The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anyone else getting social banned for using Guild Mailer tools?

Torinick
Torinick
I've seen 3 people get social banned for no explained reason while using mailer tools. Is this a known or new bug? Are the mailers being reported and zos just auto-believing the report while not performing an investigation before issuing punishment? I need to know what's going on with this one way or the other. The stock response of "addons" won't wash since the game wasn't made sufficiently to not require them. So any answers of that type will be ignored.
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its not a bug, its to prevent mass spam. When you send too many messages too fast, the system kicks in and give the user a time out.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is easier to have a guild website or a Facebook group, etc. and communicate that way.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is easier to have a guild website or a Facebook group, etc. and communicate that way.

Have you ever tried to get 500 people in a trade guild to join a website or facebook group? That is not happening on an epic scale. Guild mail hits everyone unless you have the GM on ignore.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we have known about this, and i welcome it.
    i Hate the spam mail from the guilds i have been in!

EDIT:
    i have never reported anyone for doing it to me, but i complain about it to the guild in guild chat and the guild leader(s) in the guild, and my complaints were ignored.
    Edited by Gilvoth on November 19, 2017 1:13AM
  • fallentemplar
    fallentemplar
    ✭✭✭
    LOL not a bug just ppl dont like your messages aka your guildys xD
  • Locnaar
    Locnaar
    ✭✭✭
    the social ban hammer falls when the mails are sent a little too fast. It has been ticketed, reported and has had no replies to this issue. The general rule is "sender beware" , you may get a social ban that you will have to take action on.
    I have been hit twice with it, and social ban is definitely not a pleasant experience.
    Tell your friends to keep responding to the mails , that the issue is NOT resolved, and wish them luck in removing the ban.
    former GM All's Faire Trading Guild

beta tester Jan 2014

overheard in Reaper's Marsh (random brigand) "I only kill people who kill people, 'cause killin' people is wrong ..."
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    nobody in his right mind will join facebook ! And 500 mails is not a spam nowadays. Solution is simple - zos should increase the limit above 500 do not block the guild activity. If you will set this limit at 600 or so, it will not break anything and still will prevent mass spamming. Btw, I am not sure that this mass spamming even existed. Never saw this. But even if it is , that limit will keep guild work Ok, but stop mass spamming.
    I am not sure that zos is even "listening to you" on that matter :) They are really inept when changing guild interface. Remember how they wanted to prevent users from seeing how much gold is in the guild bank and could not do it in any other way than block the whole bank for the same users? This is most stupid solution I saw...

-vovus
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TBH this is why guild mails should be ingame functionality. GMs SHOULD be able to mail entire guilds, but you shouldn't be able to spam a guild you are a member of via an addon.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The server only accepts a defined value of interactions, text messages, mails, deconstruction attempts etc. in a defined time. The values are not known (or only a bit).
    Addons providing multi craft, multi deconstruct, multi mail got an option (or at least they should have!) to do it in packages with a delay in between. If not the author should add it, so contact him/her!

e.g. deconstruction with DoItAll will delay after each successfull deconstruction for a millisecond timer that you are able to set. For some users 250ms is fine, others need to wait longer (seems to depend on server load, users around you, addons active, if you sold your soul to the devil, ...).
    So you need to try and if you get the spam warning abort directly via pressing ESC key.
    If the server says you are spamming (most of the time after 50-100 actions after another) it will kick you soon.
  • Torinick
    Torinick
    @Baer, That would make sense if all of us had that problem. But as I said, only a few of us are having it. So it's not the addon.