The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Where Should I Look For Sorceror Builds?

Bonabopn
Bonabopn
Soul Shriven
Hi! I'm a relatively new player, and i would like to know an effective build for my sorceror, but i do not know where to look or who to trust. What websites/guides do the ESO community use most?

I intend to play mostly PvE content as a damage dealer, but with a bit of restoration to keep my friend from dying.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I can't be of help but I tried the "builds" and I ended up not having fun. Since I only play single player or PvE I just did what I wanted. The builds told me what I was doing was wrong, but I was having more fun doing what I wanted than trying to do what builds told me to do.

I have taken a break, and coming back again. I do not look at any builds and just do what I want and it seems to work for me. So I say, do what you want. Don't worry what builds tell you and just have fun. I let the forums, and builds and what not sour me and other reasons, I quit/took a long break from ESO.

So just play and do what you want.

This can be old so I am not sure how good this is. http://deltiasgaming.com/eso-magic-sorcerer-dps-build/#Group As I said when I tried it and others, I wasn't enjoying playing. Once I stopped and did what I wanted, I started having more fun again. So since it's only you playing who cares what builds or other people are telling you that you are doing wrong.

*edit*

Here is another one I use to visit. Again can't say how good or bad it is. It helped me learn the skills better though. :)

http://www.elderscrollsguides.com/classes/sorcerer/
    Edited by Davor on November 13, 2017 12:50AM
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you say "relatively new player", what's your level / skill? Have you reached champion rank and have at least 160 CP? Before that, you don't really need to compose a "build" as in craft/farm/upgrade gear. It's not worth it, since you outlevel it really quickly.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Bonabopn
    Bonabopn
    Soul Shriven
    Loc2262 wrote: »
    When you say "relatively new player", what's your level / skill? Have you reached champion rank and have at least 160 CP? Before that, you don't really need to compose a "build" as in craft/farm/upgrade gear. It's not worth it, since you outlevel it really quickly.

My character is at lv50, 30-something-cp. I know that gear quickly becomes useless if you're not max level, but what i want to know is what my options are for skills and points. I can't get every skill or point at the same time, and it's probably going to be more effective if the skills and points i do have complement each other. I know i can respec, but i'm not made of money.

Typically games have strategy elements to them, and i'd like to know what strategies i can choose from.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah like the other posters mentioned, you can look up builds on ESO Academy or the webpages of Deltia and Alcast. Usually you want to use their builds as a starting point and to get hints, not as a "set in stone" way to go, because every build is tailored for a specific use case. Alcast does his builds with optimized raid/dungeon groups in mind. For solo play or less organized groups you need to tweak things here and there.

Can you elaborate "skills and points" a bit more? What's your question specifically?
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can also check AlcastHQ an Tamriel Foundry (both linked in my signature) for more end game trials or mechanics discussion builds.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."