The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please Adjust Quick Cast Ground Ability Settings For PVE/PVP Utility

Left4Daud
Left4Daud
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello!

I love the quick cast ground ability setting. I use it on all my characters as it makes combat flow much better for me. However, having this setting turned on has (in my opinion) some negative effects on a few parts of the game.

The Problems:

1. Siege Placement (PVP)

Currently with quick casting turned on, players are unable to see a visual preview of their siege placement and if said placement is acceptable. With quick casting turned off, you are given a nice yellow circle indicator / preview when attempting to place siege which makes packing siege close together on appropriate terrain much easier. With quick casting turned on, placing siege becomes a gamble as you try to place your siege. With no indicator you can constantly get warnings that you are too close to another siege or on bad terrain, wasting precious time in battle.

2. Venom Grenades (PVE) (Edit: Also same problem in Bloodroot Forge final boss w/ Pillar synergies)

Venom Grenades are a utility synergy that appear in Maelstrom Arena (stage 6) and Imperial City Prison (Ibomez fight). These grenades provide utility by freeing web-encased pillars in VMA, and killing zombie hoards in the Ibomez fight, which prevents them from gathering in the center of the arena and becoming troublesome flesh atros. How does quick casting effect this? With quick casting abilities turned on, your character will throw a Venom Grenade AS SOON AS YOU ACTIVATE IT, giving you no time to actually aim the grenade. Currently you have to pre-maturely aim the grenade before activating the synergy and HOPE it hits the mark you were going for. With quick casting turned off, you are given a nice yellow circle indicator when attempting to aim Venom Grenades which makes using these utilities in PVE much easier. With quick casting turned on, aiming Venom Grenades becomes a gamble as you try to guess where your grenade will land. With no indicator you can occasionally miss your target and end up missing a key mechanic in VMA or dealing with too many enraged flesh atros in Imperial City Prison.

The Solution:

Remove siege placement and PVE utility synergies like Venom Grenades from triggering quick ground casting. Both of these elements in my opinion function much better when you are given an indicator to anticipate placement and quick ground casting muddies their application.

Thoughts, feedback and constructive criticism on this proposal appreciated.

Thanks!

@ZOS_Wrobel
@ZOS_RichLambert
@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
@ZOS_GinaBruno
@ZOS_KaiSchober

Edited by Left4Daud on January 7, 2018 4:00PM
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those types of issues are why I don't use quick cast.
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The PvE synergies have never been a problem for me. Just point the on screen reticle where you want it to land and click. Easy.

Siege engines, on the other hand.... just awful. Especially when I’m trying to drop a camp in a precarious location where I KNOW there is a sweet spot, but I can’t seem to find it.
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanar wrote: »
    Those types of issues are why I don't use quick cast.

@Kanar

If quick cast didn't effect PVP siege and PVE utility synergies would you consider using it then like I am proposing?
    Anrose wrote: »
    Siege engines, on the other hand.... just awful. Especially when I’m trying to drop a camp in a precarious location where I KNOW there is a sweet spot, but I can’t seem to find it.

@Anrose

The PVE synergies are a nuisance but I have learned how to aim them somewhat reliably with quick cast. Still would be nice for things like Venom Grenades to not trigger quick casting though.

But I completely agree, siege and particularly forward camp placement are a great pain with quick casting enabled! Siege items should not be triggering quick casting and should always allow the player to preview appropriate terrain/placement.

Edited by Left4Daud on November 22, 2017 10:22PM