The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Inner Light - Major Prophecy stacking up

jaschacasadiob16_ESO
jaschacasadiob16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello,
just to report a bug.

I am on PS4. I have already reported to CC in-game through a ticket.

Put it simple, the Inner Light skill of the mages guild was stacking up. In my buffs bar, which I have always on, I could see the icon multiple times.
In my Character menu, scrolling down, I had Major Prohecy multiple times (which should not happen, since you can't have the same buff more than once). The Critical chance was raised accordingly.

I do not know how to reproduce this bug. I was fightning with other people a world boss in Vvardenfell.
After logging out and in again, I only had a single icon and Major Prophecy.

So while the problem somehow got fixed on its own, there is some condition that allows Inner Light passive to stack up.

Thanks in advance for your time.
"Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you have this buff multiple times it will show up. Thats just the way it works.

What should not be happening is you getting crit from both of them and I could not find a way to do it (on PC). Also you fighting with multiple people has nothing to do with it, since this buff cannot be gained from others. You had to use 2 sources of it. So you should be able to find a way to do it again, because it is all in your power.
    Edited by SodanTok on November 21, 2017 1:19PM
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    It might be a bug in addon. I cannot reproduce it on PC - Inner light and potion with Major Prophecy are not stacking in my case.

-vovus
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You said you saw the icons multiple times, but did you see a corresponding increase in the actual stats? Like for Inner Light, that would be about a 10% increase in critical chance for each one.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i know on my mDK a few months back there was a visual glitch that if you had inner light AND flames of oblivion on the same bar EVERY time you bar swapped and went back to the bar with both of those skills on the bar your crit % would increase... i tested it out and it did not actually affect actual attacks though... got my spell crit % up over 1k and attacked a friend and it did not crit. not sure if it still does this though
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OP says in their post that they're on PS4, and yet someone suggests it's an add-on issue.

OP says in their post that it's not just the icons stacking up; "The Critical chance was raised accordingly." And yet someone suggests it's just multiple icons and asks if the actual stats are increasing.

Sorry OP; reading comprehension isn't this forum's strength, it seems.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • SupremeRissole
    SupremeRissole
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had this ui issue but it was only with magelight rank IV. Had 78% crit but someone else said it was just a ui issue and the crit chanxe wasnt actually increased.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    OP says in their post that it's not just the icons stacking up; "The Critical chance was raised accordingly." And yet someone suggests it's just multiple icons and asks if the actual stats are increasing.

Sorry OP; reading comprehension isn't this forum's strength, it seems.

Yes, because there is never a tool tip reporting something wrong.

There is a huge difference between your tool tip telling you that you having 80% Criticals, or whatever, and actually seeing that in game when in combat by having crits happen 80% of the time.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is a (very old) visual bug.
    Bar swapping makes the icons stack and increases also the %.
    I reached something like 300% lol
    But it's just visual