Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Reimbursement or something for not being able to play!

Elie1024
Elie1024
Soul Shriven
Yes im a Ps4 EP player and I'm just wondering is there a way i can get my money back for this month since i have not been able to play since the last update Clock city. I mean i cant PvP due to always having to restart my system when i die or try to port into a keep I get load screens that are ever lasting. It's even affecting my PVE i gave up playing when the game started freezing while doing Maelstrom Arena or i was just in regular chat and getting random load screens. It's very frustrating i would hope reimbursement or something becuase it's not right that you take your eso money and i can't enjoy the game. Yall need to get this fixed asap...
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elie1024 wrote: »
    Yes im a Ps4 EP player and I'm just wondering is there a way i can get my money back for this month since i have not been able to play since the last update Clock city. I mean i cant PvP due to always having to restart my system when i die or try to port into a keep I get load screens that are ever lasting. It's even affecting my PVE i gave up playing when the game started freezing while doing Maelstrom Arena or i was just in regular chat and getting random load screens. It's very frustrating i would hope reimbursement or something becuase it's not right that you take your eso money and i can't enjoy the game. Yall need to get this fixed asap...

I would also like a reimbursement, or some other form of compensation, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You aren't getting reimbursed unless ZOS chooses to. Check out those Terms of Service we all keep agreeing to. https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/terms-of-service#_EN_Toc_06

6. AVAILABILITY OF SERVICES AND CONTENT; GAME MAINTENANCE, PATCHES, UPDATES; TERMINATION OF SERVICES
    ZeniMax does not guarantee that any Services will be available at all times, in all countries and/or all geographic locations, at any given time, or that ZeniMax will continue to offer any particular Services for any particular length of time. Except as prohibited by applicable law and subject to the Statutory Obligations (as defined in Section 1), ZeniMax reserves the right to change and update Content without notice to You. ZeniMax also reserves the right to refuse Your request(s) to acquire Content, and to limit or block any request to acquire Content, including, but not limited to, Downloadable Content and Game Mods, for any reason.

ZeniMax may patch, update, or modify a Service at any time with or without notice to You. Notwithstanding the foregoing, ZeniMax has no obligation to make available any patches, updates or modifications or correct any errors or defects in the Services. ZeniMax makes no guarantees about the persistence or availability of any user names or other personas at any time and assumes no liability for lost or deleted Account data. Except as prohibited by applicable law and subject to the Statutory Obligations (as defined in Section 1), You agree that ZeniMax will not be liable for any interruption of the Services, delay or failure to perform, any loss of Content (including, but not limited to, UGC, Game Mods and Downloadable Content), and/or Account data (including, but not limited to, Character data) resulting from any causes whatsoever. ZeniMax reserves the right to offer new Services, change and/or discontinue certain Services at any time in its sole discretion.
  • Elie1024
    Elie1024
    Soul Shriven
    *** lol *** ill even take some crown crates lol
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With regards to the terms of service quotation, you'll note that under fair trade agreements and legal requirements, if a service is being paid for and not received, they would be breaking the law themselves.

Whilst they can change services, and have a little legal "wiggle room" with regards to the availability of those services being up 24/7 - they cannot fully withdraw them for the entire period of which a paid subscription is made. That's not only unethical, it's illegal.

This disclosure does nothing more than protect themselves from people saying maintenance lasted too long, or the game isn't working as intended. If the game isn't working at all - then there is a case to be made by the consumer.

For me, this is borderline. Since PVE is still playable, albeit frustrating as hell, then there can be no legal grounds to complain. PVP is different though. But they could argue PVP is not the staple of the game. It's just one part of it.

The power is STILL in the consumer hands though - because the consumer has the right to withdraw funding.... and that's exactly what will happen if these issues persist over a prolonged period :)

I'm sure ZoS are doing all they can to eradicate the worst of it - but that's of little comfort to most of us. I do wish they had a bit better customer service systems though. It would be nice if and when you submit a ticket that you deal with the same person each time - because I find most of their staff are too lazy to do any real back reading into each case.
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    With regards to the terms of service quotation, you'll note that under fair trade agreements and legal requirements, if a service is being paid for and not received, they would be breaking the law themselves.

Whilst they can change services, and have a little legal "wiggle room" with regards to the availability of those services being up 24/7 - they cannot fully withdraw them for the entire period of which a paid subscription is made. That's not only unethical, it's illegal.

This disclosure does nothing more than protect themselves from people saying maintenance lasted too long, or the game isn't working as intended. If the game isn't working at all - then there is a case to be made by the consumer.

What he said
    Edited by Bhaal5 on November 15, 2017 9:41AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We are aware of the issue players are currently experiencing with long loading screens. There is now a centralized thread for discussing this issue and posting details that will help us in finding a resolution. Please post further discussion in the thread linked below. This thread is now being closed.

Main Thread for Long Loading Screens
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.