The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

most confusing master writs ever, seem if they are broken or not updated.

Dracofyre
Dracofyre
✭✭✭✭
I got master writ for leather gears, got Order of Hour, i got the style material, and it said only need 7 traits to unlocked.
well, i had all 9 unlocked.
i went to Gold Coast to craft Veran's Legacy, it doesnt show style on the list. i have Pearl Sands.

devs need to fix those to be more basic and without any frustrations by going to google websites or/and running back to auction house vendor repeatly to find out what wrong., it has to stop ASAP!

these kinds of error-prone keep making players ask samething over and over, base on how many traits unlocked or style required or need motifs. it is so mess up.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm confused, you didn't have the Order of the Hour motif learned?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dracofyre can you post a screenshot of:

1. The master writ showing which Varen’s medium piece is needed to be crafted, and

2. Your Order of the Hour motif knowledge ... located in the Gold Coast DLC section of your achievements.

I suspect you haven’t learned the Order of the Hour motif needed for the master writ ... but would be glad to be proven wrong.

Note that it is totally possible to receive a master writ for gear, provisioning recipes, and other consumables for which your crafter hasn’t learned yet.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on November 21, 2017 8:42PM
  • Dracofyre
    Dracofyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes, i found out, took me almost 2 hours scrolling the list on every auction merchant and found in Belkarth, already tired of seeing hollowjacks and apostles while looking for often seen motifs.
    devs really need to put this on "PRIORITY" asap! these auction vendor need better search format, that made me think they are the laziest coders or they still using outdated 15 years old tech so far behind Eq2 and NWO.
    this is almost 2018, not 2001.

problem with master writs, it is too vague and when at table it said you need 5 or 7 traits to unlock, it said nothing about requiring to include motifs, often no clue what style materials needed.
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    if you are on PC, I highly recommend awesome guild store addon, because it makes searching for stuff in guild traders so much better (you can filter for known and unknown, name, everything - you still need to click through the pages, but they are empty if not what you filtered so only waiting for the load). also nice to know for any platform, if you go to tamriel trade center website you get some indication where the motif might be, if you search for it, and also make sure to sort on price and start with the cheapest ;)
    PC-EU @lientier
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracofyre wrote: »
    problem with master writs, it is too vague and when at table it said you need 5 or 7 traits to unlock, it said nothing about requiring to include motifs, often no clue what style materials needed.

@Dracofyre - I have to disagree . Master wrists are REALLY specific about what you need to craft to fulfill them, including the style. You can only miss it if you do not read it.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes, i found out, took me almost 2 hours scrolling the list on every auction merchant and found in Belkarth, already tired of seeing hollowjacks and apostles while looking for often seen motifs.
    devs really need to put this on "PRIORITY" asap! these auction vendor need better search format, that made me think they are the laziest coders or they still using outdated 15 years old tech so far behind Eq2 and NWO.

Agreed. That there is not a search function for guild traders, or at the very least a simple check box to filter between known and unknown motifs when the game has been out for 3 years is actually disgusting.
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't follow..
    The master writ will tell you exactly which item you need to craft, in which quality, style, and from which gear set. It is crazy specific to spare people from using a lot of materials on an otherwise useless item. The information is on the writ item before you activate the quest, and in the quest itself after you consume the writ. Sounds to me like you forgot to check your motif / trait knowledge before traveling to the crafting station, only to find out that you're not able to craft what is specified in the first place?

I agree with the search and filtering system of guild stores, though! It could really use a re-work as the vanilla options are too generic and will often leave you going through dozens of pages with items you don't need. I highly recommend AwesomeGuildStore and AdvancedFilters as add-ons, if you're on PC. (WritWorthy is also a nice add-on which will add extra information on the master writ, mentioning whether or not you can craft the specified item - and if not, it'll tell you what you're missing).
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath