The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How much gold should I expect to spend on repair cost for VMA?

SecretAtoz
SecretAtoz
✭✭✭
The only thing holding me back is the repair cost because I know I will die a lot. I know it varies due to skills and experience, but what about an estimate on doing it the first time?

Thanks.
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SecretAtoz wrote: »
    How much gold should I expect to spend on repair cost for VMA?.

anigif_enhanced-10028-1449248231-11.gif

Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is really hard to tell. But I think I'd phrase it this way: If the repair cost is something you worry about, you maybe should do something else in ESO than vMA. ;)
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grand Repair kits sell for like 30 to 60 gold each in the guild stores. Much cheaper than buying repairs.

Bonus, go do some top end writs, you will soon have more repair kits than you know what to do with for free.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SecretAtoz
    SecretAtoz
    ✭✭✭
    Loc2262 wrote: »
    That is really hard to tell. But I think I'd phrase it this way: If the repair cost is something you worry about, you maybe should do something else in ESO than vMA. ;)

I'm not that worry about the cost actually. I just want to know roughly how much I need to spend. I got plenty of gold, I just need to prepare myself, I don't want to go into VMA unprepared.
    Nestor wrote: »
    Grand Repair kits sell for like 30 to 60 gold each in the guild stores. Much cheaper than buying repairs.

Bonus, go do some top end writs, you will soon have more repair kits than you know what to do with for free.

Oh right, thanks Nestor. I didn't know they go for that cheap.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My prices are PC/NA and they do hover closer to 60 than 30. Console might be higher, but, still will cost less than a 1700 repair bill (the max that I ever see) for 7 of them. Still even cheaper than 1100 to 1200 repair bills, even at 100 a kit.
    Edited by Nestor on November 20, 2017 8:33PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10k-12k minimum. Plus an extra 1-2k every time you give up without completing a round. There is no maximum.

You can only repair gear when you have cleared one of the 9 arenas. Assuming you die a lot on your way to completing each arena then it'll be between 1k-2k to repair with Riparis, so 10k+ minimum.

Always try to complete the final boss of each round before taking a break, because when you leave the arena you will be forced to restart from the first round of that arena, so every time you give up midway you will probably incur an additional 1k for repairs.

Obviously this is just my guestimation for you, but it is true for me.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    10k-12k minimum. Plus an extra 1-2k every time you give up without completing a round. There is no maximum.

You can only repair gear when you have cleared one of the 9 arenas. Assuming you die a lot on your way to completing each arena then it'll be between 1k-2k to repair with Riparis, so 10k+ minimum.

Always try to complete the final boss of each round before taking a break, because when you leave the arena you will be forced to restart from the first round of that arena, so every time you give up midway you will probably incur an additional 1k for repairs.

Obviously this is just my guestimation for you, but it is true for me.

This is just completely untrue. If you die you can revive at wayshrine and repair with your progress being saved to the round(not stage) as long as you don't leave the instance.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much gold should I expect to spend on repair cost for VMA?.

anigif_enhanced-10028-1449248231-11.gif

Don't you mean like this ?

giphy.gif
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• SecretAtoz
    SecretAtoz
    ✭✭✭
    Got to stage 7 but unable to beat it with many tries , at least repair cost was not an issue.

If I leave VMA, is there like a time limit before it resets if I don't go right back in right away?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got to stage 7 but unable to beat it with many tries , at least repair cost was not an issue.

If I leave VMA, is there like a time limit before it resets if I don't go right back in right away?

There’s no time limit for vMA ... but you should be aware of some of the issues around leaving the Arena instance (through the Oblivion Gate or porting out):

1. If you leave the Arena all progress on that Stage is lost ... including any rounds completed within that Stage. When you return, you can still continue the Stage, but you are always placed at round 1 of the Stage.

2. Dropping the vMA quest at any time outside the Arena will cause you to start over at the beginning (Stage 1) when you re-enter.

3. Your total time inside vMA counts towards your score. Skilled players will sometimes do speed runs (even skipping the Stage reward chests) for a better overall score. If you’re new and spend a longer than anticipated amount of time, you’re score modifier will reflect that. Usually this isn’t an issue unless you’re going for a high score for Leaderboards.

4. If you are trying for a Leaderboard score, it has to be one concurrent run in vMA ... so no leaving until completed.
  • Hempyre
    Hempyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    Repair costs?

Have you looked into potion costs?

Lol.
  • SecretAtoz
    SecretAtoz
    ✭✭✭
    Hempyre wrote: »
    Repair costs?

Lol.

As long as I don't use the expensive ones, potion cost isn't an issue. I have a skills slotted that boost spell power and crit anyways, so I only need to use potion drops from mobs.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It costs me about 800g to 2k per run. I just use trash pots I've got a million of.

First time attempting this won't be the case. It'll be more.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hempyre wrote: »
    Repair costs?

Lol.

As long as I don't use the expensive ones, potion cost isn't an issue. I have a skills slotted that boost spell power and crit anyways, so I only need to use potion drops from mobs.

This first time you clear it, I would highly recommend slotting some tri-resource pots in addition to trash magicka pots.

You won't need them often, but there are a few fights that are really rough on stam management when you are first learning the mechanics on a mag build. 7 and 9 are the ones I remember really using tripots on, maybe 6 too.

Again, you won't need them often, but when I was learning the arena I hit specific moments where being able to chug a pot to fuel an extra dodgeroll (archers in arena 7, snares in 6, general mobility on 9 boss round) was really helpful.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cost really isn't the limiting factor of a vMSA first pass. Get stuck in.

Patience is the bigger test ;)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    5-7K for first clears when you die a lot, 1.5K for the subsequent ones since even when you don't die your gear will get banged up pretty hard. The ornate items, gold from chests and quest turn in will net you around 2K so you'll not lose money. Unless going for absolutely the highest scores don't use weapon or spell power potions but slot skills instead and use dropped potions.
    Edited by Asardes on November 22, 2017 5:44PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |