it. but for the purposes of this event. when exactly do dailies reset. like... you can do one random daily per character per day to get a reward box, but when do they reset exactly? it doesn't seem to coincide with pledges/crafting writs. I'm not sure if it coincides with fence reset (which I will never understand why it has a different time from pledges and other daily quests) if a person wanted to maximize their reward chances.... when exactly does each random dungeon daily slot begin and end?

thank you.
dirty worthless casual.
Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good question, its not at an fixed time in the morning like daily quests.
    its either 20 or 24 hours I think
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    honestly, I would love to know the exact reset times, because scheduling things is tough enough as it is. missing a day, because reset was at some odd early evening time or something would kinda suck.

and why exactly isn't random dungeon reward reset at the same time as pledges? why not have just normalized reset times across the board :/
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
  • ACESsiggy
    ACESsiggy
    ✭✭✭
    How do you even know that this event is even keeping track of your activities? Besides signing up for it....
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ACESsiggy wrote: »
    How do you even know that this event is even keeping track of your activities? Besides signing up for it....

the in game portion comes with immediate rewards. specifically, when you do a first random dungeon of the day ( the kind that come with higher xp reward and better loot bag - you know the one that contains geodes) - you will also get an extra reward bag that has a chance to contain some nice crown store items. this bag is only rewarded with completion of first random dungeon of the day per character. which is why it would be nice to know when the day actualy resets.

as far as tracking in general for those extra sweepstakes entries, they figured out how to track people logging in once a day for the first free crate event, and they figured out how to track people killing one monster a day, from the second free crate event. so this should be easy enough to track all things considered
    dirty worthless casual.
  • ACESsiggy
    ACESsiggy
    ✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

the in game portion comes with immediate rewards. specifically, when you do a first random dungeon of the day ( the kind that come with higher xp reward and better loot bag - you know the one that contains geodes) - you will also get an extra reward bag that has a chance to contain some nice crown store items. this bag is only rewarded with completion of first random dungeon of the day per character. which is why it would be nice to know when the day actualy resets.

as far as tracking in general for those extra sweepstakes entries, they figured out how to track people logging in once a day for the first free crate event, and they figured out how to track people killing one monster a day, from the second free crate event. so this should be easy enough to track all things considered

I've done dungeons each day the event has been live and haven't received this "extra reward" bag. I'm guessing this is an ESO plus thing?
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

I've done dungeons each day the event has been live and haven't received this "extra reward" bag. I'm guessing this is an ESO plus thing?
    No that event has not started yet, currently we have the Orsinium event with double drop from resource nodes, daily quests and vMA.
    Next is free crown crates and then the 10 million stories one.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it goes off a 20 hour reset like horse training. But you can do it on several different toons. You can also group with others and share them to get all 6 dailies or however many there are.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    I think it goes off a 20 hour reset like horse training. But you can do it on several different toons. You can also group with others and share them to get all 6 dailies or however many there are.

I'm not sure we are talking about the same dailies? pledge dailies, the delve ones at least are sharable. they also have a regular daily CD. the random dungeon daily doesn't involve sharing because its just random dungeon through groupfinder. yes you can do it on multiple characters. its kinda why I especially want to know WHEN it resets (its not at the same time as regular dailies) so that I don't miss a day.

alternately - does the event day count differently from reset day? like... for example if i I run it the next day before it resets.. is there still an event reward? how will it work exactly? i'm hoping that ZOS will give us some more details, becasue at the moment, the only safe bet seems to be doing those things in the late mornings, eastern time and well.. its not the most convenient of times.

they said that for the free crates event - the day begins and ends at 7pm eastern standard. is it the same for the 10 million stories event? or something different.
    dirty worthless casual.
  • SSlarg
    SSlarg
    ✭✭✭
    Event is live from Nov. 30 at 10 a.m. EST until Dec. 6 at 10 a.m. EST. Complete a random dungeon via the Dungeon Finder – Normal or Veteran mode – to earn a Mysterious Reward Box. This curious cache could contain loads of awesome in-game rewards: consumables, pets, costumes, and even a massive collection of super rare mounts and houses. You can obtain a Mysterious Reward Box once per day per character.

On each day of the event between Nov. 30 and Dec. 6 that you complete a random dungeon via the Dungeon Finder, you will also be granted one bonus entry into the ESO 10 Million Stories Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes"), up to a max of seven (7) bonus entries. See Official Rules below for eligibility and other restrictions.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/10millionstories
    PS4 NA PSN - SSlarg
    Currently Looking To Buy:
    NoThInG
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SSlarg wrote: »
    Event is live from Nov. 30 at 10 a.m. EST until Dec. 6 at 10 a.m. EST. Complete a random dungeon via the Dungeon Finder – Normal or Veteran mode – to earn a Mysterious Reward Box. This curious cache could contain loads of awesome in-game rewards: consumables, pets, costumes, and even a massive collection of super rare mounts and houses. You can obtain a Mysterious Reward Box once per day per character.

On each day of the event between Nov. 30 and Dec. 6 that you complete a random dungeon via the Dungeon Finder, you will also be granted one bonus entry into the ESO 10 Million Stories Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes"), up to a max of seven (7) bonus entries. See Official Rules below for eligibility and other restrictions.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/10millionstories

ok. I might not be communicating clearly. does this mean that random dungeons reset at 10am each day? does this mean that for the purposes of this event, each day starts and ends at 10am, regardless of whether the dungeons reset yet, or not? this is what I would like clarified. I understand when the event runs. what I'm not as clear on, in part becasue of the whole first random dungeon of the day thing is whether event day = dungeon reset timer, or is it something completely independent from it.
    dirty worthless casual.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Random dungeons reset exactly 20 hours after your previous clear.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m sorry man. I’m not tracking with ya really.

The event going on now is orsinium. The undaunted daily pledges aren’t part of any event going on.

• Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    I’m sorry man. I’m not tracking with ya really.

The event going on now is orsinium. The undaunted daily pledges aren’t part of any event going on.

upcoming event https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/10millionstories few posts up, there is a quote in case you don't want to scroll down the link. and undaunted pledges aren't a part of that event either, I just used them as an example of how some things reset daily.

I'm still not completely sure exactly how this random dungeon thing is going to work out (which is why I'm trying to figure it out BEFORE the event starts), but hopefully - 10am to 10am is the actual event daily reset timer. although confirmation from ZOS would be nice
    dirty worthless casual.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sadly I don't think there'll be a clear answer until it starts or ZOS gives more specifics, but I suspect it's not really tied per se to the higher rewards for the first random dungeon.
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's like the crate event, it'll be tied to 00:00 UTC. So 7 pm eastern. Or some other stable time Hopefully.

Because if it's tied to the random daily reward, this is going to suck utterly.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They say it's "once per day". So it'll either have a reset time like the Undaunted pledges, or a cooldown like the blue (now purple) random dungeon reward.

Don't worry, our favorite ZOS employee Gina will certainly give us the necessary information before the event starts. :)
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loc2262 wrote: »
    They say it's "once per day". So it'll either have a reset time like the Undaunted pledges, or a cooldown like the blue (now purple) random dungeon reward.

Don't worry, our favorite ZOS employee Gina will certainly give us the necessary information before the event starts. :)
    I'm pretty sure it tied to the purple rewards as its tied to daily random dungeons there they have a system.
    And yes it was an issue then doing it on lots of alts during the double xp event.

• Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    same box rewards for both Vet and Normal ? :*

:):) hope so
    PC
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ilithyania wrote: »
    same box rewards for both Vet and Normal ? :*

:):) hope so

• MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ''You can obtain a Mysterious Reward Box once per day per character.''

Does this mean I will receive 1 box for every character I complete a dungeon on? So if I have 5 chars and do 1 random dungeon on each one I will get 5 boxes in a day?
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MajesticHaruki : Yes, that's how I interpret the announcement.

@ZOS_GinaBruno : Is there additional information yet on the event modalities? Specifically:

- When exactly (time plus timezone) does it start?
    - When does the "once per day" reset? Is it tied to the purple random dungeon reward, i.e. 20 hours cooldown? Does it reset at a specific time like the Undaunted pledges? Or something else?
    - Is the reward identical whether we do random normal or vet? Or do we have higher chance for "good" stuff on vet, or something like that?
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loc2262 wrote: »
    @MajesticHaruki : Yes, that's how I interpret the announcement.

@ZOS_GinaBruno : Is there additional information yet on the event modalities? Specifically:

- When exactly (time plus timezone) does it start?
    - When does the "once per day" reset? Is it tied to the purple random dungeon reward, i.e. 20 hours cooldown? Does it reset at a specific time like the Undaunted pledges? Or something else?
    - Is the reward identical whether we do random normal or vet? Or do we have higher chance for "good" stuff on vet, or something like that?

all of this. updated announcement didn't really clarify any of that.

also. Gina mentioned something about repeat items not being an issue in another thread. exactly what does that mean? especially now that chance for houses or rare mounts was announced as bundle of 20. if you already have some of the houses in that bundle, or some of the mounts. does that mean that your chances to get them become actual zero no chance, rather then a tiny chance close to zero?
    dirty worthless casual.
  • riberion
    riberion
    ✭✭✭
    Gina has answered a few questions in the official news thread. This seems to have most of what's being questioned here.
    To answer some of the questions here:
    • You can do either a normal or Veteran dungeon to receive loot, and there's no difference in the type of loot you receive.
    • You can queue with a pre-made group if you wish, doesn't have to be a PUG. Just as long as you do a random dungeon.
    • If you hit the jackpot and win the 20 homes, but already own some homes, you'll simply get the rest of the homes that are contained in the jackpot.
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »
    A few questions if you'd be so kind:

1. What time does the "day" reset?
    2. Is there a difference in loot between random normal and random veteran dungeons?
    3. Can we queue with premade groups, or do we have to queue up as individuals?
    From my understanding and PTS testing (wooden swords) there is no difference between normal and vet (so faster to run normal ones) and premade groups still got the rewards.

Not sure on reset times, I would guess like other events?

Good to know, thanks.

...What's the daily reset time on other events? :D

I would guess it ties into your dungeon finder "loot" reset (how you get best loot first run each day) which I believe is 20 hours. So instead of a reset like pledges... it depends on when you complete the dungeon.
    This is correct!

Edited to add link to thread:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/382768/official-discussion-thread-for-earn-bonus-rewards-with-the-10millionstories-dungeon-event/p1

Edited by riberion on November 28, 2017 9:59PM
    PC NA
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    riberion wrote: »
    Gina has answered a few questions in the official news thread. This seems to have most of what's being questioned here.
    • You can do either a normal or Veteran dungeon to receive loot, and there's no difference in the type of loot you receive.
    • You can queue with a pre-made group if you wish, doesn't have to be a PUG. Just as long as you do a random dungeon.
    • If you hit the jackpot and win the 20 homes, but already own some homes, you'll simply get the rest of the homes that are contained in the jackpot.

2. Is there a difference in loot between random normal and random veteran dungeons?
    From my understanding and PTS testing (wooden swords) there is no difference between normal and vet (so faster to run normal ones) and premade groups still got the rewards.

Good to know, thanks.

I would guess it ties into your dungeon finder "loot" reset (how you get best loot first run each day) which I believe is 20 hours. So instead of a reset like pledges... it depends on when you complete the dungeon.
    This is correct!

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/382768/official-discussion-thread-for-earn-bonus-rewards-with-the-10millionstories-dungeon-event/p1

thanks for the link, missed this one and hoo, boy. its tied to random dungeon reset. sigh.
    dirty worthless casual.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    riberion wrote: »

Good to know, thanks.

This is correct!

Random dungeon reset yes, still one thing confuses me a bit, its the thing about all bosses.
    I assume this is tied to the purple random dungeon reward pack, if you come in as replacement on last boss you still get the random dungeon bonus.
    On the other hand the pledge quests are tied to killing specific bosses if you come as replacement on the last you don't get pledge. Also a few bosses like the ones sitting the hub in direfrost is not needed for pledge or random dungeon award but is needed for dungeon quest.
    Unless other thing is confirmed I assume this is tied to purple random dungeon reward.
    Chances ZOS code up something special is very low.
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not a zos employee, but as someone who regularly does the random dungeon only for the increased reward I have some experience with logging on and realizing my rewards didn't reset.

I think this will be the same cooldown as this increased experience and the transmute stones (both from the random dungeon and your first rewards for the worthy) which all seem to exist on the same cooldown of ~20 hours.

As a general rule of thumb, if you are only running one random per character, I'd say pay attention to your purple experience reward in the group finder and in theory that should indicate if rewards have refreshed. If not refreshed, it'll stay "blue" (decreased reward recieved for every random run after the first one). If refreshed, it will be "purple" and you will be eligible for the higher daily reward with transmute stones, etc.

@zaria I'm with you, I think it will be the same as random daily dungeon, likely they will code it as an add on to the transmute stone pack reward. I think replacements will be safe as when you complete the dungeon as random you get a "mission complete" pop up, even if you didnt do the first five bosses, and a regular reward mail.
    Edited by Inarre on November 29, 2017 12:19AM
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inarre wrote: »
    I am not a zos employee, but as someone who regularly does the random dungeon only for the increased reward I have some experience with logging on and realizing my rewards didn't reset.

I think this will be the same cooldown as this increased experience and the transmute stones (both from the random dungeon and your first rewards for the worthy) which all seem to exist on the same cooldown of ~20 hours.

As a general rule of thumb, if you are only running one random per character, I'd say pay attention to your purple experience reward in the group finder and in theory that should indicate if rewards have refreshed. If not refreshed, it'll stay "blue" (decreased reward recieved for every random run after the first one). If refreshed, it will be "purple" and you will be eligible for the higher daily reward with transmute stones, etc.

@zaria I'm with you, I think it will be the same as random daily dungeon, likely they will code it as an add on to the transmute stone pack reward. I think replacements will be safe as when you complete the dungeon as random you get a "mission complete" pop up, even if you didnt do the first five bosses, and a regular reward mail.

I hope you are correct becasue in that linked thread, Gina specifically said that you have to kill ALL the bosses in order to qualify.
    dirty worthless casual.