The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Video] Warden vs Templar Healers: A Comparison

KamoChameleon
KamoChameleon
✭✭✭
Thought I would try my hand at a commentary video on what differences I have found between playing a Warden and Templar healer in PvP. Hope you enjoy and please provide feedback.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojiuqTvpYaA
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might not get a lot of attention since it’s not 1vxing and it’s a healer but it’s a good video. I don’t play healer specs per say but I do have experience with both classes, more so involving small scale.

I like how someone else noticed how superior Warden sustain is in comparison to Templar, 1500-1600 feels like 2000 plus to me. Templars do have an easier heal with BOL but I feel like hots and the aoe heal allows Wardens to make up for it. Plus leeching vines and rapid regen is useful for small scale situations and allows mobility which is another thing wardens are much better with. You also can throw in how you get stam back for healing people, it’s minuscule but not really if you have 16k plus stam.

Last thing I’ll add is Wardens definitely have to be more reactive and active to stay alive/keep others alive. More thought to it in my opinion.

But yeah good video
    Edited by CatchMeTrolling on November 18, 2017 3:24PM
  • KamoChameleon
    KamoChameleon
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I know leeching vines is helpful in small scale situations. Thanks for the comments and I’m glad you’ve found the same thing.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the presentation and production of your video a lot. And I think you nailed down the basic differences between wardens and healers accurately.

My comments.
    • A while ago, ZoS nerfed Breath of Life so that it's not a 360 degree angle heal. It only heals targets in front of you so, like the Warden spells, it has to be aimed (although the Warden skills are still more restrictive).
    • Personal preference here: As a Warden, I think AoE defile is too good to pass up and would take Corrupting Pollen over the Budding Seeds morph. You lose the burst AoE heal potential, but if someone really needs that heal, they can use their global cooldown on a synergy rather than you, and the Mushroom heal is a good AoE burst heal that does not require 2 global cooldowns.
    • Warden will have Major Mending. Templar won't. Templar will have Minor Mending. Warden won't.
    • Templar has four things going for it that Warden has hard time matching: Luminous Shards is an aim-able resource return that also restores a player's "off" resource, Extended ritual for purify synergy, rez speed, and saving one target in front of them that absolutely needs to be healed immediately. In every other respect, from personal survivability to resource management to versatility (Deep Fissure, AoE defile, group buffs) to ultimates, I think Warden has better toolkit
  • KamoChameleon
    KamoChameleon
    ✭✭✭
    Just some comments in reply. I know they changed the range of BOL but it doesn't happen in actuality. You can see in my video Im standing directly behind her and getting heals.

I especially agree with your last comment. There was a lot to cover so I missed out a bit. But I do think Templar has a better toolkit for healing than Warden but it's resource limited. Warden has a better toolkit for healing and doing non-healing activities. Totally agree.

Thanks for commenting appreciate it.

• Sacredx
    Sacredx
    ✭✭✭
    Good work Kamo
    PC NA PvP Oceanic
    The Kelly Gang [TKG]
    Highest kill streak: https://i.imgur.com/V6jJhoy.png
    KB sample: https://i.imgur.com/n7TFyZr.png
    TKG raid sample: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RkrsHg3T7pc
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Just wanted to chime in and say that your commentary and effort put into this video are on point. One of the best guides/information toolset videos I've seen in a long time.

I am with Joy Division here thinking that the 2GCD and opportunity cost of Budding Seeds instead of Corrupting Pollen makes me question that choice. The crazy heal numbers I saw you getting in that video make it interesting though!

Can I inquire what setup you generally found to enjoy on healing mWarden?
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Solid. Now lets hope a proper comparison video is made between all 5 healers.
  • KamoChameleon
    KamoChameleon
    ✭✭✭
    Ha that would be great!