The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Imperial Motif

kitsune_beth
kitsune_beth
✭✭✭
Been playing the game for longer than I care to remember...
Still haven't found the Imperial Motif...
Anyone know the best place to find it?

I'm sick of effing looking! lol
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been playing since Release Week in Late March 2013 and have never found this motif. I have farmed 1000's of motifs too. I used to make a ton of gold on them before One Tamriel.

Where do you find them?

Furniture, Backpacks, some Crates and Urns and rarely a Mob Drop.

Problem is, those loot tables have been diluted by all the Furniture Recipes (over a 1000 of those) and in the case of owned containers, all the Legerdemain stuff. So, the Unicorn has gotten even more rare.

So, really the best place to find them, is in the Guild Kiosks as some people have really good luck. But, I would expect it to be 60K to 100K for the Motif.

Or, buy it in the Crown Store.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• kitsune_beth
    kitsune_beth
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Or, buy it in the Crown Store.

Yeah... Unfortunately for ESO I have more sense than money, not the other way round.

I guess I'll stumble across it eventually... maybe.
  • tbao
    tbao
    I have played ESO since october last year and found only 1, when homestead came out by looting backpacks, trunks and desks etc. Nothing since then, until I made a new character level 3 yesterday and found 1 in a desk 5 minutes later.
  • victoriana-blue
    victoriana-blue
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found one in an owned nightstand, once.. after I'd already bought the motif in a guild trader. C'est la vie.

I'm with Nestor, guild traders are probably the best bet. This is a good week to farm mats - even if you're not in Wrothgar, the competition will be in Wrothgar so you can run around Craglorn for a while and a few potent nirn or perfect roe will help with the cost of the motif.
    CP 750+
    Never enough inventory space, even with storage coffers and a mule account
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found about 4 of them early on. Two were in the furniture right next to the Coldharbour banker. One -- before there was a justice system -- was right next to the woodworking table in Shornhelm. Another was in the first house after the western entrance in Upper Shornhelm.

I think I later finally memorized the motif after finding a fifth one, around the time of One Tamriel, but I forget where that was.
  • tbao
    tbao
    Just got another one
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found 2 on ps4 within a week of each other. First was in bahrahas gloom delve in hews bane right at the entrance in a backpack. Second I found in an urn in malabal tor.
    Edited by phileunderx2 on November 18, 2017 11:56PM
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I recommend paying the 50-80k to buy it on a guild store with some looking.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm found a few over the years since early access on pc, but not saying where :p
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor and I are in the same boat ... I have never found an Imperial Motif in the 3 1/2 years of playing the game.

Granted, I probably don't look in containers as vigorously as other players.

Congrats to those of you that have found multiple ones. It takes perseverance and luck.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on November 19, 2017 3:56AM
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mostly luck I think.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On Xbox one.....anyone found one of these in 2018?
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm on PC but I just recently found it at the Daggerfall Castle tower (the left tower) in a nightstand.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I looted two in the first year in containers in towns before the Justice System.

After a long gap, I recently looted my third in Dreloth Ancestral Tomb.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Aeph
    Aeph
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on xbox one EU, with the outfit system coming I've been doing nothing but farming and buying motifs for a while, haven't found Imperial, not that I expected to but I haven't seen it for sale at any guild traders and I've been checking most of them pretty religiously
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve found 2 in my time with ESO and both times were in Coldharbour during the mainline story quests in the Daedric urns. Got both from the 2nd quest where you rescue Lyris at the end inside the urns behind the portal back to the harbourage
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been about a year but I did find one in a dresser in Cyrodill. It was my first time in the zone even.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found my only one back in December in one of the Dreloth Tomb urns.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Aeph
    Aeph
    ✭✭✭
    Just found one at a guild trader for 500k
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My friend and I have been playing for two and a half years and I have only found one, he has never found it.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have only found it once, shortly before Homestead came out. I sold it, because my crafter is an Imperial herself and didn't need it.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • mrdiamond666
    mrdiamond666
    ✭✭✭
    i JUST FOUND MY 1ST FROM THE BACKPACK IN THE VAMPIRE HOUSE HUES BANE, MY GF GOT HERS IN VVARDENFELL DRELOTH TOMB URNS.. (srry about the caps, realised at the end)
  • Enokariel
    Enokariel
    ✭✭✭
    Found one in Coldhabour on main quest Daughter of giants, I even did not realize then how rare it was. Nowhere for the rest of time.
    Edited by Enokariel on February 19, 2018 1:23PM