The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Idea. What about adding our characters to housing?

Nighn_9
Nighn_9
✭✭✭✭✭
Well pretty much what the title is, what if we could place our characters in our houses? That way homes don't seem so dead all the time. Perhaps even allow them to do emotes while idle, like /sweep or /rake. You could put all your characters in a home, then log onto a different character to place the character you were on previously inside. Also, whenever you log onto a specific character and go into the house, that character will simply just be invisible.

If this isn't a good idea or can't be done, what about "hiring" npc's and be able to place them in your home? I also think it would be cool to be able to change our assistants costume to any that we own and allow them to do any emote while idle.. Anyways i just woke up and while drinking my coffee I had this idea lol
NA / PC
November Beta 2013
WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love this idea! Endless possibilities! Just to go a bit further, I’d love a farm where I could grow the actual produce and herbs we use to cook with in game and add on more farm animals and npcs... you could “hire” them as you said..you would pay for the upkeep and resources...
    one other idea you mentioned... coffee! I need to go brew some myself now :)
  • Scraelos
    Scraelos
    ✭✭✭
    What about using your second charater as target dummy?
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I very much like this idea. Several of my toons exist only to serve me. Not allowing them to work my estate is denying them their destiny.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yeah this is a pretty popular idea and I'd love it too. does anyone know if the devs have said whether this is possible or not? I've never seen it addressed by them yet
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Stormahawk
    Stormahawk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or add a hologram of your characters to your house! CWC uses holograms, so it would be pretty cool and not as lore-breaking to "attune" a hologram to a character.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nighn_9 wrote: »
    Well pretty much what the title is, what if we could place our characters in our houses? That way homes don't seem so dead all the time. Perhaps even allow them to do emotes while idle, like /sweep or /rake. You could put all your characters in a home, then log onto a different character to place the character you were on previously inside. Also, whenever you log onto a specific character and go into the house, that character will simply just be invisible.

If this isn't a good idea or can't be done, what about "hiring" npc's and be able to place them in your home? I also think it would be cool to be able to change our assistants costume to any that we own and allow them to do any emote while idle.. Anyways i just woke up and while drinking my coffee I had this idea lol

this would be very nice!!! give them some idle animations and let them rest or chat or drink or eat, etc....

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_MattFiror
    Edited by altemriel on November 15, 2017 6:53PM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Scraelos wrote: »

also this!! good idea!
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This 100%; sad to see my house be both empty AND useless.
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scraelos wrote: »

yeah that would be cool
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    I very much like this idea. Several of my toons exist only to serve me. Not allowing them to work my estate is denying them their destiny.

yeah right now i have my banekin sweeping the floors of my house xD
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My sorceress and templar are housemates, but since they're my characters they can't be in the house at the same time, so being able to place one in the house would be nice.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Eatmyface
    Eatmyface
    ✭✭✭
    Rate it.