The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Inner Light and Degeneration (from a Lizard Magblade perspective).

Bam_Bam
Bam_Bam
✭✭✭✭✭
Inner Light grants major prophecy.

Degeneration grants major sorcery.

Are these two buffs automatically procced by being slotted on the bar, or only when the skill is used?

If the latter, could it be argued that you could run Spell Power poitions to gain both buffs? If so, you would then lose the benefit of Might of the Guild passive when proccing the skill.

It seems the trade off is:

1. Lose both skills, drink potions instead and gain 2 skill slots
2. Keep both skills and have the benefit of the extra Might of the Guild proc damage
3. Use only one of the skills and potions to offset the loss.

Now, if you are an Argonian and run the Alchemy passive, you'l know that, while you lose Might of the Guild and the Inner Light/Degeneration 'core' benefits, you gain spellpower/crit that last for well over 40s. Which means you can als run 2 extra skills or even if you have both slotted on each bar. Theres' no denying the 20% damage increase is delicious lol. But surely, 4 skill slots must also be very tempting?

Discuss (or don't. I don't care I'm just a lizard...) :p
Joined January 2014
PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
Lims Kragm'a
Bam Bam Bara
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea how you can get up to 800+ cp and not understand how inner light or entropy work.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You misunderstand me - I've posted this for discussion. I give 2 perspectives and I'm interested in what people think andwhat they choose. So feel feel free to join in and take part. Please don't make assumptions. ;)
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should probably mention that i tend to post a lot of 'questions' in the PVP section. Of course they might have been asked and answered already - but there's no harm in asking again because skills get buffed nerfed changed and new players want to know about these things. We've got a guildie who joined last week who NEVER played ESO! everything is raw as you like and he has jumped straight into PvP. I'm actually quite jealous because he's got theENTIRE game and DLC's in front of him :)
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    inner lights crit bonus is not the reason people slot it, it is the extra 7% magic, which on most build is around an extra 3-5K magic, in pve, there are almost no skill that you would run that would be better then that percent boost.

i hate running pots on my toons, i do not run crafted pots on any of my toons and have no trouble hitting 25-30k dps, more then enough for the content that i run. i understand for vet trials and score runs need more but i do not participate in those.

• Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not asking from a PvE perspective - thats why I posted in the PvP forum ;) Thank yo for the input though - appreciated! :)
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Inner light gives you prophecy for being slotted, so its only active on the bar you have it. Degeneration needs to be activated to grant Major Sorcery. Imho both skills are worth having if you can squezee them on your bar. Especially Degeneration, i really like it on my destro resto magblade, it procs often enough and the heal is quite noticable and pairs well with swallow soul. Makes it so you dont have to use healing ward as often and can keep you more on the offense.
    In regard to what Derra said, both skills have very clear tooltips that tell you what they do your initial question,Op is kinda redundant.

Edited cuz google autocorrect hates me
    Edited by Firstmep on November 19, 2017 3:29PM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Baranthus wrote: »
    Not asking from a PvE perspective - thats why I posted in the PvP forum ;) Thank yo for the input though - appreciated! :)

I see, alright, i will see myself out then, i have no input on pvp, that is what i get for sorting by "recent" and not checking the section it is in.
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baranthus wrote: »

I see, alright, i will see myself out then, i have no input on pvp, that is what i get for sorting by "recent" and not checking the section it is in.

hehe no worries mate. I get lost just by logging in LOL :smiley:
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I drop Inner light, I slot mark and switch to prophecy and. Antistun pots
    Edited by Berenhir on November 19, 2017 5:47PM
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -