The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Question about magika on my sorc

TGPriks
TGPriks
Soul Shriven
hello fellow players,

Recently created a DE Magicka Sorc (level 11) and have some questions/concerns about my progress so far. I'm running out of magicka super fast, (using a lightning staff currently) generally only after a few spells. Not quite sure if this is normal.

Tossing all my attribute points into magicka and as for armor, just using what I loot in dungeons and quests. (currently 4 light, 2 heavy, 1 medium)
My skill bar thus far: Crystal Frags 1, Force Shock IV, Wall of Storms IV, Endless Fury 1, Unstable Familiar IV.
I'll generally open with Crystal Frags, Force Shock, wall of storms if I pull mutiple mobs, ending with endless fury for the magicka gain if they are near 20%.

I am looking to do all around damage PvE, and later in game speccing for a bit of PVP. At 15, my second weapon will most likely be a resto staff so I can heal a bit.

Not quite sure of my spell rotation is lacking, or what I am putting points into. Generally trying to level up my class skills which are at 12, points into light armor, as well as my destruction staff.
If anyone could provide any feedback to a beginner sorc, that would be fantastic!
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At level 11, you don't really have a proper "rotation" yet. You run out of magicka quickly because you're lacking the passives of Light Armor that give you spell cost reduction and magicka recovery, you can also put spell cost reduction or magicka recovery glyphs on your jewelry.

Later, when you reach champion level, there's champion passives to increase magicka recovery. You can also use buff food that increases your magicka recovery. Until then, use heavy attacks with your staff to restore magicka quickly.

Make sure to get the passive "Tri Focus" quickly, you can then use a lightning staff to do AOE damage without magicka cost.
    Edited by Loc2262 on November 12, 2017 2:19PM
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
    Options
  • TGPriks
    TGPriks
    Soul Shriven
    I should also note, I'm not trying to power level or anything. Just enjoying my time picking up all quests I come across...if that matters at all.
    Options
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use Crystal Frags only when they "proc", i.e. when their special ability triggers. Then they cost less magicka, are instant and do more damage.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
    Options
  • Mayanpup
    Mayanpup
    ✭✭✭
    Having Glyphs of Magicka on all your armor pieces can increase your magicka by 2,000-4,000 depending on the level.

Options
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go for crystal blast, according to the decelopers it is a must
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
    Options
  • Sintao
    Sintao
    ✭✭✭
    @TGPriks

Ahhh! At level 11 you can have a perfectly fine Mage (Sorceror).

Find armour with some sets. These can be crafted easily if you have around 4 traits in crafting. Add magicka glyphs as enchantments. For example, see Armor of the Seducer crafted set — needs only thee traits to craft.

(edit: jewellery. Can be harder to find while levelling. Worst case, buy white rings and necklaces and slap a magicka recovery enchantment on them)

There's plenty of good large guilds with a social purpose, who are happy to help out anyone with a positive outlook (in terms of crafting, esp. if you have the materials). I suggest 5 light, one heavy, one medium however. When levelling I get my armour at levels 6, 16, 26, 36, 41 (or 46).

My own experience has been to run my Sorc without a pet, for more fun and alacrity and sheer awesome factor.

Remember to do a heavy attack to regain some magicka, every so often! And remember to only cast abilities that do x-effect over time every so often.

Go and do some easy delves (to get skyshards and XP) or sky-shard gathering and main quest missions to gain some skill points. (Use the add-ons that shows the extra quest in most delves, as well as the add-on that shows skyshards).

Hope some of this is useful!
    Edited by Sintao on November 12, 2017 10:47PM
    Options
  • RustedValor
    RustedValor
    ✭✭✭
    Once you get champion points and unlock your light armor and destro staff skills mana wont be an issue. Destro staff skills and attacks restore mana, light armor boosts regen and cost reduction. Witches brew purple drink helps allot too. Since you are low level use mana regen food, and potions. Use a fire staff for your main damage since you DE and get a bigger bonus to fire, also fire does more damage anyways.
    Options
  • RustedValor
    RustedValor
    ✭✭✭
    Oh also Vampire on DE is great with fire damage reduction passive, Vampire get 10% Stam/Mana regen passive.
    Options
  • Lord_Etrigan
    Lord_Etrigan
    ✭✭✭✭
    TGPriks wrote: »
    hello fellow players,

Recently created a DE Magicka Sorc (level 11) and have some questions/concerns about my progress so far. I'm running out of magicka super fast, (using a lightning staff currently) generally only after a few spells. Not quite sure if this is normal.

Tossing all my attribute points into magicka and as for armor, just using what I loot in dungeons and quests. (currently 4 light, 2 heavy, 1 medium)
    My skill bar thus far: Crystal Frags 1, Force Shock IV, Wall of Storms IV, Endless Fury 1, Unstable Familiar IV.
    I'll generally open with Crystal Frags, Force Shock, wall of storms if I pull mutiple mobs, ending with endless fury for the magicka gain if they are near 20%.

I am looking to do all around damage PvE, and later in game speccing for a bit of PVP. At 15, my second weapon will most likely be a resto staff so I can heal a bit.

Not quite sure of my spell rotation is lacking, or what I am putting points into. Generally trying to level up my class skills which are at 12, points into light armor, as well as my destruction staff.
    If anyone could provide any feedback to a beginner sorc, that would be fantastic!

Hi,

Here is my 2 cents worth.

I main a sorc both in Pve and PVP and have played both pet and non-pet builds.
    Looking at your skills I can tell you are on the right track with regards to damage and since you are slotting all damage skills you are bound to run into resource problems.

My advice is as follows:

Sustain&Damage: Seducer (3 Traits) 5L,1H,1M
    (2Items) Magicka recovery
    (3 Items) Max magicka
    (4 Items) Magicka recovery
    (5 Items) Reduce cost of abilities by 8%

Mundus: Mage (Increase magicka) found at Grahtwood or Atronach (magic recovery if you still having issues with resources) found in Greenshade.

Food: Witchmother as it will scale with your level.

Personal preference is head heavy and shoulders med and the reason for this is that the Head, Chest and Legs are considered as big pieces and therefore benefit the most from any stats/glyphs.

Big pieces get infused to max magicka on glyph and also strengthens shields, small pieces divines (boost your Mundus)
    The above is ideal if you want to level all natural by enjoying the various missions and storyline, however if you want to power level then swap traits for training

Note: You want to level your heavy and medium alongside your light in order to gain the all-important passives.

a) Windwalker -Med(stamina recovery after breaking free from stuns)
    b) Athletics- Med(reduces cost of staying out of stupid –Roll dodge)
    c) Resolve-Heavy(Spell resistance)
    d) Constitution (Health recovery and magicka/stamina back when taking damage)
    e) Juggernaut-Heavy (More health)
    f) Wrath-Heavy(increase Spell damage)
    g) Rapid Mending-Heavy (Heavy attacks restore magicka/stamina)

Rotation/Damage:

Based on what you have on your bar at the moment I would suggest the following to max your DPS but also prevent running dry on resources,

Light attack(activates the glyph on your staff and teaches you weave/animation cancel)
    unstable familiar----light attack----wall of elements----heavy attack(wait for pop)----force pulse x2
    light attack
    wall of elements
    light attack---frags (only when your hands glow as it reduces cost, becomes instant cast and deals a hell of a lot more damage)-start rotation again.

Note: Keep your fury for when your enemy is a quarter health as it will do way more damage and don’t spam as it can drain resources quickly.

If you on PS4 EU and need help with crafting the set then hit me up and I will gladly help..

I hope the above helps.
    PS4 EU
    Lord Etrigan (Former Emperor): PVE High Elf Sorcerer
    Nyssa al Ghul: PVP Nightblade Wood Elf (Ganker)
    Lady-Death : PVP High Elf Sorcerer (8 x Campaigns Former Empress and Grand Warlord) Retired:(
    Achmed-Silence I keel you: PVP Dark Elf Nightblade (Suicide Bomber)
    I'm with stupid: PVP Argonian Magic Temp (Group support and healer).

Guild:
    The Order of Stolas (Founder and Guild Master)

Faction: Aldmeri Dominion

Her Royal Highness Queen Ayrenn Arana wants You for Dominion.
    LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!
    Options