The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

returning player. could use some help.

Thefox
Thefox
✭✭
So I came back, sens I nerver got to deep in to this game before it jumpd the F2p bandwagon.
and im having problems killing but more impotent staying alive.

other players I encounter sems to just be ripping things apart. but ofc they all have that CP god level numbers,

so here is afew.. im running a Stamtemplar. sens that workd before I stopd years ago. but now. it dont sems too.
and following the stam build “Jabsmania”. just dont gives any resualts. things out in the world still just magical burns all of my HP or do a melee hit slam with the same resualts.
and yes I am blocking the " heavy attacks " but that still dont stops me from loseing nearly all my hitpoints.

So. templars yes or no ? need to restart over on a new class that have the power to putthings down with out dieing all the time ?
or stam builds dead and its All hail the magical ?

I have no idea what other players are, sens its not like there is a class Icon over ourheads for others to see. unless im missing something.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ll offer some broad tips, but I’ll come back with some additional ideas if you reply using @davey1107 and let me know: how many champion points are you running? If the toon is not a vet, what level? What gear sets are you wearing?

In the meantime, I’m very familiar with Alcast’s builds. They’re very good. If you have champion points, follow his guide for allocating them pretty close. The skills he selects are for the most part the skills you want. But there are some tweaks that can help a less experienced player.

The first change is that you might use a two handed sword for the back bar instead of bow. The bow helps with DPS through DOTs, but it’s harder to master. Replace his two bow abilities with rally/forward momentum and reverse slice. Learn to keep rally up at all times (it might help to turn your buff bar on). For 33seconds you get 20% damage boost and slow ticking heals. Reverse slice is optional, but I like it as a beginner ability. The splash damage can be huge if you hit the right enemy - focus on the low health dude and watch everyone in range take 8-11k damage from one hit.

On the dw bar you might swap out trap for something else. It’s awesome for trials, but more of an expert player sort of ability. If it were me, I’d go shrouded daggers because I’m addicted to that skill. I can get 45k+ with each proc when used right. I start with daggers at range then finish them with jabs. You could also slot shuffle...it will make you dodge 1 hit in 5, amd that’s pretty darn helpful.

Other ability notes (from the jabsmania build)

Repent! Repent! No, but seriously, use your repentance all the darn time. And be strategic. If you’re up against a hard boss with two lackeys, don’t always kill the lackeys first. Work the boss a bit, take some hits, then kill one lackey and repent to get stam and health back. Work the boss, then kill the other lackey. Repentance will help you a lot if you time it right.

Vigor: if you’re dying because you don’t have vigor unlocked, go get it. It’s your best burst heal and you need it. You need 90k AP for vigor. A keep capture is 6k then the resources add 4.5k. Follow your team around in pvp on a busy night and you can get it in a couple of hours. (Kill a delve boss once per hour for a +20% AP buff that will show on your character sheet)

Caltrops: great for dps in trials, but it might not be the best for a less experienced player. Feel free to slot restoring focus as a magic dump for some great resistance, which will help with your issues.

Rending slashes: here’s where you can switch morphs and go blood craze. It’ll do a little less dps, but you get some great heals from it. Use blood craze until you’re an expert with max CPs, then maybe switch it back. I like blood craze though...it’s really good.

Blade cloak: a good ability, but you can also experiment with whirling blades, which gives you a huge stam boost.

Ultimate: on the dw bar, flawless dawnbreaker will be best 90% of the time. The increased damage is really helpful on a stamplar. However, DON’T UNDERESTIMATE REND. If you are in a tough boss fight that’s slaughtering you, Rend might help. It deals a ton of damage and offers back MASSIVE HEALS. It’s like having three Vigors up, it’s huge.

Hopefully this helps. Like,I said, if you have questions let me know. The other thing to look at is gear, which can make a big difference. You really should be wearing two full sets and if possible a monster helm with this build.