The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Is this mag NB build viable?

Erekon
Erekon
✭✭✭
After playing on my sorc for quite a long time, I've finally decided to try Magicka Nightblade for the first time.
So far, I've been able to come up with this build: (by searching on youtube, eso wiki for sets etc.)

5x Bloodthorn (3x jewels weapon damage glyphs)
5x Shacklebreaker (1x destro: weapon damage enchant 1x resto: absorb magicka enchant)
1x Shadowrend
Witch mother's brew
All impen.
All max Magicka glyphs.
Mundus: Spell damage/ Mag Recovery

The reason I'm using shackle-breaker and bloodthorn is that I don't have access to Amber Plasm( and I don't intend to farm it either).
I'm using shadowrend instead of domihaus because I'm already getting 2k Stam from Shacklebreaker.

is it fine or should I change something?
Thanks.

PC EU
@ybbarc

• lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭
    Its fine but i really dont think you need so much stam return bro. Swap out bloodthorn for necro instead
    Options
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes your build will work but like what was said before me you can drop bloodthorn for a damage set. Necro, spinner' war maiden will all work there
    Options
  • Erekon
    Erekon
    ✭✭✭
    lynog85 wrote: »
    Its fine but i really dont think you need so much stam return bro. Swap out bloodthorn for necro instead
    Yes your build will work but like what was said before me you can drop bloodthorn for a damage set. Necro, spinner' war maiden will all work there

Could you guys tell me what stats should I aim for?
    HP: ???
    Stam: ???
    Mag: ???
    Mag Recovery: ???
    Stam Recovery: ???
    Spell Damage: ???
    PC EU
    @ybbarc

Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Erekon wrote: »

Imposible to say. Even your race and skills affect you stats
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It really does depend. I run about 38k max magicka 26k health 15k stamina 1500 mag recovery 900 stam recovery. My spell damage is 2400 i believe not including war maiden. Its probably close to like 3500 buffed not completely sure. My soul harvest had a tooltip value of almost 18k and i use skoria. Your numbers can be flexible though i always run really high burst, and use my cloak and roots to keep me alive that's just the way i like to play. You can drop some damage for recovery and health and it would still be a viable build
    Options
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I look for over 38k max magicka. 22K + health. 12k+ stam. 2K unbuffed spell damage. Using amber with transmutation, witchmothers and bloodspawn regen numbers are 2200 mag and 1100 stam regen (900+ with skoria). If i raise my health over 25k i drop shields and use hots and healing ward.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
    Options
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭
    My breton has 45k max mag 17k hp 14k stam 1800 mag rec with one reduced cost glyph. 2200 unbuffed spell dmg.
    Options
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It all really depends.

Combos of Necro / Julianos , Necro / Shackle are pretty solid and easy to obtain. Then you just have to figure out if you are going with 2 piece weapon sets like dual wield or sword and board or if you are going with a staff. Two pieces will allow for you to have a full monster set. The above are pretty solid for a MagBlade.

At the moment I'm experimenting with 5 Innate Axiom and 5 War Maiden front bar Dual wield with 4 War Maiden on back bar Resto Staff and 2 piece Molag Kena. Been pretty fun so far but still figuring if I'll keep this or not.
    Edited by Vizier on November 17, 2017 7:06AM
    Options
  • WildWilbur
    WildWilbur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vizier wrote: »
    At the moment I'm experimenting with 5 Innate Axiom and 5 War Maiden front bar Dual wield with 4 War Maiden on back bar Resto Staff and 2 piece Molag Kena. Been pretty fun so far but still figuring if I'll keep this or not.

Was thinking about this setup. How do you feel is your dam? And can you sustain it?

"Call me a killjoy, but I think that because this is not to my taste, no one else should be able to enjoy it." Marge Simpson
    Options
  • Dong_Valentino
    Vizier wrote: »
    It all really depends.

Combos of Necro / Julianos , Necro / Shackle are pretty solid and easy to obtain. Then you just have to figure out if you are going with 2 piece weapon sets like dual wield or sword and board or if you are going with a staff. Two pieces will allow for you to have a full monster set. The above are pretty solid for a MagBlade.

I don't recommend innate axiom, at least for now. It is bugged as it don't buff assassin's will. There is a post in bug report and I tested it myself. It's a shame as magblade's most important burst loses 400 spell damage.
    Options
  • Erekon
    Erekon
    ✭✭✭
    I have one more question.
    I have seen a lot of builds such as Necro + Julianos/ War maiden + lich etc. i.e both Magicka damage sets or both Magicka sustain sets or 1 damage and 1 sustain set.
    However, not all builds give importance to stamina sustain.

But when I used to play sorc, every build... every single build had amberplasm or shacklebreaker for stamina.
    Why is it so? Does cloak help mNBs get away with the requirement of having good stamina sustain?
    Edited by Erekon on November 17, 2017 1:27PM
    PC EU
    @ybbarc

Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have one more question.
    I have seen a lot of builds such as Necro + Julianos/ War maiden + lich etc. i.e both Magicka damage sets or both Magicka sustain sets or 1 damage and 1 sustain set.
    However, not all builds give importance to stamina sustain.

But when I used to play sorc, every build... every single build had amberplasm or shacklebreaker for stamina.
    Why is it so? Does cloak help mNBs get away with the requirement of having good stamina sustain?

Same here. Although oddly an awful lot of people seem to think that sorcs don't need to worry about stam and just throw everything into mag - nerf sorc cus they only need one stat - lol.

Am currently using shackle on my magblade for that very reason (+ a bit of wpndmg doesn't go amiss as its 2-handed melee). I find it ok - but limiting in terms of not having a monster set.
    In some ways, I kind of need it on my magblade - because I'm so used to being able to dodge on my sorc, that without it I tend to do the same on my my magbalde, go out of stam and die.. Also need stam or fwd-momentum (or at least I will when I unlock it!)
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    Options
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cloak can help to reduce the stamina requirements i guess (i don't play magsorc, so i have no comparison) and magblades don't need stamina for skills while many magsorcs use dark conversion, but that doesn't remove the need for at least some stamina sustain (also depends a lot on the build and playstyle ofc). Stamina doesn't have to come from Shackle or Amber though. Personally i'm getting my stamina from tri food, 1x domi and resourceful passive (argonian). It doesn't allow me to roll arround at will, but as long i'm not wasting my stamina, it is enough for neccessary dodge rolls, cc breaking and blocking, even in noCP PvP and without tri pots. Other magblades might be using leeching strikes or a stamina recovery glyph or blood spawn, ... Shackle and Amber work on magblade too of course, but there are plenty of alternatives.
    Edited by Rianai on November 17, 2017 2:12PM
    Options