The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

CP ruined BGs

Chantclaire
Chantclaire
✭✭✭
BGs has been killed by ZoS with this new change. All you see is unkillable tanks and 40k hp DPS player. Games go for the full 15 minutes because nobody dies. Also, why do I find pre made groups of 4 when I am solo queuing...apparently matchmaking is hard to do.
Everyone has a plan, until their plan gets nerfed

Apparently the only Stamplar left on PC EU
  • Crom_CCCXVI
    Crom_CCCXVI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BG's is now terrible
    The reason I am in the forum right now is because I just played a Deathmatch and the high score was 5.

I think I died the most 4x? Because I decided I was going to actually try to kill people instead of running some CP sustain troll build that is designed for a 30 min 1 v x or whatever bastardized version of PvP is now considered META.
    I am amazed by the ignorance of some people in these threads. Everyone dies in No CP, the damage far outweighed the defense and sustain, which is what you needed for games like this to be any fun.

RUINED
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    Im seeing a healthy mix of players both tanky and damage heavy. games rarely getting decided by time limit, usually someone reaches max score.
    Edited by BroanBeast1215 on November 17, 2017 2:02AM
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hasn't been quite that bad on console, but there are many more long drawn out fights compared to previously. I've won matches simply because I was the only experienced player specced for damage and I could kill the low CP characters faster and more efficiently than the S&B tankish kids everywhere.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battlegrounds has made me know what a trash mob feels like in a group dungeon.

Everyone is either a cloaking Nightblade, Shielding Sorc, or a tank and spank DK that cant die. From my wall head bashing with my PvE build, all i can do is Lethal Arrow from sneak which seems to do massive damage as opposed to whatever i try to do not hidden. And of course ganking without spamming cloak only works sparingly.

So ive basically relented to attacking outnumbered people, and just playing the objective while everyone else is busy fighting. BG is nothing but smallscaled cyrodiil. Instead of zergs of 40, its zergs of 4.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

Everyone is either a cloaking Nightblade, Shielding Sorc, or a tank and spank DK that cant die. From my wall head bashing with my PvE build, all i can do is Lethal Arrow from sneak which seems to do massive damage as opposed to whatever i try to do not hidden. And of course ganking without spamming cloak only works sparingly.

So ive basically relented to attacking outnumbered people, and just playing the objective while everyone else is busy fighting. BG is nothing but smallscaled cyrodiil. Instead of zergs of 40, its zergs of 4.

...with that "small" difference that the zerg of 40 is actually able to take such tank down while the group of 4, especially random ones (not premade), can only hit their heads against a wall. BGs are just not made and suited for CPs, it's a completely different environment compared to open Cyrodiil. But ZOS seems not to notice that... That's why they started advertising BGs with the use of ingame pop-ups - apparently there are not enough people interested in playing BGs anymore lol.
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭

sorry to say, but learn to play, then it wont be so bad.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know youre not sorry, lol. This isnt a L2P issue. Its a "i dont make PvP builds" issue.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL, like you said, this is just like the rest of Cyrodiil.

All these complaints about CP Battlegrounds really don't have anything to do with CP or Battlegrounds. This is just what ESO PvP is like.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CP PVP is the same as non CP PVP. People who don't want to die, don't die. The only difference is the fact that you don't have to use proc sets to kill people.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know youre not sorry, lol. This isnt a L2P issue. Its a "i dont make PvP builds" issue.

Ugh. I can’t believe you made me put an “agree” button to a Broan post lol.

So it’s a “learn to want to learn to play” issue? I think learn to play is still embedded inside of that chain of thinking lol.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• JDC1985
    JDC1985
    ✭✭✭
    All cp done is expose bad players I have barely lost a match in bgs when cp was enabled my whole team is ripping through people granted were all 1000cp+ and pvp all the time but that's why they have that trash non cp crap and 1-49 campaign for lower level players.

280cpish players jump into bgs and jump into cp campaigns then wonder why they get steam rolled by someone who pvps all the time. Then there are these high cp players running a mag build spamming vigor or some other ignorant skill that has no business being on a mag toon or vice versa.

Its not our fault you haven't put in the time or don't know how to play the game. To all you players that are 800-1100 cp that's got 3 medium armor pieces with 3 light and 1 heavy spamming vigor while holding block there is just no hope for you.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JDC1985 wrote: »
    All cp done is expose bad players I have barely lost a match in bgs when cp was enabled my whole team is ripping through people granted were all 1000cp+ and pvp all the time but that's why they have that trash non cp crap and 1-49 campaign for lower level players.

280cpish players jump into bgs and jump into cp campaigns then wonder why they get steam rolled by someone who pvps all the time. Then there are these high cp players running a mag build spamming vigor or some other ignorant skill that has no business being on a mag toon or vice versa.

Its not our fault you haven't put in the time or don't know how to play the game. To all you players that are 800-1100 cp that's got 3 medium armor pieces with 3 light and 1 heavy spamming vigor while holding block there is just no hope for you.

Sound like really fun guy
  • Chantclaire
    Chantclaire
    ✭✭✭

LOL, like you said, this is just like the rest of Cyrodiil.

All these complaints about CP Battlegrounds really don't have anything to do with CP or Battlegrounds. This is just what ESO PvP is like.

I understand how these are issues with all PvP but if you take these issues and put them in small scale, then it becomes so much worse. Take a 70k HP tank for example. This tank in cyrodiil is an issue but can get zerged down eventually...but in BGs in a game mode like chaosball, all of a sudden he picks up the ball and they go from 0 points to 500 and win because nobody can kill him, especially with the warden spamming trees on him. This 70k HP tank wouldn't be this powerful in a small scale environment if it was Non-CP. I am not asking to get rid of CP BGs, I just want separate queues for CP and Non-CP.
    Edited by Chantclaire on November 19, 2017 10:39AM
    Everyone has a plan, until their plan gets nerfed

Apparently the only Stamplar left on PC EU
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I find them much better with CP, have had a couple matchs where one team owns the others with like no deaths but that happened before CP. Premade teams with good healers always wreak only way i could see a match like op described would be 3 premade teams with crazy healing.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The point is, that the traditional BattleGrounds playstyle has been ruined. The pace.

it's not about being better or worse at competitive performance, some of the egos in this thread are hilarious. Get a grip lads.

Regardless of how well you DO, the pace has changed and now its the same as Vivec. Before it was something different, a different pace with differing tactics. And the pace suited the game types, and those that embraced BG before the change are pretty aligned, an element of fun has been sucked.

And @JDC1985 your comment is hilarious. From our view the 'BAD' players are those that didn't dare come to no-CP without their crutch, and have arrived now!

The best thing about the CP change is how many people have realised how cool no-CP is. And I can now get a group to join me in Sotha Sil which was harder before.

Please ZOS revert the change, the novelty factor for the CP fan boi's will wear off soon and your core of BG players will dwindle
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • JDC1985
    JDC1985
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    The point is, that the traditional BattleGrounds playstyle has been ruined. The pace.

it's not about being better or worse at competitive performance, some of the egos in this thread are hilarious. Get a grip lads.

Regardless of how well you DO, the pace has changed and now its the same as Vivec. Before it was something different, a different pace with differing tactics. And the pace suited the game types, and those that embraced BG before the change are pretty aligned, an element of fun has been sucked.

And @JDC1985 your comment is hilarious. From our view the 'BAD' players are those that didn't dare come to no-CP without their crutch, and have arrived now!

The best thing about the CP change is how many people have realised how cool no-CP is. And I can now get a group to join me in Sotha Sil which was harder before.

Please ZOS revert the change, the novelty factor for the CP fan boi's will wear off soon and your core of BG players will dwindle

The only reason I hate non cp is because I hate to respec I had a bgs build only before cp nothing was different still dominated then let me make one thing clear we don't win 90% of the time because were great its because a lot of other players are bad I mean real bad.

Zos either needs to remove cp or make everything cp its dumb having to change this and that to go back and fourth. People just don't understand the game its bad I mean you can read forums and see it.

There was a topic the other day about not being able to beat nhof then they finally got it after 8 hours or something. Normal anything is just a big joke people are still struggling with vma etc I'm not talkin about new players either I'm talking about people way over cap.

The main reason all these people scream nerf this or that is their own lack of skill saying this is to hard or whatever. We need a flowers and rainbow mode for these type of people its pathetic and completely taking out any competition out of the game.
    Edited by JDC1985 on November 19, 2017 2:30PM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You seem angry about something....that's not directly related to this thread.

CP or Non-CP is not about nerfing anything, its just different, and post CP play pace has dramatically changed. OP isn't saying he wants anything nerfed, but non-CP play was alot more enjoyable and faster pace.

Secondly pug stomping pre-Mades have sucked the fun for many since launch, again OP is correct in pointing it out.

You sound so awesome at BG you dont care either way, so perhaps leave the thread alone if it doesn't matter to you. Just go on being awesome..
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's pure cancer now totally ruined
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went back there for yet another try yesterday. Oh gosh it was not fun.

Pre-made DK groups running the chaos ball and spamming talons are boring.

It took us quite some time to kill some of the players and I was with 3 experienced PVP players (that run solo or small scales groups not zergs).

We stopped because we didn't have fun. Please bring back no CP BG.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, hopefully the test ends soon @ZOS_GinaBruno ?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The issue with CP in battleground has mainly been created by the different type of playstyle most of which include keeping strong position out in the field while not so many include moving toward a specific objective. That simply make tankie people much more adapt whether they have to keep the ball or hold a flag or run with a flag. The technicality is that at the exception of deathmatch where the playstyle of a team may greatly influence the issue the tankiness of a build is a huge advantage and cp just help to boost that even more.

For most of us I believe we agree that people should choose in which type of BG they want to get involve, but I do believe that if you had to pick one the no-cp would create a better environnement
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wish ZOS could come to their senses sooner. It's like their whole approach towards PVP comes with a delay (no pun intended).

We waited months for them to clean dead leftover campaigns from the global PVP event. Now we have to wait probably next major patch to have BGs sorted out (hopefully CP removed). Please @ZOS_JessicaFolsom I'd really love to hear your opinions and what are you going to do in the mean time?
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually it’s nice. Now I don’t even need to queue for BGs any longer and go straight to Cyrodiil instead. Thanks ZOS for making the decision way easier.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.