Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Magicka bar returns to non-buff state after eating Clockwork Citrus Filet and logging off

maboleth
maboleth
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't know if this is magicka only or happens to stamina too (i haven't tested) but eventually magicka bar shrinks to the non-buff state, even though the food is still active.

This is graphical only bug, buffed stats and numbers remain.

jynmh6uq8kc0.jpg
Edited by maboleth on December 6, 2017 1:07AM
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A follow up to this bug:

- it happens after logging off.
    - it's (so far) exclusive to the Clockwork city fillet gold food.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Eat CW City fillet - everything good
    2. Logoff
    3. Logon
    4. Magicka bar is of non-buffed size.

Edited by maboleth on November 15, 2017 1:05AM
    Options
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @maboleth : You need to include the platform are you playing the game on, and the megaserver to which you connect, when you submit a bug report here. (Please review: Guidelines For Bug Report Forum)

When you say "logging off", I assume that you select "Log Out" from the ESC Menu while playing a character that has recently eaten Food to increase their Maximum Magicka capacity, and the software displays the Character Select screen. After you select the same character to resume play, you find that the food buff remains and the amount of Magicka displayed on the HUD Magicka bar includes the buffed Maximum. However, the length of the character's Magicka bar is not increased accordingly.

(1) In my own experience (playing on PC NA), first, I should wait until the network latency is no longer displayed in red digits, because the software is unlikely to accept my input while they are displayed in red. When it does accept my input while the digits remain displayed in red, the outcome of any action that I attempt while they remain displayed in red is often unpredictable and unreliable. Also any data which the software displays while the latency digits are in red can be -- temporarily -- incorrect.

(2) In my own experience, the length of one or more of the HUD Magicka, Health, and Stamina bars often appears to not be in proportion to how much capacity that the character actually has for Magicka, for Health, and/or for Stamina, respectively. Ordinarily the game software soon corrects the bar(s) to the proper size, however.

(3) Note also that when a player increases the distance between the "camera" and the character, the length of each respective bar decreases, and when a player reduce the distance between the "camera" and the character, the length of each respective bar increases. Frequently, the game software changes that distance to properly display the corresponding output on the HUD, without any player input. The appropriate corresponding change in the apparent length of the Magicka, Health, and/or Stamina bar, respectively, is not always smooth and simultaneously displayed.

However, if the size of the Magicka bar apparently never reflects the increase by that specific Food buff, after you have re-logged on to the character, then there could be a bug in the software.

The first thing to do if you are playing ESO on a PC or Mac is to disable any add-ons which have some relationship to the Food buff (e.g., Should I Drink or Eat) to see whether that restores the change in the size of the HUD Magicka bar to reflect the effect of the Food buff.

Edited by Shadowshire on November 17, 2017 5:08AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
    Options
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :) Um, yeah... well, the only thing missing from my post is the server. I'm playing on PC EU, no add-ons at all.

This only happens with CW City fillet gold food. Today I will test it with my friend to see if he also experiences the same with the bar.
    Options
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tested it again, magicka bar definitely shrinks visually with Clockwork Citrus filet after logging off/on.

Very awkward as it looks like the buff food expired.

Edited by maboleth on December 6, 2017 1:06AM
    Options
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happening on ps4 NA as well.
    Options
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ And this visual bug is presented on the PTS as well.
    Options
  • Iccengi
    Iccengi
    ✭✭✭
    Happening on Xbox. The bar also shrinks when changing zones/doors or after an hour even if you remain in the same area. It is a visual only bug but it is quite annoying. Also it only effects the look of your mag bar not health.
    Options