The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Soooo....crown sale?

Lyserus
Lyserus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Since the crown price is raised..I'd expect more crown sale than before (which only happen once a year)

If my math isn't off, with most value purchase, the subscription option is way better than crown pack because the sub bonus per month (exclude free crown) worth only 500ish crown compare to the biggest crown pack, which makes purchase of crown pack nearly meanlingless. However, you will need a lot of time to gather those crown since 6month sub only gives you 9000 crown at a time, then you have to wait 6 months.

I'm happy to pay sub or buy crown to support ZOS, but not both since it costs hella money, and the current system with minimal value of crown pack, is refraining me from, well, spending my money to ZOS.

Either have crown sale on black friday ;) or offer a 12 month sub option, so we can both be happy :#
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The price for crowns went up???
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They added two new tiers for crown packs, 14,000 and 21,000. But the prices for the rest of the packs have no changed.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd expect a sale closer to Black Friday here in the US. The last 2 years they've done that.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They added two new tiers for crown packs, 14,000 and 21,000. But the prices for the rest of the packs have no changed.

they kinda did depending on where you live. for instance the $40 pack for aus is now 49.95. and we still get charged in USD anyway so still gotta pay an exchange fee. but instead of the fee being on 40, its now on 50. and the dif between AUD and USD doesnt make up that 9.95.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't remember any last year around this time till February
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭

players in some countries were buying crowns at half the price as we did.
    zos updated the prices according to the current exchange rate so their prices are now same as ours.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    raj72616a wrote: »

players in some countries were buying crowns at half the price as we did.
    zos updated the prices according to the current exchange rate so their prices are now same as ours.

That's simply not true. Now, after price increase on crown packs, using the current exchange rates, the prices here in Poland are higher than in US.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why they just don't have more crown sales in general, I know people would spend a LOT more money that way.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd expect a sale closer to Black Friday here in the US. The last 2 years they've done that.

I believe on PC the last two fall crown sales were the free to play week and Black Friday before that. Both those are later this month, or ealy December so be looking out.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I read the words crown store and massive discount in a ps4 event.

Too bad it was just about a crappy dlc.

ZOS u filthy tricksters you!
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Changed for me. the 5500 pack was always £23.99 and now it is £29.99.
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    The prices never went up. They added 2 new larger crown packs but the prices are still a similar amount to what we already pay but just larger packs to avoid having t go through multiple transactions for those who want more than 5500 at a time. At least Canada and USA the prices didn't go up and a similar Crown/Dollar ratio as the 5500 and lower packs).
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BloodWolfe wrote: »
    The prices never went up. They added 2 new larger crown packs but the prices are still a similar amount to what we already pay but just larger packs to avoid having t go through multiple transactions for those who want more than 5500 at a time. At least Canada and USA the prices didn't go up and a similar Crown/Dollar ratio as the 5500 and lower packs).

Canada + USA ≠ the whole world

Btw with these new larger Crown packs it would not be surprising if the discount on 5500 Crown packs became smaller in order to entice players into buying the larger packs.
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

Btw with these new larger Crown packs it would not be surprising if the discount on 5500 Crown packs became smaller in order to entice players into buying the larger packs.

Well all I can confirm personally is that the Can+USA prices didn't go up and the new packs are still in-line with the other crown pricing without an increase. If anything, the 21000 pack is the best option if you look at dollar/crown ratio.

I agree and wouldn't be suprised if they made the 5500 pack discount smaller to entice people to the 21000 pack for the best discount but hopefully it will stay the same discount across all packs so people can choose and not feel they HAVE to buy the top tier pack to get the best discount. We will find out in a few days or so is my guess, lol.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

Well all I can confirm personally is that the Can+USA prices didn't go up and the new packs are still in-line with the other crown pricing without an increase. If anything, the 21000 pack is the best option if you look at dollar/crown ratio.

I agree and wouldn't be suprised if they made the 5500 pack discount smaller to entice people to the 21000 pack for the best discount but hopefully it will stay the same discount across all packs so people can choose and not feel they HAVE to buy the top tier pack to get the best discount. We will find out in a few days or so is my guess, lol.

Was discussing this with a friend over the weekend. We both thought that the 5500 pack was going to cost more next sale for the exact reason you stated. Could easily see them doing this.