The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Rapid Regeneration not getting +20% spell damage from Major Sorcery when recast?

Jayman1000
Jayman1000
✭✭✭✭✭
I just noticed that if I cast Rapid Regeneration before casting Structured Entropy on an enemy, Rapid Generation hot on my self will not benefit from the +20% spell damage from Structured Entropy's Major Sorcery, even when I recast Rapid Regeneration while Major Sorcery is still active. Rapid Regeneration has to completely run out before casting it again, or else it doesn't seem to get the +20% spell damage. What's up with this, why does casting Rapid Regeneration before it has run out make it continue to miss out on the extra spell damage from Major Sorcery? Of course the issue can be avoided by not casting Rapid Generation before having Major Sorcery active, but say I accidentally do, then I MUST let it run out first? Is this intentional? It came as a surprise to me when I was practicing on the target dummy. I now fear that this is not the only situation where this can happen, but I just tested with a dot with Reflective Light and that seems to benefit from Major Sorcery once I cast it again, it benefit when recast before it has run out (unlike Rapid Regeneration).

But one the other hand if Major Sorcery is active when casting Rapid Regeneration then recasting Rapid Regeneration before it runs out will keep the +20% spell power EVEN when Major Sorcery is not active anymore, so is this also intended?

I also noticed that the same issue is also not true for Minor Mending +8% healing from Sacred Ground passive with Extended Ritual. Casting Rapid Generation first and then Extended Ritual will make Rapid Regeneration immediately increase it's healing by +8% healing from Minor Mending from Sacred Grounds passive.
Edited by Jayman1000 on November 13, 2017 1:42AM