Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Is khajit a good race for stam nb?

KharnTheUndying
KharnTheUndying
✭✭✭
Just leveled him to 20 and wanted to try a little pvp but all stam nb builds i see are wood elf or redguard,why don't many people play khajits,are they a bad race for stam nbs?

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a Khajiit stam nightblade. He does excellent damage, but doesn't have good stamina sustain, so he runs out of stamina fast. Really, every single race runs out of stamina fast except for Redguards and Bosmers (Wood Elves). I also have a Wood Elf stamina nightblade, and although her critical damage is a little lower, she doesn't run out of stamina even half as fast, so she can fight longer.

I actually love my kitty stamblade, but he's less fun in places like public dungeons where I have to pause between fights until my stamina gets back up. (I have the same problem trying to play an Imperial stam dragonknight.) At one time in the past year, ZOS decided that it would make the game more challenging if they destroyed stamina and magicka sustain. It doesn't make it more challenging ... it just makes fighting though mobs slower, which means less fun (for me, at least).

This is just my opinion, but Wood Elves and Redguards are the only races worth playing as stamina characters. You can play a Khajiit, just make sure you have all stamina enchantments on your armor, and all stamina jewelry, etc. Even then, your stamina sustain will still not be as good as a Redguard or Bosmer.

Edited by SydneyGrey on November 12, 2017 11:26PM
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With a Khajiit, you need to do more heavy attacks in your rotation to not run out of resources, or use the Dubious Camoran Throne buff food.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For PvE Khajiit is a very good choice for a stamblade. In PvP you're going to be using Cloak which guarantees a critical strike on your next attack which limits the effectiveness of the Carnage passive. They're not terrible though, the extra damage from stealth is nice but you can get the same passive from Woodelf with a lot more regen.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• RustedValor
    RustedValor
    ✭✭✭
    Khajit is perfect for stam blade. Use this guide to help you, Khajit is the #1 race for nightblade Stam DPS especially when they got stam recovery passive so they have no problem Sustaining. You should be good for both PVE and PVP. You just have to push your crit chance high with daggers, set gear, and potions and you will slaughter with high burst.

https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-nightblade-build-for-pve/
  • Gulkrim-mur
    Gulkrim-mur
    ✭✭✭
    Just leveled him to 20 and wanted to try a little pvp but all stam nb builds i see are wood elf or redguard,why don't many people play khajits,are they a bad race for stam nbs?

I prefer woodelf best sustain hands down, and with vampirism it totals 31% extra recov :) sure slightly less crit and really i mean slightly, same obtainable base damage. It wins in the long run. More hits vs higher crits all day most people wear impen in pvp and pve dungeon/trials has crit nerfs on monster sets and other procs also.

Focus pen over crit especially pve.
  • abelsgmx
    abelsgmx
    ✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    At one time in the past year, ZOS decided that it would make the game more challenging if they destroyed stamina and magicka sustain. It doesn't make it more challenging ... it just makes fighting though mobs slower, which means less fun (for me, at least).

This one of the things that make fail random groups with unexperienced players
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭
    abelsgmx wrote: »
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    At one time in the past year, ZOS decided that it would make the game more challenging if they destroyed stamina and magicka sustain. It doesn't make it more challenging ... it just makes fighting though mobs slower, which means less fun (for me, at least).

This one of the things that make fail random groups with unexperienced players

I think the person made a decision by now given that this thread is almost a year old.
    [PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • UnseenCat
    UnseenCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade probably isn't the easiest class to play, but when you're in the groove in combat, it's so much fun. My main has always been a stamblade; I just kind of fell into the playstyle from the beginning.

I get good results by assigning enough attribute points in Health to be slightly tanky, which helps counter the sustain issues. Using a tri-pot to recover resources in a hurry is stupid-easy now that the daily rewards are giving them away like candy. Food buff is important against hard enemies. There's a lot to keep in mind, and ZOS' constant "rebalancing" can sometimes hurt you even when you've been doing everything right. (Although after, Wolfhunter I feel like I'm hitting harder again...)
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Khajiit makes a fine stamblade. Close enough to BiS to not sweat it, for sure!
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Pajor
    Pajor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had a khajiit stamblade, his stamina ran out way too fast. He was much weaker compared to my magsorc khajiit with not good survivability. But mostly I just suck at understanding the NB. But I think if you do your homework you will learn the class well.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are the very best race for everything yes but especially this whatever it is.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭
    Klasen wrote: »
    I had a khajiit stamblade, his stamina ran out way too fast. He was much weaker compared to my magsorc khajiit with not good survivability. But mostly I just suck at understanding the NB. But I think if you do your homework you will learn the class well.

LOL, Khajit are designed to be stamina race. If you're Magicka Sorcerer Khajit is stronger than your Stamina NB Khajit, there is definitely a lot of red flags.
    [PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!