The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Undocumented fix in 3.2.9: Consecutive Alchemy Writs

Reverb
Reverb
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
With the PC/Mac patch this morning, you can now do consecutive Alchemy wits quests again. This is a boon for those of us who load up writ quests in the journal, and do 2-sets of them on alternating days.
Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Luthid
    Luthid
    ✭✭✭
    That's awesome! It's not a huge deal, but it has been bugging me for months. It's probably "Cheated" me out of a few dozen alchemy surveys since it first broke.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luthid wrote: »
    That's awesome! It's not a huge deal, but it has been bugging me for months. It's probably "Cheated" me out of a few dozen alchemy surveys since it first broke.

Huh?

Surveys are a random drop when you turn in the alchemy writ quest and receive the reward coffer.

If you didn't bother getting the coffer on a certain day, your chances of receiving an alchemy writ survey are reduced to zero (0) ... regardless if you did two days' worth of writ dailies on the other trades.

Just because the quest reset carryover is broken doesn't mean you can't do the quest daily.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on November 13, 2017 8:35PM
  • victoriana-blue
    victoriana-blue
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope it stays fixed this time!
    Just because the quest reset carryover is broken doesn't mean you can't do the quest daily.

That's the point: those of us who do crafting writs by picking up dailies on Sunday, then doing Sunday + Monday's on Monday were losing out on alchemy surveys and writs relative to all the other crafts.

(As for why do it that way: I find it more convenient, I play around the same time as reset, and I think it's more satisfying to open 12 than 6 containers at once since master writ + survey drops were reduced. Obviously other people have other reasons.)
    Edited by victoriana-blue on November 13, 2017 9:26PM
    CP 750+
    Never enough inventory space, even with storage coffers and a mule account
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is just simply more efficient to do 2 sets of Crafting Writs in one day, rather than 2 across 2 days.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed i also do writs on 14 characters, every 2 days. Means i get one early night of gaming and the next night is spent doing writs.