The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Choosing your alliance, are you a loyal fighter or faction hopper?

Valykc
Valykc
✭✭✭✭✭
When I first started the game I joined the Daggerfall Covenant and I’ve grown to like the characters and landscapes of the DC zones. I have tried to make characters on the other factions but I feel like I have betrayed my alliance (DC) in a way. Though I really liked Razum Darr, and the EP zones, I usually delete those characters made in AD or EP and remake them later on DC. Now I’m 2K plus hours into this game and feel strong ties to DC that it is basically no contest when I create new characters.

I know this may not be much of a decision for some without “Any Race, Any Alliance” or now that we can join all zones from Lvl.1 since One Tamriel. I’m just curious to other’s stories. Are you faithful to one alliance or do you play on all three? Is there any reasoning that made you choose that path? Does your decision sway on your alliance when seeing how they are performing in the alliance war (PvP)?
Edited by Valykc on November 19, 2017 1:34PM
  • kaiage
    kaiage
    ✭✭✭
    I see myself as a guild hopper but faction loyal.
    Edited by kaiage on November 19, 2017 1:33PM
    an anonymous EP nightblade and Templar...
    also; a warden and nightblade of the aldmeri flavour.

"there's a dragon with matches, that's loose on the town..."
    "it's no easy road, this struggle and strife... we find ourselves, in the show of life" - tab @ the tab
    If you've been fallen by my steel or blade - sorry there's no tomorrow for yeh!
    Kidding;) don't take it so bad, I've been doing this a long time
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started playing before One Tamriel and chose to start in the Ebonheart Pact with my main character, a Dunmer MagDK. Because of that, the first guild I joined only PVPed for the Ebonheart Pact, and I've been faction loyal ever since.

I do have a character for both AD and DC because prior to One Tamriel that was the only to experience those questlines without getting my main through Cadwell's Silver and Gold.
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started playing before One Tamriel and chose to start in the Ebonheart Pact with my main character, a Dunmer MagDK. Because of that, the first guild I joined only PVPed for the Ebonheart Pact, and I've been faction loyal ever since.

I do have a character for both AD and DC because prior to One Tamriel that was the only to experience those questlines without getting my main through Cadwell's Silver and Gold.

Good to know I’m not the only one!
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glorious the Dominion will be.
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only one maxed AD toon, was tempted to at least have one max'd EP/DC char but 'yawn
    I took a 3 month break recently and after one 30 day camp I'm thinking its time for another so I doubt leveling my alts is ever going to happen.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tricky question, half of my toons were made before I owned any race any alliance, but I was dead set on having khajiits and argonians, so I ended up with toons from AD and EP. Fast forward 6 months give or take, I now have all kinds of khajiits in EP. But those toons before sttill hold their AD alliance sadly.

I do have a few toons in DC just to see the difference in PVE content, but when it comes to PVP, my kitties and lizards are loyal to the Pact of Ebonheart
    Edited by coop500 on November 19, 2017 1:54PM
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started in AD, but I have characters in all 3 alliances. Most of them never returned to Cyrodiil once they got alliance war skills.
    My pvp chars are on DC side, because I've met some really awesome people who fight for DC. I'm loyal to people I play with, not to npc factions. From the lore perspective, I think that the whole war is just a Molag Bal's trick, to make people fight each other instead of his daedra.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-lGevvO2vw
    Blood for the Pact!

...what else would I pick as my main alliance, considering I am an incorrigable Dunmer fancier? ;)

And yes, I do have alts in the other two as well... one of those even was promoted to full "main" with Rp-backstory and all. I did make those before I know about cadwells tho, to play the other alliance stories... had I known each character can do everything... I might have been sorely tempted to make ALL of my characters in the ebonheart pact!
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Loyal... except to get warhorn or caltrops/vigor
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wherever there is money. Whichever pays the most!
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valykc wrote: »

Good to know I’m not the only one!

Good to know I'm not the only one!
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely loyal to EP! All of my maxed toons are EP except one. I have one AD Khajiit but she only goes to Cyrodiil for fishing, shard hunting, etc. I never fight for AD. I could never bring myself to kill an EP player!
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Hanzus
    Hanzus
    ✭✭✭
    When I first started my wife and I went with DC(we have any race any alliance), but since then I have a few chars that are EP, I don't PVP a lot so not really a problem though. The times I get a bug up me and decide to PVP, I am ALWAYS loyal to what ever my char is, no trader here.
    "Walk always in the light, or we will drag you to it."
    -Vigilant of Stendarr

Nords, the true sons of Skyrim!
    PC NA
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Started in beta as a DC breton sorc but moved on to EP when I got the hang of the game. Currently at 7/8 chars in EP and that is my 'main' alliance. The last char is AD simply becuase I used to play on Sotha Sil and Pact there would take everything on the map and it would stay like that from 4am to bloody 7pm every day. I've been pvp only for the past 5-6 months so I couldn't really do anything else than pvp. I also enjoyed non cp campaigns over cp ones so I really had nothing to do with 100% of the map red. That's how my AD stamina nightblade was born, and now she's turning more towards pve after I quit Sotha Sil for several reasons.

Cheers!
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% alliance loyal all toons.

Sooner they lock out fraction hoping per campaign the better.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    100% loyal... to Azura first, House Telvanni second, the Tribunal third... I've heard there's this Nord who fancies himself a singer, but I've never really been bothered about him.
    Edited by Iluvrien on November 19, 2017 3:43PM
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DC and only DC.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No ARAA here, so the band of sellswords, scholars, and scoundrels contains members from all factions (3 AD, 3 DC, 2 EP), independently loyal to their own leaders but united in opposition to Molag Bal.

Of my eight toons, 4 venture into PvP regularly for the transmute crystals (25k points per campaign), and three are on Sotha Sil. When I'm on an AD, I'm loyal to the Dominion, and follow the group or just repair (last month, my stamblade made all his AP by repairing walls, because every single wall in each of three keeps was down below 70%). Likewise with my DC toon. For her, Emeric is king.

My EP toon, my main and magsorc, is more of an independent player on Shor. She'll join a group if she finds one, but she's also the only one of my toons who can solo resources, so she'll do that for a 25k weekly AP nuisance play if no groups are around.

I suppose I jump factions, but only in terms of "where can I find a group/action/the AP I'm after" or "who do I want to play right now." On the individual toons, I'm just a loyal if not very skilled soldier who mostly puts his time in and leaves. The victory and emperorship can be decided by those with more skill and more will.
  • Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    ✭✭✭✭
    I kill anyone for gold.
  • kaiage
    kaiage
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes you get better money NOT killing them.

"it's no easy road, this struggle and strife... we find ourselves, in the show of life" - tab @ the tab
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is a game. There's no such thing as loyalty.
  • kaiage
    kaiage
    ✭✭✭
    :'(>:)

• Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha awesome responses everyone, I didn’t know there were so many people with the loyal mentality like me haha!
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yeah I wouldn't be able to play any other alliance than AD. In most TES games I always feel best with the Imperial Empire (probably because Oblivion was my first game) but in ESO, since I really love altmer AD just feels right. I think it really helps that my favorite cultures are khajiit and altmer
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    14/14 Covenant characters
    Elder Scrolls 2: Daggerfall remains my favourite
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got 1 magblade in ep and 1 magblade in dc. And i got friends on both sides. So it depends what side friends are pvping
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im not loyal to my faction, Im loyal to the people I fight with.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well I made 3 different characters in all 3 factions as soon as I got the game... So I don't know... AD Sorc, EP NB and DC Temp
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EP on all 12 characters
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mostly PvP Response( Does not pertain to PvE) Honestly at this time for PvE, I mostly consider myself AD, despite what others say (It's the only faction I have known the longest. Off and on)

PvP Response

I have always been a faction hopper. But only for balance, but times I need a break from other faction (Read my 10 recent PvP threads if must)

But in honestly all I want is to settle down, try to find a alliance to call my home. To stay in one spot when I do finally found my home. I have nothing against DC. But can't help fall in love to both EP (Faction I hardly known) but AD also (Been there the longest, but not working as I had hoped)

Since, I mostly PvP. It's why I hesitant and not be called loyal. But good chance in next Vivec Campaign reset. I'm forced to postpone my search to find a alliance that I can call home. If AD gets third place again, I'm forced to answer the call.

The call for balance and the very health of Campaign itself. Like I have been doing 2+ yrs in both 1st Scourge (DC) and 2nd Scourge (AD mostly after left EP)

If AD did went 3rd again, then most likely I'm forced to postpone. My search for my home alliance. I will stay AD if I must, just hope I be treated better. Last time I tried to help, but I wasn't ready. (My past with AD) But I believe I'm ready to help AD again if I have to.

If and when Ido go back AD. I will do my best to help them with balance purpose only. (Just depends on what AD want in said campaign when I if and when I do go back AD next campaign) But I will not fight for alliance, since again I know AD longer.

In conclusion there was a reason I created my Motto since 2nd Scourge and I believe it's still continues to haunt me.

"I'm hated by many, an Enemy to most and a Hero to a select few. All in the name for balance" I have post pone this in Vivec (look in my other 10 Posts as to why) But if I have to go back AD in next Vivec reset. For the very health of Campaign only. I believe I'm ready to go back and do my best to aid AD. Like I used to in 2nd Scourge. (But depends on AD in that campaign. If and when I do switch back to AD)

thus ends why I'm not loyal to a faction and someday. Even though I mostly PvP. Hopefully someday I can find a alliance that I will call home. But for now, in next Vivec reset. All I care is the very health, of Vivec itself. If I have to, I will put my search for alliance to call home On hold.

since this is mostly PvP based. I will copy and paste to my other PvP thread. But for PvE. Good chance I'm considered AD, since I know them and been AD longer. instead of all 3 alliances combined.

Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.