The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

First class. Something good for PVP and PVE mostly PVE?

Jay_Pharaoh
Jay_Pharaoh
Soul Shriven
Hi, I have recently purchased ESO on PC and have been trying to decide on what class i am going to be running for first playthrough. Ive played a little on a friends PC. Ive tried both a Stamblade Magsorc and Mag templar. Wasnt a huge fan of the templar but the sorc and NB seemed cool. I loved the poison abilities the NB had. I havnt purchased the Morrowind expansion but i will if the Warden is a good class in PVE as well. Thank you.

Best Answer

• energyy151
    Been looking around at alot of stuff and i was curious how well a DK with 5 heavy 2 light running sns on front bar and Destro on back bar would work PVP and pve.

That's a great start, @jwashingtono43ub17_ESO .

For PvP you'll have to consider your defense ... whether that is keeping a damage shield up 100% of the time or wearing 4-5 pieces of impen in lieu of damage shields.

Yea i think im actually going to make the purchase and pick up tyhe warden and do the same thing but on a warden because i hear they have better damage and tank capabilities.

Im surprised noone has replied to you with this, but DKs are and have been the clear best tanks in the game for awhile now considering endgame PVE, wardens are also great but still DKs are all around a bit better.
    Also about warden damage from what I see others saying its not too good as dps. But at PVP stamina warden is pretty much the strongest atm, but DK is also good.

If youre asking what class is viable for PVP and PVE through, every class is good at both in 1 or a few roles just pick what you like most from their abilities/theme.
    Answer ✓
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Warden is a good allround class and nice for solo play. They lack for endgame group content though. Magicka Nightblade is a good choice both for solo play and ranged damage dealer in endgame content.

While generally doing more damage in organized groups, stamina classes lack survivability in solo play or weaker groups. Magblade has great self-heals and shield, while doing okay damage. In a good group, magblade has no issues doing vet dungeons and comparable things without healer. Compared to sorc, NB has a strong execute and a stealth skill for skipping parts of dungeons or getting through sections unseen. :)
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Jay_Pharaoh
    Jay_Pharaoh
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you for the reply. I think i am leaning more towards a tank build i have never really tanked before and itd be nice to give it a try. I started a MagDK tank but have had people telling me to buy the DLC because the Warden apparently makes a better tank that can hit like a truck as well. MagNB might be the class i run along with it.
  • Jay_Pharaoh
    Jay_Pharaoh
    Soul Shriven
    Been looking around at alot of stuff and i was curious how well a DK with 5 heavy 2 light running sns on front bar and Destro on back bar would work PVP and pve.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For PvP you'll have to consider your defense ... whether that is keeping a damage shield up 100% of the time or wearing 4-5 pieces of impen in lieu of damage shields.
  • Jay_Pharaoh
    Jay_Pharaoh
    Soul Shriven

Yea i think im actually going to make the purchase and pick up tyhe warden and do the same thing but on a warden because i hear they have better damage and tank capabilities.
  • energyy151
    energyy151 wrote: »

Im surprised noone has replied to you with this, but DKs are and have been the clear best tanks in the game for awhile now considering endgame PVE, wardens are also great but still DKs are all around a bit better.
    Also about warden damage from what I see others saying its not too good as dps. But at PVP stamina warden is pretty much the strongest atm, but DK is also good.

If youre asking what class is viable for PVP and PVE through, every class is good at both in 1 or multiple roles just pick what you like most from their abilities/theme.