The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Easy way to get gold for a newb?

One_ofMany
One_ofMany
✭✭✭
Is there anything someone new and low level could do for some gold?
Preferably solo
  • Erekon
    Erekon
    ✭✭✭
    1. "LF Trade Guild" in Craglorn/Vivec City/Reaper's March zone chat.
    2. Once you are in one, farm resource nodes for the lowest level mats(iron ore, cloth, wood etc.) and sell them unrefined.
    3. Once you have an initial capital of 100k-200k, follow this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i9gzyTCqIY&t=1s

NOTE: IMO, this is by far the best way coz you won't have to spend a lot of time earning gold once you have the required initial capital. What this means is that you'll never have to spend hours on boring stuff i.e stealing, farming nodes, farming alchemy plants, farming tel var etc.

Edited by Erekon on November 18, 2017 2:43PM
    PC EU
    @ybbarc

• Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doing quests will get you gold. Try doing all of the starter zone quests for all the alliances.

The other option is thievery. There are two ships in Glenumbra which are unguarded. Just raid them and flog it all to a fence. There is an underground entrance close to the docks.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options for gold - solo
    • Farming - You'll want to run around and collect everything. Raw materials (ore, wood, and cloth) sell pretty well because people will refine them in order to get the materials to improve weapons and armor. Potion reagents sell very well on guild stores or in zone chat because people use them to make potions. You'll want to sell in a guild store (just ask in zone that you are looking for a trade guild and find one that seems right for you) or in zone chat. If you are on PC, I reccommend either the Master Merchant addon (requires at least one guild to function) or Tamriel Trade Center so you can get a good idea of what items are selling for. Since you are new, starting areas are really good places to farm, like Bleakrock Isle or Stros M'Kai.
    • Questing - Questing will get you rewards of gold/gear, but equally valuable are the gold and gear drops from the mobs you kill. Most of those can be sold to a merchant for extra gold. Its a slower way of getting gold, but you'll be leveling at the same time. If you do group dungeons, those drop a lot of ornate weapons, which sell for extra gold.
    • Thieving & Murdering - This is significantly better if you own the Dark Brotherhood DLC and the Thieves Guild. For low-stress thievery, go to places where there are few people watching you and lots of containers. The Daggerfall docks in Glenumba docks are a good location, as well as Daggerfall castle has a lot of containers which easily dodgable NPCs (most castles do). As you get the urge to steal from more than unattended containers, start the Dark Brotherhood quest to get the Blade of Woe, a one-hit kill mechanic as long as you are stealthed behind your target. With this and ranks in pickpocket, you can begin your murdering spree! The method that gets you the best loot is to pickpocket an NPC twice and then stab them with the blade of woe so their inventory resets quickly. If you don't have good pickpocketing though, stabbing and looting them is perfectly okay. If you have the thieves guild dlc, its worth it to run the Tip Board missions for a chance at leniency edicts and pardons that remove portions of your bounty, very helpful when you are stabbing people in the middle of crowded cities.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just sold all this alkaheist that’s been collecting in my craft bag. It netted me 300k