Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What VMA Weapons Have You Recieved Since the Event?

Stamicka
Stamicka
✭✭✭✭✭
I’ve done VMA 8 times since the event started my drops were:

8 pairs of VMA 1 handed weapons
1 maul
1 inferno Staff
3 1hand and Shield
3 bows

Seems like for me the 1 hand weapons have a higher drop rate than everything else... Anyone else experience this? Feel free to write what you’ve received since the event started.
Edited by Stamicka on November 18, 2017 9:32PM
  • RnJezus
    RnJezus
    Soul Shriven
    8 axes
    4 ice staves
    2 mauls
    1 bow
    1 resto
    1 lightning
    1 fire
  • Svenja
    Svenja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did six runs so far and i'm super happy with what I got:

2 1h-combo
    3 Greatword
    1 1h+Shield
    3 Lightning (Two of those in Nirnhoned, so I don't even need to transmute!)
    1 Inferno
    1 Bow
    1 Resto

I got pretty lucky with the staves for my magicka chars. Now I just need another bow and then I'm pretty much done with vMA (i'm super bad at doing vMA, can't see myself going in for scores or just for fun lol)
    PC | EU

Svea Rochaud | Templar Healer | AD
    Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror - Immortal Redeemer - Tick-Tock-Tormentor - Gryphon Heart - Spirit Slayer
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No daggers :(
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Svenja wrote: »

2 1h-combo
    3 Greatword
    1 1h+Shield
    1 Inferno
    1 Bow
    1 Resto

You REALLY are lucky, I even wonder if a lightning staff exists.

This is what I got: a lot of crap.

Greatsword
    Greatsword
    Resto
    Greatsword
    Inferno
    Axe/Sword
    Resto
    Resto
    Resto
    Bow
    Ice
    Maul
    Sword/Shield
    Greatsword
    Greatsword
    Inferno
    Ice
    Bow
    Resto
    Resto
    Greatsword
    Bow
    Axe/Shield
    Battleaxe
    Bow
    Sword/Mace
    Maul
    Mace/Shield

The number of 2H I got is just disgusting and so much Greatswords, I'm in dire need of a lightning staff.

For what I understand there is 1 chance over 6 to get the type of set:

Cruel Flurry set - 1h
    Crushing Wall set - destro
    Rampaging Slash set - s/b
    Merciless Charge set - 2h
    Thunderous Volley set - bow
    Precise Regeneration set - resto

and then (in case of destro staves set) there is 1 over 3 chance to get light, ice or flame.

So I got only 4 times the Set and all 4 times the wrong element in the "1 over 3" chance. I wonder if I'll see one.

Edited by RANKK7 on November 19, 2017 4:10AM
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1h'ers and resto staves for days.
  • Stamicka
    Stamicka
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2 1h-combo
    3 Greatword
    1 1h+Shield
    1 Inferno
    1 Bow
    1 Resto

I got pretty lucky with the staves for my magicka chars. Now I just need another bow and then I'm pretty much done with vMA (i'm super bad at doing vMA, can't see myself going in for scores or just for fun lol)

This made me tear up from jealousy honestly. I have over 100 runs and have received every weapon EXCEPT a VMA Lightning Staff, I want one soooo bad.
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamicka wrote: »

2 1h-combo
    3 Greatword
    1 1h+Shield
    1 Inferno
    1 Bow
    1 Resto

This made me tear up from jealousy honestly. I have over 100 runs and have received every weapon EXCEPT a VMA Lightning Staff, I want one soooo bad.

It's a very idiotic system where one player can get 3 in 6 runs and others ZERO in 100 runs, so senseless is unbelievable, not rewarding at all.
    And we are not talking about traits, just ONE single *** kind of weapon, when other kind dropped so many times is just stupid. It's wrong and there are not excuses.
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe spoiler alert*

It would be cool if it worked like the last quest in the fighter's guild line where you get to choose what weapon you get the first time you complete the quest.
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RANKK7 wrote: »

Cruel Flurry set - 1h

and then (in case of destro staves set) there is 1 over 3 chance to get light, ice or flame.

So I got only 4 times the Set and all 4 times the wrong element in the "1 over 3" chance. I wonder if I'll see one.

It was changed in homestead (?) to drop by weapon rather than skill line (set type). So it's a one-tiered system rather than two tiered (the old way) you describe.

Of course we dont know if anything was changed since then and not documented (or accidentally changed).

For example I've seen yourself and another claim to receive sword or mace with cruel flurry enchant, which was impossible before. If those were just added to the existing system then you'd have a 4/14 chance of getting a cruel flurry drop (assuming dagger + axe weren't added to sword and shield set).
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanar wrote: »

Cruel Flurry set - 1h

It was changed in homestead (?) to drop by weapon rather than skill line (set type). So it's a one-tiered system rather than two tiered (the old way) you describe.

Of course we dont know if anything was changed since then and not documented (or accidentally changed).

For example I've seen yourself and another claim to receive sword or mace with cruel flurry enchant, which was impossible before. If those were just added to the existing system then you'd have a 4/14 chance of getting a cruel flurry drop (assuming dagger + axe weren't added to sword and shield set).

I don't know how it was before, I'm not an old time player so I cannot say anything about that or if they changed the drop system at that time, but they could bother to say something about, because if I understood correctly the drop system is imbalanced to say the least:

-by chance of Set initially (1 over 6)
    -and then by chance of weapon of that Set (1 over number of weapons of that Set).

So that would explain the insane number of bows and restos, because those are the only weapons in their Sets, it's just stupid! While the fact I got so much 2H I think it was just bad luck.

These are some maces or swords as you was wondering in cruel flurry enchant I found:
    sword_1.png
    sword_2.png

Though I repeat, I think the drop is defined: 1 by Set - 2 by weapon of that Set (bow and resto dropping like crazy because it suffices the initial 1 over 6 chance, being the only weapons in their sets!).

Hope this clarify, my english is not very good, it would be nice if someone could confirm and ZOS should say something too because in case I'm not mistaken, this system is just stupid.

lll
    lll
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got other BOWS in the meantime, another RESTO and another freaking 2H. No Lightning staff whatsoever.

Just disheartening.

Whoever approved the loot system so unfair (some players finding 3 in 6 runs, others nothing in 100), I think fails at his job, that's just an awful decision, that's NOT something that keeps the game fun, NOR is rewarding.

And this is not even remotely an isolated case, there is another thread pretty recent of 100 runs with no lightning staff while all other weapons dropped, after a few days from posting the user finally found one, the point is: it's unbelievably stupid there are people sparing so much money and time when others must run that place so many times at a great loss!

Why do I have to be SO PENALIZED in terms of time and gold, because of LUCK?? F U.

Edited by RANKK7 on November 20, 2017 5:20AM
    lll
    lll
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @RANKK7 what you just described is how it used to work. It doesn't work that way anymore.

As for my loot? Ton of one handed weapons, sprinkling of all kinds of staffs, 1 bow. My drops seem pretty even except for bows.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 lighting staff and 1 2H maul (I love transmutation cause the traits are bad but now I can still enjoy them as soon as I collect the geodes)

Did it only once so far :-)

Will redo it once or twice due to the double loot thing
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    @RANKK7 what you just described is how it used to work. It doesn't work that way anymore.

As for my loot? Ton of one handed weapons, sprinkling of all kinds of staffs, 1 bow. My drops seem pretty even except for bows.

Thanks for info, I got in total so many bows and resto compared to other weapons I thought that was the way it was working, also 2h but that I thought was the bad luck in addition to a bad system. If you know, is it now the chance based on all the number of weapons or there is something else?
    I appreciate any info, I'm so pissed, I cannot find a Lightning staff and the more I read of people doing large number of runs without finding one, the more I get pissed.

Kanar wrote: »

Cruel Flurry set - 1h

I replied but re-reading your post I think I got confused by the "(?)", my english also sucks; so you are saying at present the drops are certainly by weapons? If yes, I think they should put a maximum number of runs where if you don't get one kind of weapon, then it must drop, because like this it's very unfair.

Those posts of people running 100 times (not for trait of course, juts for ONE f****** kind of weapon) and never found one, along with those others finding it in the very first runs, just makes me wonder what the hell they are thinking at ZOS, there is no fun at all in spending time and gold much more than another player just because of LUCK.

Edited by RANKK7 on November 20, 2017 7:49AM
    lll
    lll
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "?" meant I wasn't sure that it was homestead patch or another. It is indeed by weapon. There are 14 weapons so your chance of a lightning staff should be about 1/14, but they further reduced bow + resto drop chance by some unknown amount.

Bow and resto skill lines have the lowest chance of dropping so you are very "lucky." BTW I went 25 runs (plus 6 leaderboard awards) before getting my first bow.
    Edited by Kanar on November 20, 2017 9:40PM
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    .... is it just me or did anybody else notice VMSA got harder ? before the event i was able to kill the last boss within 2end try sometimes first last night took me 2hr to kill it just one bs after another ....very strange like adds spawning faster then i was able to kill them and then last boss was porting right on top of the golden ghosts

anyway the drops are bad

got from what i can remember ..

4 two handed sword
    2 bows
    2 ice staff
    2 destro staff
    1 sword and board

no lighting whats so ever !
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• pizzaow
    pizzaow
    ✭✭✭
    On the same run I got 2 (yes TWO) sharpened inferno staffs... where were you last year?
    XBox/NA GT: Pizzaow
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    .... is it just me or did anybody else notice VMSA got harder ? before the event i was able to kill the last boss within 2end try sometimes first last night took me 2hr to kill it just one bs after another ....very strange like adds spawning faster then i was able to kill them and then last boss was porting right on top of the golden ghosts

anyway the drops are bad

got from what i can remember ..

4 two handed sword
    2 bows
    2 ice staff
    2 destro staff
    1 sword and board

no lighting whats so ever !

I ran it first night of the event and the lag was bad, causing all sorts of weird behavior. Haven't ran it since because I only run it for fun, and the lag made it not fun.
  • Stamicka
    Stamicka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like people aren’t seeing many lightning staves. I personally haven’t ever seen a lightning Staff drop in VMA in over 100 runs, but luckily I got 2 from leaderboard mail.

• ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    damm yhea probably the lag causing sort of weird bs RNG but its heartbreaking knowing no lighting staff drop

e04.jpg
    Edited by ForsakenSin on November 20, 2017 11:13PM
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More crap few ago: Mace/Mace - Shield/Mace

Too bad it was not double Mace + double Mace :trollface: though at least I would have deconned for one more grain solvent, which I need.

And no Lightning Staff yet, of course.

Great job @ZOS, you really keep the players motivated and the game fun, I may be Flawless before getting a Lightning Staff, I'm very close to it and the wonderful thing is I don't give a damn about that, I want the staff I need.

I will be running until the end of the anniversary, if I don't find the staff for that day I think my patience pool will be depleted for good with this stupid time consuming farm.

lll
    lll
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From 5 runs I got 3 inferno staves, 2 lightning, 2 bows and other random useless items. Really funny that 2 inferno staves are sharp :smiley:
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found the staff, at last! Now I can run that place when I feel like to do it without the terrible farming-burden.
    To anyone waiting for a drop, it sucks big time I know, try to persist and I sincerely wish you good luck.

Edited by RANKK7 on November 21, 2017 2:32PM
    lll
    lll
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think I´ve got all vMA weapons in all traits possible to be honest......

I just want a golden winterborn ring from leaderboards......xD
  • AtraisMachina
    AtraisMachina
    ✭✭✭
    Hahahaha sit down around the campfire boys and girls and let me tell you a tale. There was a time long ago when when the last chest wasnt a guaranteed weapon drop!!!! You could run vma, and get no weapon. And you could only die what was it 500 times and it would reset the arena!!! And and it wouldnt EVER save your progress!!!! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
  • Synroth
    Synroth
    Literally everything but the lightning staff.. Makes me feel slightly better not being the only one. Definitely starting to feel burnt out from the place though. Can I just trade all 5 of my frost staves for one lightning?
    XboxOne - NA - Gamertag: IlI SYNN IlI
    CP 690+ - DC
  • Iruil_ESO
    Iruil_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Last year, fire staff on first run, healing staff on the second, and bow on the third (with 3 2h maces).
    This year, lightning staff on the first (and only) with one greatsword.

I have all I need so I hope I won't have to go there anymore.

Good luck to everyone who needs to do vMA again. :)
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharpened Lightning yesterday, Nirnhoned Inferno a few days ago. I'm celebrating.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    2 powered bows in a single run
    Rawr
  • Jonno
    Jonno
    ✭✭✭
    On my Account that has 0 stam toons

Axe - Defending
    Axe - Infused
    Battle Axe - Sharpened