The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Info on the Clockwork City Dailies (Apostle/Ebonshadow Motif)

DiteHart
DiteHart
✭✭✭
Since I haven't seen much detailed information on the dailies and how they give rewards, I thought I'd make a small guide. It's possible a lot of people already know the information, but the information seemed to help some of my guildmates, and a few random players I've talked to, so I figured I'd post it here just in case. I do have some unconfirmed notse that I'll post in dark red. If you have more information on that, feel free to let me know. Otherwise, I intend to keep some notes and get that information clarified.

There are four repeatable quest groups--all 4 are in the Brass Fortress to the north and northeast of the wayshrine. Only two are available from the start. The third is present, but won't give you quests right away, and the fourth doesn't show up at all (until you can take the quests).

There are two types of reward boxes you can get, which seem to correspond to the two styles.
The "Crow-Touched Clockwork Coffer" has a chance to give you Ebonshadow motif chapters.
The "Slag Town Coffer" has a chance to give you Apostle motif chapters.
As far as I know, you can only get those motifs from those specific coffers, and all quests that give those coffers have a chance at motifs. But, I plan on checking which quests I get motifs from to confirm that you can get them from any quest-giver.

Razgurug, the Slag Town "mayor", gives you one of six quests that have you gather specific node types in Clockwork city, and do a miscellaneous collection task (in various areas, including, the delves). He always gives Slag Town Coffers.

The Clockwork Facilitator can give you one of two quests for each of the world bosses (similar to the Kvatch Bounty Board).
Completing "A Fine-Feathered Foe" gives you a Crow-Touched Clockwork Coffer.
Completing "Inciting the Imperfect" gives you a Slag Town Coffer.

Novice Holli can give you one of six quests that send you to either of the two delves (3 possible quests for each delve). You can see her in the area, but she will not give you a quest until you complete one of the delves' side quests.
The quests that send you to the Halls of Regulation give you Slag Town Coffers.
The quests that send you to the Shadow Cleft give you Crow-Touched Clockwork Coffers.
Because of the content of the quests, I'm not sure if all quests are available from the start. Right now, I have an alt that has completed the Halls or Regulation side quest, but not the Shadow Cleft side quest. I plan on checking on the daily each day to see if she ever gets a Shadow Cleft daily, or only gets ones for Halls of Regulation.
On another note, Holli doesn't seem to switch delves every day.I'll also watch the quests to see if she has an order she gives the quests in.

Bursar of Tributes is a crow that doesn't show up until you complete the main CC quest "Lost in the Gloam" (the 5th one, according to the achievements).Once you do, he gives you item quests similar to "The Covetous Countess". All of his quests give Crow-Touched Clockwork Coffers.
For those that like to have the items on-hand, his quests ask for the following items:
  • Ornate Armor
  • Trash: Carapaces, Daedra Husks, Ectoplasm, Elemental Essence, Foul Hide, Supple Root
  • Treasures: Cosmetics, Dishes or Cookware, Drinkware, Dolls, Games, Grooming Items, Toys, Utensils

The full list of quests is available on UESP.

The last thing I can think of that would help would be share-ability.
It seems like all of the Clockwork Facilitator and Razgurug's quests are shareable.
Because of the issues above, I'm not sure how shareable Novice Holli's quests are, but I plan to look into the details, specifically:
- If you can share quests for delves you haven't completed
- If you can share quests for delves you have already completed for the day -- EX: Can you receive "Oiling the Fans" if you've completed "Changing the Filters" that day?

That's all I have for the moment. If there's any questions you have, or other aspects of the Daily quests that you'd like me to add, feel free to post a comment.
Edited by DiteHart on November 14, 2017 8:34PM
X1/NA (GT: Dite Hart)
Dite Dielle - Breton Templar
- Full 9-trait crafter
- Knows 41 motif styles
- Covenant, Dominion, and Starter-Island Master Angler
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very insightful post.

I also have a guide on my blog as part of my Things to Do in Tamriel series you might find useful too. I hadn't got all of the Crow quests but there are maps and tips for the various quests. Looks like I'm going to tweak the rewards to match the reward boxes as I hadn't noticed the distinction between locations.

http://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/esotu-clockwork-city-do-you-know-about-the-daily-and-weekly-quests/
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • DiteHart
    DiteHart
    ✭✭✭
    Very insightful post.

I also have a guide on my blog as part of my Things to Do in Tamriel series you might find useful too. I hadn't got all of the Crow quests but there are maps and tips for the various quests. Looks like I'm going to tweak the rewards to match the reward boxes as I hadn't noticed the distinction between locations.

http://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/esotu-clockwork-city-do-you-know-about-the-daily-and-weekly-quests/

Oh, I'll have to make sure to take a look (and another thorough look at the site for other interesting stuff)--I've checked your site for information sometimes, but I never thought to just click the section itself (I think I expected it to be just all of the ones in the sub-menu on a page).

For the dailies informaton, I could've either looked before it was posted, or missed it. (I just remember when I was first searching for information on the dailies, I couldn't find much anywhere, other than a few places quoting the patch notes, and a post mentioning needing to complete storyline quests before getting the Bursar quests.)
    Edited by DiteHart on November 17, 2017 4:22AM
    - Full 9-trait crafter
    - Knows 41 motif styles
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good feedback.

I added a new link under the "Things To Do in Tamriel" for dailies to make it easier for people to find info on the dailies.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • DiteHart
    DiteHart
    ✭✭✭
    So, I fixed my last post. I just re-read it and I realized it might've sounded like I couldn't find much info on your website, when I meant I couldn't find much info (with my searches) on getting the Apostle and Ebonshadow motifs in general.

If it wasn't a problem for other visitors, then you don't have to worry about me. I might just have a bad habit of not checking the main link if it has a drop down. (I have to look back at some other websites I check regularly. :D )
    - Full 9-trait crafter
    - Knows 41 motif styles
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bumping because it could be of interest very soon.

Also, here's a link that explains the prerequisites to the Novice Holli/Apostle/Delve daily quests: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Novice_Holli

Finally, some thoughts on the Bursar of Tributes/Crow daily quests:
    • The prerequisite is of course the Clockwork City story quest that involves crows.
    • 1 of the 6 quests is for ornate armor. That's easy to stock up for if you do crafting writs. Note that he welcomes cheap items just as much as he welcomes expensive ones, so I finally have a reason to hoard ornate items worth 23 gold or less. :)
    • 2 of the 6 are for trash dropped by various kinds of mobs -- daedra husks, supple roots, and so on. Supple roots are probabl the hardest to hoard; they're dropped mainly by stranglers and spriggans.
    • 3 of the 6 are for items that you get either by thieving (tedious and opportunity-cost expensive) or in reward satchels for Thieves Guild dailies. I generally find these to be too much trouble, unless I'm in a period when I have the Covetous Countess reward engine cycling away.

In general, the Clockwork City is very thief-friendly. Most of the story quests involve walking long distances through tunnels or along paths lined with enemies. Sneaking skills let you cut down on the amount of fighting greatly. And of course the daily quests have strong "fetch stuff and return" aspects as well.