The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Do you write stories/lore for your characters?

BladedMischief
BladedMischief
✭✭✭
As the title says.
I'm currently writing a backstory for my main, Nekari. It's somewhat lore friendly too.
I'm curious as to whether any one else writes about their characters? And how, if so?
Do you keep it lore friendly, or do you add in little bits to further extend the characters' story?
~We're a community of adventurers. No matter which banner we fight under~
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ofc
    I made the CV for each
    a character with a story comes to life
    without it, it is like the spoon in the cupboard
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have written a story for my characters. It focuses on my main, but has the whole lot of characters I have made in game.

At first, I tried to keep it lore-friendly, but near the end, I added a lot of stuff in order to build a good story in the final two parts.

That being said, I think it needs some rewriting, because my skill as a writer has significantly increased in the past year and a half. That is something I'll try to do around Christmas time.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I write backstories for most of my characters, albeit more like a brief summary these days as I like a bit of mystery and subtle hints at the character's past. As for story writing after creation... yes, ocasionally. I'm writing one at the moment about my current main character. I'm keen to try different things and different approaches to recording information, such as a collection of shorter stories and tales, odd quips and observations, rather than pen a wieldy tome.
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I often write short pieces about my various characters, some of which are backstory and others that arise out of actual roleplay they have been involved in. For me, it's part of the fun.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have two stories written and far more still in my head. It's a lot more exciting than RPing to me.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Reventius
    Reventius
    ✭✭
    I used to write in-depth back stories for my characters in TES:3 back in the day. Not so much Oblivion and Skyrim, whereby I would just come up with it in my head during character creation. This thread has inspired me to do the former for my ESO character's and write a decent fleshed out back story (I've done what I did in Blivy and Skrimy, just loose back story in my head).
    Azurya wrote: »
    ofc
    without it, it is like the spoon in the cupboard

haha
    For The Covenant!

"I made the CV for each
    without it, it is like the spoon in the cupboard"

-Azurya
  • Kierro
    Kierro
    ✭✭✭
    I do write backstories. When I'm not group RPing with guild, I solo RP my argonian in ESO is the ancestor of my argonians in Oblivion and Skyrim. The argonian in Morrowind (game not DLC) is father to my Oblivion character, but has no relation to Spells-in-Shadows (ESO). For Skyrim, I'm not sure it's lore breaking, as there's quite a few examples of such in the lore, especially with the Daedric Princes(ses) ex: Molag Bal and a Nedic woman. But I make it his father is actually Akatosh himself. He played Zeus with my argonian's mother, by disguising himself as a male argonian. This would make Alduin and Parthanaux my brothers, and reason I can't kill the latter when told too.
    Edited by Kierro on November 30, 2017 5:49PM
  • Neyane
    Neyane
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used to do it a lot but now...not as much. Most of my original characters that I made things for I ended up deleting. :'(
    Though my main girl Cinda is still around with her backstory and how she interacts with the other characters.
    The most important thing in life is enjoying yourself.
    810+, love trials and dungeons, achievement hunter ♥
    Stormproof on 9 characters and more to come~ Flawless on MagSorc & MagPlar ♥
  • Inerar
    Inerar
    ✭✭✭
    I do write first, then create a toon. My main's name based on my first published novel (a kind of worstseller https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/35126542-dakhumn ). Not well related toon but name given so, because it's important book in my life. And most of my toons name given from the stories i wrote. Some very related (toon and the character i wrote) and some not so much. Now writing another novel and will open the slots when i decided the toons ;)
    Whenever i search for an alternative game, i realize that how beautiful ESO is...
  • elsmogro
    elsmogro
    Reventius wrote: »
    I used to write in-depth back stories for my characters in TES:3 back in the day. Not so much Oblivion and Skyrim, whereby I would just come up with it in my head during character creation. This thread has inspired me to do the former for my ESO

Same here, my TES:3 character had the past/present/future all imagined but my ESO one has just had a basic backstory as I have been so focusses on doing achievements and getting all skill lines up to 50.

Might make a character for just RPing, beeb getting inspired since looking about on here
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't write it, but I like to imagine some backstory of what my character was doing before he got sacrificed to Molag Ball, where he spent his youth, what happened to his parents, what town he comes from, his personality and birth date (by his mundus stone ofc) but there's not much to write.
    PC/EU
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My school laptop has tons of stories I wrote when I should have been paying attention. Some classes you can get away with that :)
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Life it is a story on its own yes.

One that just writes itself traveller. Live the life and do not worry about the story. The story will take care of itself.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have some head canon for my characters, I tend to have some kind of concept or story in mind whenever I make any character in a game. It's kind of a curse of years of pen and paper roleplay gaming.

As for writing stories or listing that canon anywhere I don't do that so much, mostly because I don't think many people would care about it.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."