The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

interactables bugged, chests/bookshelves won't open

Mystrius_Archaion
Mystrius_Archaion
✭✭✭✭✭
I found bookshelves today, specifically in Wormroot Depths delve in Grahtwood NW corner, that would not open on the first few tries. The interesting part was that they said "shelves" for the interact prompt, in gamepad mode fyi, instead of "bookshelf" when they would work. My character would perform the opening animation and nothing would open, no book.
A friend also found chests in the Imperial City Sewers unable to be opened. They would say for the interact prompt "open" but they were still locked at their lock level. The one chest he found said "master" lock and prompt said "open" but nothing would happen when clicked.

This seems related to two other bugs. One is the bug with "Giant Warning" covering a lot of other books but not actually giving you the lorebook completion for "Giant Warning" in Eidetic Memory. The other is the long term bug with containers displaying as full then you try to open them with the opening animation but the container goes directly to empty with no loot window. I wonder if anyone has noticed if the interact prompt for those containers reads different than normal?

This definitely seems related to the "performance improvements" that came with Clockwork City because these bugs were never happening before or at least far far less common.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chests are an issue in trials, some of them require entire restart of the game to interact with.
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had that happen for me as well on xbox and /reloadui at times helps sometimes but not always.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple more odd things noticed today....

A wasp nest south of Tal'deic Fortress in Deshaan that looked like a bird nest, not the other wasp nests elsewhere.

Also, my friend with the chest issue before now saw a "heavy crate" with crafting mats in Coldharbour. This is odd.
  • LunaNouveau
    LunaNouveau
    Soul Shriven
    I also haven't had a single skill increase from reading from the bookshelves in Clockwork. I tend to go through most of them in an area and will get several per quest/building, but so far none of the books have done anything here. Anyone notice this?
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found bookshelves today, specifically in Wormroot Depths delve in Grahtwood NW corner, that would not open on the first few tries. The interesting part was that they said "shelves" for the interact prompt, in gamepad mode fyi, instead of "bookshelf" when they would work. My character would perform the opening animation and nothing would open, no book...

this often happens to me when I have a quest (Bogrul) to search for something but I have found all the items but not done the last (kill the boss) part of the quest.
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    A couple more odd things noticed today....

A wasp nest south of Tal'deic Fortress in Deshaan that looked like a bird nest, not the other wasp nests elsewhere.

Also, my friend with the chest issue before now saw a "heavy crate" with crafting mats in Coldharbour. This is odd.

1. depending on the zone/map you were on they do look like birds nests.....
    2. heavy crates and heavy sacks are to be found in Coldharbor.... all over the place - not sure why but they have always been there to my knowledge

Edit: heavy crates and heavy sacks seem to be interchangable in Coldharbor.
    Edited by Imza on November 25, 2017 6:28AM