The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Medium Armor Stamplar Viable in CP-BGs?

MurderMostFoul
MurderMostFoul
✭✭✭✭✭
In no CP-BGs, I did fine with my medium armor stamplar. With CPs enabled, I just get melted. Anyone having success with medium armor stamplar in CP-BGs? If so, what are you doing for survivability?
“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got... What? 5ish hours left on leaderboards? I'm on them all with my Bowplar.

Survivability comes from: roll dodge, purge, rally and vigor

My Bowplar set up:

Snipe, Javelin, Hunter, silver Shards, light (flawless db)
    Rally, purge, vigor, flex, and shuffle (repentance?)

Took me two nights to go from un-ranked to 47th, 64, 98
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got... What? 5ish hours left on leaderboards? I'm on them all with my Bowplar.

Survivability comes from: roll dodge, purge, rally and vigor

My Bowplar set up:

Snipe, Javelin, Hunter, silver Shards, light (flawless db)
    Rally, purge, vigor, flex, and shuffle (repentance?)

Took me two nights to go from un-ranked to 47th, 64, 98

I'm not a big fan of ranged, I prefer a DW or 2H setup.

I can see how a Bowplar would work though, just stay on the edge of the mid-map cluster *** that forms in most of these CP matches now. But I like to go toe-to-toe. It just seems like doing so in medium armor might not be an option any more due to the amount of incoming damage in the aforementioned cluster ***.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Medium armor is probably superior for stamplar in BGs since so many of the game modes involve movement or capturing points(and therefore lots of ground targets), I'm of the opinion that you're gonna want shuffle. I think you just need to recoup the missing resists somewhere and play a little more cautious than in no-CP, don't be scared to kite a lot.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/374253/hermes-stamplar-1vx-build

It's an open world build but I think it excels in BGs as well for the movement related reasons I already noted.

If you'd rather stand and fight

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/379077/stamplar-pvp-build-for-cwc-medium-armour-potential-47k-resistances-brief-build-summary

some of his numbers are inflated by buffs you won't always have(continuous for example) but the build should work as a brawler
    Edited by Lexxypwns on November 12, 2017 7:29PM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you're good at kiting, yes. Most of the good stamplars run medium.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    I am a medium armor stamplar but I identify as a heavy armor user, as such, I expect ZOS to respect my lifestyle choices and expect to be afforded all the benefits of of a heavy armor user whilst suffering none of the drawbacks.

Thank you for accepting me and my new lifestyle choices.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure I've melted you on my medium armor stamplar a few times in the past week (React Faster). Shoot me a xbl message and I'll show you how to get your resists up.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I've melted you on my medium armor stamplar a few times in the past week (React Faster). Shoot me a xbl message and I'll show you how to get your resists up.

What's your GT?
  • DosPanchos
    DosPanchos
    ✭✭✭
    Same here man. I was solid in no cp with 2h/SnB. 5 cowards and 5 ravager. Loved it until I started getting melted in cp.

I've switched to dw/2h with 5 bone pirate 5 ravager (4 on 2h), and Trill king (might switch). But the difference with bone pirate on the dw setup is significant. There's a reason it's meta. I'm experimenting w 5 heavy or 5 med atm...
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DosPanchos wrote: »
    Same here man. I was solid in no cp with 2h/SnB. 5 cowards and 5 ravager. Loved it until I started getting melted in cp.

I've switched to dw/2h with 5 bone pirate 5 ravager (4 on 2h), and Trill king (might switch). But the difference with bone pirate on the dw setup is significant. There's a reason it's meta. I'm experimenting w 5 heavy or 5 med atm...

How many CP do you have? Admittedly, that's one of my problems too (about 535 atm)
  • DosPanchos
    DosPanchos
    ✭✭✭

How many CP do you have? Admittedly, that's one of my problems too (about 535 atm)

I'm at 480. But man, I tested out 5 heavy last night and it's hands-down the best. You'll lose some damage but you'll stay in the fights. So I'm running 5 BP 5 ravager w/ 2h/dw (BP always has 5th bonus active). Selene's seems pretty effective here as well, but I'll prolly go troll king eventually (I like to add support) since I mostly que with randoms.

I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir about cp here but don't underestimate efficient cp spreads. I've started paying attention to the combat mechanics I use most and I support that with cp. it's all about the heavy!
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm at 480. But man, I tested out 5 heavy last night and it's hands-down the best. You'll lose some damage but you'll stay in the fights. So I'm running 5 BP 5 ravager w/ 2h/dw (BP always has 5th bonus active). Selene's seems pretty effective here as well, but I'll prolly go troll king eventually (I like to add support) since I mostly que with randoms.

I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir about cp here but don't underestimate efficient cp spreads. I've started paying attention to the combat mechanics I use most and I support that with cp. it's all about the heavy!

I don't think I can bring myself to using 5 heavy. Right off the bat, damage and sustain take such a hit. And you have to make the sustain up first, so the damage is going to lag behind. People are talking up fortified brass. Maybe that is the best solution.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Medium is very good for battlegrounds since you need the mobility.

Just slap on Blood Spawn as the monster set and you'll be fine in terms of resistances.

When you play in medium armor, don't just use dodge roll as your only defense - block! Tap block when you see a big hit incoming and put some CP into block cost reduction.
    Edited by Izaki on November 21, 2017 4:03PM
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • DosPanchos
    DosPanchos
    ✭✭✭

I don't think I can bring myself to using 5 heavy. Right off the bat, damage and sustain take such a hit. And you have to make the sustain up first, so the damage is going to lag behind. People are talking up fortified brass. Maybe that is the best solution.

Whatever fits your playstyle is definitely best. Personally, I learned the lesson a while ago not to play pvp based on pure damaging potential which was really hard to get past. The sustain will remain! I think the intangible combat elements change when using HA. So, instead of having to dodge roll around and seek healing, I can sit there, pound out the damage, and pop vigor calmly in many cases...

Definitely worth experimenting.
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    last patch, I switched to heavy to try it out, and while it allows for more defense, I 1v1'd some medium armor stamplar and he absolutely wrecked me

so here I am lol. 5M2H w/ monster set of your choice
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like heavy and medium. I think the biggest advantage of heavy armor for a stamplar is that extra mag regen from constitution. It’s an extra ritual, which can oftentimes be the thing that saves your life
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp