The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

DW Swords on Magicka Warden?

ADarklore
ADarklore
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Does anyone run a Magicka Warden with DW swords? I know I run this way with my Magicka Templar, but not sure if it would work as well for a Warden. Just curious to know if it is viable or if there are sustain problems.
Edited by ADarklore on November 21, 2017 12:58AM
CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvE or pvp? In pvp a DW magden would do fine. Personally, I'd prefer 1HS if you don't want to run destro, but DW would still be fine.

PvE, depends on what you want to do. Vet trials? Giving up destro light weaves is too big a dps loss. Plus, DW restricts you to melee range and you won't out parse a stam toon, so you're hurting your group. Other PvE content? Run whatever you want.

I will note, magdens want to be at range for the 15% damage boost to birds.
    Edited by AverageJo3Gam3r on November 21, 2017 6:12AM
    Options
  • Ciovala
    Ciovala
    ✭✭✭
    What about DW just on one bar for execute etc?
    Looking for a mature and helpful social guild - play PvE, PvP, and like crafting.
    Options
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ciovala wrote: »
    What about DW just on one bar for execute etc?
    What execute?
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvE or pvp? In pvp a DW magden would do fine. Personally, I'd prefer 1HS if you don't want to run destro, but DW would still be fine.

PvE, depends on what you want to do. Vet trials? Giving up destro light weaves is too big a dps loss. Plus, DW restricts you to melee range and you won't out parse a stam toon, so you're hurting your group. Other PvE content? Run whatever you want.

I will note, magdens want to be at range for the 15% damage boost to birds.

Actually, DW doesn't restrict you to melee because you're only using the DW Swords to increase spell damage with only Blade and Blunt passive... so you still utilize your range arsenal on the DW bar. With DW on front bar and Destro staff on back bar, I figured it would be pretty effective, at least it is for my Magplar, but wanted to see if anyone is actually using it... don't want to go through the time/trouble of leveling DW skills if it's going to suck. ;)

I only do solo questing, delves, public dungeons, so no 'end game' content for me.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options