The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Stupid question. How do I store my loot in my house?

Davor
Davor
✭✭✭✭✭
I have looked and I am sure I have over looked it. What do I need to store my loot in my house? Man I really am feeling daft right now. LOL
Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • vrine
    vrine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't, sorry. :( Bank is the only option besides bags.
    @vrine
    PC - NA - DC
    Altoholic [15/15]

Flo - Khajiit - DK WW - Tank - lvl50
    Uxith - Argonian - Sorc Vamp - DPS - lvl50
    Both - Imperial - Temp WW - DPS - lvl 50
    Skua - Khajiit - Temp - DPS - lvl 50
    Little Marmoset - Bosmer - Warden PVP - DPS - lvl 50
    Borrows-A-Feeling - Argonian - Temp PVP - Healer - lvl 50

• Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah thank you. That is why I couldn't find it. What a shame. I thought the purpose of a house would be to store our loot as well.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only loot you can store in your houses are housing items. I use an otherwise empty house to store all the housing stuff that I'm not currently making use of - no need to keep it in the bank/inventory if you have housing slots available.

• LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    Ah thank you. That is why I couldn't find it. What a shame. I thought the purpose of a house would be to store our loot as well.

It's quite rational to assume you could store stuff in your house, but ZOS apparently doesn't share the same view.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »

Yeah, you'd think so, wouldn't you? One of these days maybe.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Get the banker npc place it in ur home and then you can store stuff at ur house. The point of housing in eso is to give people a piece of the game they can call their own and to be as creative as possible with. This is not Skyrim where you buy a home just to dump ur crap on the ground.
    Edited by FloppyTouch on November 14, 2017 6:09AM
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    smacx250 wrote: »
    The only loot you can store in your houses are housing items. I use an otherwise empty house to store all the housing stuff that I'm not currently making use of - no need to keep it in the bank/inventory if you have housing slots available.

That's what I do.

So far I have three places just to store excess furnishing items when my housing character's inventory gets full, and I try to keep each one for a specific type of item. But the problem is I still forget what I have stored and in which house! Each house is like a dumping ground, and when they get full it's difficult to find anything I am looking for (if I can remember what it was in the first place).

Actually they are like black holes....once put into storage, things never seem to come out again.

So @ZO$, yes please, we really really need that furnishing bag that everyone has been asking for!

I do agree with everyone over proper house storage. We may all love having and decorating our houses, but they really do lack the functionality to keep us there, unless you have attuned crafting stations, practice dummies and all that stuff which is both expensive and so very time consuming to acquire. But there again, with fast travel it's quite quick to get to any of the crafting stations in the world anyway. However, we do need storage!

So as things stand, once a home is furnished I tend to move on to the next one and do that up. Once finished there is not enough reason to go back again on a regular basis, unless it's to change the decor and give the house a different look.

And on a last note, the banker assistant should provide access to guild banks, and the merchant should repair our gear. They are only doing half a job. So please @ZO$, can you look into that too?
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone wants to be able to store items in their home in some capacity, but ZOS's stance continues to be:

tenor.gif
    Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)