The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Tried to pay for ESO plus. Nothing happened and I lost money

Iccotak
Iccotak
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
NOTE: This issue has been brought up with support and I am currently waiting for a reply. Though I have been for several hours now.

I only bring this up because I am wondering if this has happened to anyone before. This is the second time I had a financial issue in the game.
So I wanted to pay for subscription. I tired to pay with my card. Entered in my info, transaction was not loading, so I re-loaded the page and tried again. This time it told me there was a billing address issue. So I check my bank account to see if my billing address is different and it says that I just payed for subscription to ESO twice.
That is $30 total that did nothing to my ESO account. Even though there was a billing issue, money still left my bank account and yet I have No active subscription.

Has this, or anything similar, ever happened with anyone here?
  • malchior
    malchior
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, have not encountered this before but why not use Paypal and link your card? Paypal has protection for these unforeseen circumstances. Was there no such option?

Buying items using card in US requires your address to correctly match the card's address, name etc, happened to me with Gamestop before.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Credit Cards are an ongoing issue with the Crown Store. Contact support (ticket) and ask for a refund. They will then tell you to yse paypal. I am simply not allowed to use my credit card. Everything is correct, credit issuer isn’t blocking ZOS, but ZOS refuses to let me use a credit card. For 18 months now. ZOS will not tell me why either.
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    This bug has been around for ever and has never been fixed because its a big cash earner for all involved.
    It should be considered fraudulent imo and taken through the courts..
  • Kimba_Do
    Kimba_Do
    ✭✭✭
    You about gave this one a heart attack! I just subscribed to ESO+ a few days ago, and twice it told Khajiit there was an address error. As with the OP, Kimba-Do checked his address in ESO; all was good. This one finally went through Steam for the purchase, and it went through fine. Sadly, some of you don't have that option.

So after reading that you were actually charged twice at the ESO checkout, Kimba-Do quickly checked his bank account, and discovered that he was NOT charged for the two failed attempts. Perhaps contacting your bank will be efficacious?

My
    1864_two_cents_rev.jpg
    worth.
    Edited by Kimba_Do on November 14, 2017 2:02PM
    Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and good with catsup.
    You're all just a bunch of pixels. Turn off the power and you cease to exist.
    White Lions. Bringing the jungle fame for over 50 years.