Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where is the King of Mournhold?

WhiteCoatSyndrome
WhiteCoatSyndrome
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Or Lord/Lady, whatever their title is. Yes, he or she is just a figurehead for the Tribunal, nevertheless there needs to be one for Barenziah to be born before Tiber Septim shows up.
#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Locked up in Almalexia's basement to be displayed every now and then for formal events.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last duke (I don't remember his name) died when Mehrunes Dagon destroyed whole Mournhold in the last year of the First Era. I think they didn't chose new after Almalexia rebuilded it. I don't know why, maybe no one wants to mess with Alma.
    Edited by Shardan4968 on November 16, 2017 11:25AM
    PC/EU
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The reason that Mournhold has a king in the third era is because they were part of the empire, and the empire insisted. No Empire = No King. As stated above, there was previously a duke, but that would be a little redundant now with Almalexia living in the city.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Outside of the Empire appointing a "King". I dont think Dunmer society really lends itself to the idea of royalty. You have these major Houses that literally rule over different aspects of Dunmer society. These Houses in many aspects act as organizations or corporations rather than actual Houses. Anyone can join these Houses and rise to the top.

Only during the time of the Tribunal and the Empires "King" do we have anyone actually ruling over Dunmer that arent Oligarchs.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Korah_Eaglecry Except that there's no question that there was some kind of mortal ruler in Mournhold before Tiber Septim showed up; both 'The Real Barenziah' and the 'official', sanitized version agree Barenziah was born to those people before he took over and the Empire took her away after he conquered them. Now it's likely that they were lackeys of Almalexia that mostly functioned as her tools, and it's possible that their positions don't exist as of the time of ESO, because that's still a few centuries off, but it wasn't the Empire that gave them those positions.

If I were to hazard a guess - Dagoth Ur wakes up befor Tiber Septim conquers them, so I'd say Almalexia put them in charge to manage things while she was off trying to deal with him.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Axmalexia
    Axmalexia
    ✭✭✭
    I have pondered this question as well. Where hath be the Duke-Prince of the Holy City, given that if we are to go along with the 2920 series, then his son did come and become Duke-Prince.
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Korah_Eaglecry Except that there's no question that there was some kind of mortal ruler in Mournhold before Tiber Septim showed up; both 'The Real Barenziah' and the 'official', sanitized version agree Barenziah was born to those people before he took over and the Empire took her away after he conquered them. Now it's likely that they were lackeys of Almalexia that mostly functioned as her tools, and it's possible that their positions don't exist as of the time of ESO, because that's still a few centuries off, but it wasn't the Empire that gave them those positions.

If I were to hazard a guess - Dagoth Ur wakes up befor Tiber Septim conquers them, so I'd say Almalexia put them in charge to manage things while she was off trying to deal with him.

Tiber never conquered Morrowind.

He knew it was never going to happen so he instead proposed to the Dunmer to join as fighting the Tribunal or any one of the three would have likely killed him in combat. Save perhaps Almalexia as she used her power for less combat except for when they Battled Mehrunes Dagon and kicked his ass out

And mind you this was when the Tribunal were at their WEAKEST when Dagoth Ur was awakening and the tribunal were busy holding him off. That's why the Tribunal agreed to ALLOW Morrowind to join the Empire. Battling Tiber and killing him along with his armies would have exhausted their Remaining power and have left them Unable to battle Dagoth and stop him from Destroying the world.

Mind you. the empire never once actually dictated the Dunmer. They made suggestions but could never enforce anything until after Red Mountain destroyed their home.
    Edited by Nelson_Rebel on November 28, 2017 12:22PM
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    also we are about 250 years before Tiber Septim

That's right a Necromancer is browsing old Threads
    giphy.gif