The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bombplar Build + Gameplay

JackDaniell
JackDaniell
✭✭✭✭✭
Ever get tired of healing? Want to hit the side of a zerg and do some real damage?

Well I just couldent resist, so here's the Bombplar! A Magicka Templar build that is made for... well.. bombing! The Video contains the build in detail as well as PvP commentary.

https://youtu.be/XsD0XMlrWWA

Dw/Resto - 5 light 1 Med 1 Heavy
2 Slimecraw
5 amberplasm
5 vicious death (DW bar only)
Reccomended Race: Dark Elf
Ebonheart Templar

www.youtube.com/user/kristofersommermusic
  • Nihilos
    Nihilos
    ✭✭✭
    Amberplasm on a BOMB build? WHOA. Pure genius
  • Nihilos
    Nihilos
    ✭✭✭
    Bring back light attack executioner bash #biblethump
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not use a set that has dmg
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you have lower stats than my tankplar
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • JackDaniell
    JackDaniell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    J18696 wrote: »

Amberplasm was chosen because its the best magicka sustain set in the game. Every other part of this build is just build damage. I tried this build using another damage set (julianos) and just found myself on no resources so fast and only really being effective at a stealth bomb with very limited getaway or reset chance, so amber was the best choice for me. Even if i ran julianos and changed to atro for regen, amber plasm (with apprentice) gives the same damage and more sustain (stamina being the huge benefit).
    you have lower stats than my tankplar

I'm a nord (- ~3k magicka), in light not heavy (lower hp, higher crit chance, +5k pen) and running slimecraw (minor berserk) + vicious death (giving up potential 5 piece damage on DW)

In short, this build hits much harder then a quick glance at a stat page would suggest. Check out the footage if you think your tank could pull that off..
    Ebonheart Templar

• JackDaniell
    JackDaniell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nihilos wrote: »
    Amberplasm on a BOMB build? WHOA. Pure genius

Used out of necessity, I'm not a nightblade so sustain was actually an issue for this build if i wanted to have more playability then stealth bomb and just die. Getting in and out of the bomb is part of the build so i could actually use it effectively in a more typical zerg encounter where circumstances are not ideal.
    Ebonheart Templar

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great build. Honestly I didn't expect those explosions coming from a Templar lol.

If someone wanted to use a set other than Amber, what can they use?
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should try to fit unstable core into that burst
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • JackDaniell
    JackDaniell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Great build. Honestly I didn't expect those explosions coming from a Templar lol.

If someone wanted to use a set other than Amber, what can they use?

Shackle is probably your best bet
    Ebonheart Templar

• JackDaniell
    JackDaniell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toast_STS wrote: »

Ah good call! Could be tricky tho cause the target can move independantly
    Ebonheart Templar

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toast_STS wrote: »

Ah good call! Could be tricky tho cause the target can move independantly

Trust me they won't know they have a mobile burst on them lol. And if you want it to burst quicker, remove points in the passive that increases the duration.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You don't need to use a damage set to have damage.
    Great vid and great builds as always Jack! :)

*EDIT* Is slimecraw not a damage set? lol
    Edited by Akinos on November 18, 2017 3:10AM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome! I’ve been thinking of doing a bombplar for kicks. Everyone said no way though. Thanks for this!
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    O.o I think I want to put this in my dressing room at least. I’ve seen some
    Spots where I could have used this
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good Stuff!

Now imagine if we weren't the only class with such crap ultimates that we have to pick a stamina Fighter's Guild ability.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for this. I just put it into a modified build (I've fought you before and I am not as good as you) and have started practicing on bunches of mobs. Looks like it will work well. I'm going to practice a little more tomorrow then actually take it into Cyrodiil. There were some groups tonight that I felt like I could have wiped if a bunch didn't heal up after my initial attack so can't wait to try this.

Thanks again for sharing.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been loving barrage. Although i haven't been playing at all for the pastv week besides dueling.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good Stuff!

Now imagine if we weren't the only class with such crap ultimates that we have to pick a stamina Fighter's Guild ability.

Though I can see a Nova being dropped in some of his fights in the keeps. Dot+ minor socery proc+enemy DMG reduced by 30% could help him stay around the Zerg. Second bomb build could tagged the synergy causing more hurt.

But I agree. If only cresant sweep was mag DMG....
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good Stuff!

Though I can see a Nova being dropped in some of his fights in the keeps. Dot+ minor socery proc+enemy DMG reduced by 30% could help him stay around the Zerg. Second bomb build could tagged the synergy causing more hurt.

Is meteor still bugged where 1 person not blocking causes everyone to get CC'ed? If so that's the way to go imo
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Good Stuff!

Is meteor still bugged where 1 person not blocking causes everyone to get CC'ed? If so that's the way to go imo

That is a thing? it's plenty of times where I blocked but still got thrown in the air with no visual lag but I still just expected it was lag.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good Stuff!

That is a thing? it's plenty of times where I blocked but still got thrown in the air with no visual lag but I still just expected it was lag.

It's been a bug off and on with meteor since like 1.6 or earlier. Sometimes it's active sometimes it's not and that can change on a patch to patch basis.

But yeah, most of the time meteor exists in a very buggy state that will cause you to be CC'ed even while blocking simply because somebody else wasn't
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good Stuff!

It's been a bug off and on with meteor since like 1.6 or earlier. Sometimes it's active sometimes it's not and that can change on a patch to patch basis.

But yeah, most of the time meteor exists in a very buggy state that will cause you to be CC'ed even while blocking simply because somebody else wasn't

This update. Even if you are the target, if the guy next to you isn't blocking you get CC'd. No sound either.
    PC EU
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Would solar barrage work?
    Good Stuff!

Msorc?
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm bringing back the Bomb DK soon, they have the perfect ultimate for it and it's cheap. Just need the Alloys.
    PC EU
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good Stuff!

Yeah I knew it's been buggy but never knew one of the bugs was because someone else didn't block, this entire time I would say block when it gets dropped just to realize everyone else been saying it for a different reason somewhat.

• WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good Stuff!

Yeah I knew it's been buggy but never knew one of the bugs was because someone else didn't block, this entire time I would say block when it gets dropped just to realize everyone else been saying it for a different reason somewhat.

Been like that for years haha
    PC EU
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good Stuff!

Hmm. Also can get some Ultimate back with shooting star.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know I died to a meteor last night before the animation occured
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aww man. I practiced and tweaked to fit me a bit; and I just gave it a good run. First attempt someone used a detect pot and the zerg came on me by myself off their ram so failed there. But someone got me up by the side door and I got a second chance. Got ready and jumped down from the stairs and charged into the back flag and it was beautiful. I didn't get them with the initial blast but I was cleaning up with sweeps and the pulses of solar barrage.

It's funny because I thought if I didn't get them immediately; they'd kill me. But they scattered after that first hit except for about 3 that stayed and went at me which I killed and the calvary came and started cleaning up the scatter.
  • LordMitchell123
    Looks like an awsome build and can't wait to play this!
    I do not have the RoM dlc so wanted to buy Amber Plasm set in guild stores..can't find anything, even TTC site doesn't have any listing for me. (EU pc btw)

I read a post on Reddit about Bloodtorn being a good alternative set for Amber but is that also the case for this particular build? Or is there another good way to get Amber Plasm when not in posession of the dlc?
    PC EU