The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Video] Magicka DK Outnumbered PvP #3 No CP Edition

Sylphie
Sylphie
✭✭✭
I wasn't planning on posting another video but I wanted to put something out since I don't know when I'm going to be free enough to get more clips and do more editting due to my busy schedule. Here's another mediocre magdk montage, this time all recorded in the no cp campaign.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS3XQ-AbBw8

On a somewhat related topic, I've always thought that stamina nightblade was the most hated class until I started maining magdk. The amount of flak I get for being a "tanky permablocker" when I run 6 impen in 5 light astounds me. Not to mention when I switched to lightning staff backbar I get accusations that it's a "dueling build" and is considered cheese in 1v1s even though Imade it for outnumbered fights in Cyrodil. /rant
@Curie
Làin - MagDK
1vX and outnumbered pvp compliations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0gPPFOdjYCuyuuog7QcjJg
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Duelling builds are cheese in 1v1s? Hm.

Nice vid.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »
    Duelling builds are cheese in 1v1s? Hm.

Nice vid.

It's not a dueling build :(
    @Curie
    Làin - MagDK
    1vX and outnumbered pvp compliations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0gPPFOdjYCuyuuog7QcjJg
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People will find any excuse for being killed in PvP. Nice video :D

And Overwhelming OP ;)
  • Fel
    Fel
    ✭✭✭
    stamblades and tanky magdks are hated because they seem to ignore a simple and fair rule: if you do a large amount of damage, you should not be able to be very "tanky" (and vice versa) - but this rule does not apply to so many builds in this game and that is what makes ppl angry about the developers and also about a lot of Players who seem to Play builds exactly for that reason.

the pvp community is so small that it only takes a couple of days after each DLC for the next meta build to spread and being played by a majority of Players. and if a seemingly large part of Players you meet in pvp are running around in meta builds and sometimes seem to do nothing else than Holding block, i can understand why some Players (including me) get frustrated over that. but in my opinion the developers are more to blame for that because they made so many bad dicisions at the core of the game, that meta builds (and a lot of other mechanics) will always be a Problem in this game
  • Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    People will find any excuse for being killed in PvP. Nice video :D

And Overwhelming OP ;)

Hopefully a streamer never picks up the set so it will stay underrated forver ;).
    Fel wrote: »
    stamblades and tanky magdks are hated because they seem to ignore a simple and fair rule: if you do a large amount of damage, you should not be able to be very "tanky" (and vice versa) - but this rule does not apply to so many builds in this game and that is what makes ppl angry about the developers and also about a lot of Players who seem to Play builds exactly for that reason.

the pvp community is so small that it only takes a couple of days after each DLC for the next meta build to spread and being played by a majority of Players. and if a seemingly large part of Players you meet in pvp are running around in meta builds and sometimes seem to do nothing else than Holding block, i can understand why some Players (including me) get frustrated over that. but in my opinion the developers are more to blame for that because they made so many bad dicisions at the core of the game, that meta builds (and a lot of other mechanics) will always be a Problem in this game

In terms of the meta, I like to think that magdk is nowhere near as popular as stamplars, stamdens and magsorcs at the moment in PC NA. Running a lightning staff and blockade backbar is also a really rare sight, I've only spotted some a handful of other magdks that run this instead of double sword and board or resto staff.

As for being tanky and doing damage, @jdmoonan made a good argument on one of his videos. We trade off not having an execute, no proper gap closer (rip petrify), and having to use our ultimate as our main burst combo for more damage mitigation from block. In a game where fighting outnumbered heavily relies on burst, I think it's a pretty fair trade off.

Permablock is also only a thing in CP as well. I wouldn't mind if they nerf the CP tree as I mainly play in the no cp server and I think the cost reduction is kinda absurd but anything more would really hurt magdks. We don't have any HoT or spammable heals (dragons blood is okay at best) and we rely on being on the offensive to actually burst heal.
    Edited by Sylphie on November 14, 2017 8:51AM
    @Curie
    Làin - MagDK
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    I duo with magdk, the amount of butthurt he gets is astounding. ppl always say he's running a cancer build
  • jnelson1182
    jnelson1182
    ✭✭
    i am still kinda a new player but started a MagSoc, leveled him to 50, did a few random vet dungeons then decided to make a mag DK to see how I liked it since I'm a big fan of any class skill that uses flames lol. Since I haven't played my sorcerer once because I like the DK a little better and to me it seems like he may be a lil tougher on the defensive side as well as seem to have a higher stream of damage tho the sorcerer does have his times of hitting for high amounts of damage I just feel that generally speaking the DK does a lil more, since I'm still a new player this could all be due to me running the wrong gear or skills so I'm always looking for peoples thoughts on which is a better class to make my main.
    * Maccb- Level 50 DragonKnight- Fire mage type build/ BSW body, Valkyn Skoria mister set, & Willpower Jewelry/Random Flame/Lightning/Reston STAFF's
    **MBF**
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I duo with magdk, the amount of butthurt he gets is astounding. ppl always say he's running a cancer build

It’s because something like 80% of mDKs are annoying but not threatening while the others are annoying and dangerous