The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Warden's Eternal Guardian

Ostacia
Ostacia
✭✭✭✭✭
is a dash "too" eternal. I adore him, don't get me wrong, but it would be nice to unsummon him when decorating a house or doing other things that aren't related to combat. And yes, I know I can remove him from my bar, then go into my skills and drag him back onto my bar when I go back into fighting mode, but I'm just thinking that it would be nice if there were a simpler way.
Edited by Ostacia on November 20, 2017 4:46AM
PC/ NA
Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can unsummon the bear from the character menu, where you see what buffs are going on your toon, like how long your food has and such, just right click on it and it will be desummoned.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can unsummon the bear from the character menu, where you see what buffs are going on your toon, like how long your food has and such, just right click on it and it will be desummoned.

He comes back....

No really. I realized he's bad to have when trespassing but I need to unsummon him like 3 times before he stays away haha.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

He comes back....

No really. I realized he's bad to have when trespassing but I need to unsummon him like 3 times before he stays away haha.

You ought to only have to right click twice, once to unsummon, then again after because of the bear respawning, so a whole 2 seconds.
  • Skafloc
    Skafloc
    ✭✭✭
    If you are on the pc there is an addon for this (pet dismiss) - you can bind unsummon to a key and one press and pets gone or two presses if its the magika one
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know there were many good or better suggestion, but just to complete it. You don't have to drag the ulti of your bar completely. Just hold it and move it away from ultimate slot and return it immediately (once it despawns the bear). Far less annoying than getting it back from skill menu.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just quickly slot a different Ult and then reslot your Bear. Easy! I do this all the time.
  • Hecker777
    Hecker777
    ✭✭✭
    But they loooovvveee youuuuu! Don't deny your guardian the affection they deserve XDXD
    No class CC and I don't run a gap closer...so yeah if you streak away from me I'll probably bird spam you WHAT ELSE AM I SUPPOSED TO DO??
    Outrider of Vokundein-Vice PvP Officer- Member of Legend Gaming
    Officer- Eastmarch Trade Company
    Officer- Order of the Bear
    Core- Fear is Failure

DK Tank - Stam Sorc DPS - Stam Warden PvP DPS- Mag DK PvP DPS
    690+ CP PC NA
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skafloc wrote: »
    If you are on the pc there is an addon for this (pet dismiss) - you can bind unsummon to a key and one press and pets gone or two presses if its the magika one

^THIS! Or as others have noted, another quick method is just remove the Ultimate from your bar and re-add it once you want to re-summon the bear.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, all and especially thank you, Skafloc! The add-on works like a dream! 2 clicks sends the bear away "to play in the forest while I do business"....and 1 click on my 2-pet sorcerer! I couldn't be more tickled.
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    quick question, I did not see asked elswhere... does the eternal bear come back automagically after you swap to a different bar and then swap back?
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to have the bear equipped as Ultimate on both front and back bars. If he dies in combat, he will come back to life. If you unsummon him and want him to stay unsummoned (say you're running around doing writs or banking or something in town), you must unsummon him twice in succession.
    PC/ NA
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to have the bear equipped as Ultimate on both front and back bars. If he dies in combat, he will come back to life. If you unsummon him and want him to stay unsummoned (say you're running around doing writs or banking or something in town), you must unsummon him twice in succession.

So I guess if I switch to a different ulti bar, then back to the bear bar, it does not come back automatically?
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think so, give it a try and report back!
    PC/ NA