The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Stamina Nightblade Information Hub - Hosted by BakerOfCakes

I3akerOfcakes
I3akerOfcakes
✭✭✭
I3akerOfCakes
Grand Overlord Stamblade
3k Hours Played
125k Alliance kills
Solo/Small Group Player

Builds and Gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf6shuAfYCromjCj_LeI8Zg

Written Guides: https://www.patreon.com/BakerOfCakes

Opening up this thread for my fellow Stamblades out there to help each other. Ask me anything! :)

Edited by I3akerOfcakes on November 20, 2017 4:07PM
Xbox One NA
GT: i3akerOfCakes
Grand Overlord Stamblade & Stam Sorc
Be a homie, check out my channel!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf6shuAfYCromjCj_LeI8Zg
Become a Patron!
https://www.patreon.com/BakerOfCakes
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Baker, I don't play stamblade but I love watching your videos.
    Keep uploading :)
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    What are your preferred sweet spots for Max Stam, max health, weapon damage, Stam recovery and mag recovery?
  • I3akerOfcakes
    I3akerOfcakes
    ✭✭✭
    What are your preferred sweet spots for Max Stam, max health, weapon damage, Stam recovery and mag recovery?

29-33k max stam, 19-22k health, 3k-4k weapon dmg, 2300-2700 stam recov, 1100-1400 mag recov
    Xbox One NA
    Become a Patron!
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @I3akerOfcakes and anyone else with any ideas.

I have a theory-crafting challenge for you if you are up for it.

Two complimentary Nightblade builds for two friends who will always play together, just in imperial city. Both CP capped although we may play on the non-cp campaign if it is quieter (we want to complete the quests and get the achievements rather than just pvp). We are both bosmer, but don't mind playing either mag or stam. Neither of us have maelstrom/trials gear but we can get any dungeon or cyrodil drops.

My early ideas are either doing a dps/tank with pocket healer team, or perhaps both go werewolf with imperial physique for some insane stats. While Miats is a thing I am nervous about playing 2 glass cannon gankers, but I would welcome your advice and expertise.
    Edited by Jim_Pipp on December 8, 2017 7:34AM
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this a "stamblade hub" ? Looks like you posting your resume and promoting yourself. Just be honest with the thread title.
    PCNA

• Dreth
    Dreth
    ✭✭✭
    del9 wrote: »
    Is this a "stamblade hub" ? Looks like you posting your resume and promoting yourself. Just be honest with the thread title.

He is a half decent player opening himself up for questions and sharing his builds. Why don't you post something constructive instead of whining about it if you have such an issue with it.
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bookmarking for later viewing :smile:
    @ElizabethInTamriel
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreth wrote: »

He is a half decent player opening himself up for questions and sharing his builds. Why don't you post something constructive instead of whining about it if you have such an issue with it.

I asked a question in one of these posts he is putting up for publicity. Don't think i got an answer, and it was a simple question. The thread died. It's a publicity stunt.
  • Kode
    Kode
    ✭✭✭
    Well, Baker did post his build here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/383472/the-batman-stamina-nightblade-pvp-build-clockwork-city#latest

It didn't get rave reviews.

Edited to removed previous comments...

I take back what I said, I don't have time to watch the video but I tried to look at the written build... apparently you have to pay to see content on his page. I wont watch the video now... self promotion it is.

Edited by Kode on December 8, 2017 12:36AM
    Kode Darkstar, Aldmeri Dominion
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How so you deal with permacloaking nb??? Im a stamblade myself and yesterday in a 1vs2 the hard way i had 2 stamblades taking turns fighting me. Basically always when i sonst had the 1 the other came and startet pressuring me and forcing me To shift my attention to him and the other way around. Got so pissed i bailed and slotted piercing mark instead of relentless focus. Any better ideas???
    And how do ,you deal with situations where u r fighting 2-3 tanky dks who all are only spamming Maj or defile and hard/soft Ccs??? I use forward Momentum but and immovability but they literally did nothing but the mentioned ability for 5 min till thank God the cavalry arrived...
    And im llooking for a set to replace my impregnable since I feel that my burst if it we're a Bit higher could burst down squishies even faster... Usually 1 burst (im a dot build) u get them to execute range then ty start permadodgibg / bol-spamming.
    I Was thinking of = viper, briarheart, sprriggans, hulking,
    Any reccommendations???
    Edited by IlCanis_LupuslI on December 8, 2017 6:11AM
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do I level up my stamblade in pvp? Other than the bounty and scout boards, where else in cyrodil AD faction is good for leveling?
    Every time I go into pvp the whole damn map turns red over night.
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dreth wrote: »

He posted a patreon...
    PCNA

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, this is a weak attempt at monetizing his content.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a level 20ish Stamblade and I am wondering about my race choice now. How do Khajiit's compare to Bosmer?
    @ElizabethInTamriel
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • Kode
    Kode
    ✭✭✭
    How so you deal with permacloaking nb??? Im a stamblade myself and yesterday in a 1vs2 the hard way i had 2 stamblades taking turns fighting me. Basically always when i sonst had the 1 the other came and startet pressuring me and forcing me To shift my attention to him and the other way around. Got so pissed i bailed and slotted piercing mark instead of relentless focus. Any better ideas???
    And how do ,you deal with situations where u r fighting 2-3 tanky dks who all are only spamming Maj or defile and hard/soft Ccs??? I use forward Momentum but and immovability but they literally did nothing but the mentioned ability for 5 min till thank God the cavalry arrived...
    And im llooking for a set to replace my impregnable since I feel that my burst if it we're a Bit higher could burst down squishies even faster... Usually 1 burst (im a dot build) u get them to execute range then ty start permadodgibg / bol-spamming.
    Any reccommendations???

For the Nightblades, slotting mark is a good move. If you have snares slotted it will help to keep them from getting away from you as well, depending on what they have in their kit. The snare combined with an AoE will often times pull them right back out of stealth. If you don't have an AoE slotted, I always have apsect of teror up... that works if you are fast enough... a larger radius AoE would work a bit better though. That or keep detection pots on your quickslot bar... honestly that is your rmost effective solution... but if they are quick enough, or you fail to finish them you only get a short detection buff followed by a longer potion cooldown.
    Edit: the snare doesn't actually pull anyone out of AoE... but it slows them down enough so that when they cloak they cant move out of range before your aoe can pull them back from cloak.
    As far as tanky DKs spamming CC, you are lucky that is all they were doing. I'd be more concerned with hard CC like fossilize or powerlash lash. You are a stamina build, no? Dodge out and carry on. They are trying to counter you with the root.

Your gear choices are... your choice, depending on what you like. Honestly, I don't like to crunch numbers... they are a small piece of a big picture, it is more important how the build works for you.
    Just grab one that offers stats that work for you... I would focus more on understanding the mechanics of the game, that will answer most of your gear questions because you will understand what each stat will do for you, and which ones you should prioritize for your build.
    Edited by Kode on December 8, 2017 11:48PM
    Kode Darkstar, Aldmeri Dominion
  • I3akerOfcakes
    I3akerOfcakes
    ✭✭✭

No I'm just giving my background so people at least know that I understand stamblade thoroughly
    Xbox One NA
    Become a Patron!
  • I3akerOfcakes
    I3akerOfcakes
    ✭✭✭
    I have a level 20ish Stamblade and I am wondering about my race choice now. How do Khajiit's compare to Bosmer?

Khajiit is better for pure ganking but bosmer is better overall
    Xbox One NA
    Become a Patron!
  • I3akerOfcakes
    I3akerOfcakes
    ✭✭✭
    How do I level up my stamblade in pvp? Other than the bounty and scout boards, where else in cyrodil AD faction is good for leveling?
    Every time I go into pvp the whole damn map turns red over night.

When you are a newer stamblade try is stick to "lanes" meaning place yourself in between keeps where you know people will be running to and from. Try and stay away from keep fighting.
    Xbox One NA
    Become a Patron!
  • I3akerOfcakes
    I3akerOfcakes
    ✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    Hi @I3akerOfcakes and anyone else with any ideas.

I have a theory-crafting challenge for you if you are up for it.

Two complimentary Nightblade builds for two friends who will always play together, just in imperial city. Both CP capped although we may play on the non-cp campaign if it is quieter (we want to complete the quests and get the achievements rather than just pvp). We are both bosmer, but don't mind playing either mag or stam. Neither of us have maelstrom/trials gear but we can get any dungeon or cyrodil drops.

My early ideas are either doing a dps/tank with pocket healer team, or perhaps both go werewolf with imperial physique for some insane stats. While Miats is a thing I am nervous about playing 2 glass cannon gankers, but I would welcome your advice and expertise.

I was actually thinking of making a dual nightblade sniper comp each with seperate complimentary builds.
    Xbox One NA
    Become a Patron!
  • lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭

Lol 100%
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kode wrote: »
    Any reccommendations???

For the Nightblades, slotting mark is a good move. If you have snares slotted it will help to keep them from getting away from you as well, depending on what they have in their kit. The snare combined with an AoE will often times pull them right back out of stealth. If you don't have an AoE slotted, I always have apsect of teror up... that works if you are fast enough... a larger radius AoE would work a bit better though. That or keep detection pots on your quickslot bar... honestly that is your rmost effective solution... but if they are quick enough, or you fail to finish them you only get a short detection buff followed by a longer potion cooldown.
    Edit: the snare doesn't actually pull anyone out of AoE... but it slows them down enough so that when they cloak they cant move out of range before your aoe can pull them back from cloak.
    As far as tanky DKs spamming CC, you are lucky that is all they were doing. I'd be more concerned with hard CC like fossilize or powerlash lash. You are a stamina build, no? Dodge out and carry on. They are trying to counter you with the root.

Your gear choices are... your choice, depending on what you like. Honestly, I don't like to crunch numbers... they are a small piece of a big picture, it is more important how the build works for you.
    Just grab one that offers stats that work for you... I would focus more on understanding the mechanics of the game, that will answer most of your gear questions because you will understand what each stat will do for you, and which ones you should prioritize for your build.

Tried spriggans, sticking with it... And Yeah since i play my stamblade in heavy Fossilize is only “irritating“ same with talons. It does kinda keep me on the defensive thou i have to wait till my immovable is full to get out a burst combo(that trick with forward momentum and immov. Pots) also increased my stamina, lost a bit of damage but my vigor has a 18k tooltip in a castle in pvp with 32 points into blessed(2.8k crit vigor in PvP).
    I also swapped a rec glyph out for a cost reduction one and Holy crap... In having no substain issues(well maby cause I don't dodge and break so much anymore with immovability and forward up) with only 1.3k stam rec buffed even after 10-15 min of fighting and a bother 5 min of kiting to chake a few guys off me... A Bit puzzeling I should be running dry way faster maby that cost reduction in combination with a relatively large stam pool (43.5k) in Hundings 5x(heavy) Spriggans 5x, domnihaus and selene gives that great substain ability. As i checked my relentless Fokus had a 21.3k tooltip with Tower and a 21.6k with warrior so im definetly sticking with tower. Also made myself 200 detect pots :-D
    And magica poisons work miracles against permacloakers (thank you Microbeesel) ...
    Edited by IlCanis_LupuslI on December 9, 2017 6:57AM
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And going from dot build to burst gives me also a easier time with permacloakers(when they come out whack em so hard they don't come back ^^)
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • I3akerOfcakes
    I3akerOfcakes
    ✭✭✭
    Kode wrote: »
    Any reccommendations???

Don't crutch on Mark Target, just use detect pots.
    Xbox One NA
    Become a Patron!
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Was hoping this would be good. It is not. Thanks for uploading!
  • budrow
    budrow
    ✭✭✭
    I unsubscribed from his youtube because of the patreon.
    l PaleAle l