The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PS4 Load Screen Help.

Kel
Kel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I can't speak for other platforms, but I tried rebuilding my database on ps4 (normal, not pro) and I've played about 8 hours, using wayshrines and haven't hit a infinite load screen all day.
I'm not saying it's going to solve all things, but it seems to have helped me. If you're playing on PC/x-box, I'm sorry. Not sure if this is an option for your system or not, but it seems to be working for me and my ps4, so thought I'd pass this along and try to help players out.
Here's how to rebuild your database on ps4.
https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/1tea5q/friendly_reminder_to_rebuild_your_database_every/

Truly hope this helps!!
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I also found deleting my saved data helped kinda.
    Options
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should add that this does not erase any data. It just rebuilds it. It works as a defrag and a "scan and repair" for the entire system, and helps it run smoothly. A good idea, even if it fails to help with ESO.
    Edited by Kel on November 12, 2017 9:26AM
    Options
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here’s the thing though... You didn’t mention anything about setting foot inside of either Battlegrounds or Cyrodiil. Please tell us your experience in either of those instances after said changes you’ve made regarding your database.
    Options
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't PvP and it would be disingenuous to say I do, and it doesn't change your data base. It rebuilds it, gets rid of junk, and helps with better performance.
    As I said, it's a good idea to do this anyway, and you lose nothing except 15 minutes of your time or a few hours depending on how much save data is on your PS4.
    Here's an article from PlayStation universe that explains why you should be doing this every month.

https://www.psu.com/feature/33098/how-to-rebuild-ps4-database

Notice how it says it helps with load times?
    If this is something you're not willing to try, no skin off my nose. Like I said, it's not a guarantee, just something that helped me, is perfectly safe, and helps your system run better in general. Try it or not, that's totally up to you. I'm just passing along the info.
    Edited by Kel on November 12, 2017 1:58PM
    Options
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still doing it today only way to stop it is to restart app
    Options
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to say, that would normally work.
    But this time the fault is on their end. One would think after how many years this sort of thing wont be happening still.... Only wished other major mmo's came to ps4
    Options
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that no work in Cyrodiil Unfortunatly still hitting loading screens. Good job though as it may work for others :)
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

Options
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jabrone77 wrote: »
    I can't speak for other platforms, but I tried rebuilding my database on ps4 (normal, not pro) and I've played about 8 hours, using wayshrines and haven't hit a infinite load screen all day.
    I'm not saying it's going to solve all things, but it seems to have helped me. If you're playing on PC/x-box, I'm sorry. Not sure if this is an option for your system or not, but it seems to be working for me and my ps4, so thought I'd pass this along and try to help players out.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/1tea5q/friendly_reminder_to_rebuild_your_database_every/

Truly hope this helps!!

Gave you an insightful for at least trying to help it's more then what anyone at zos is saying right now
    Options
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your idea to rebuild PS4 database did not help here.

Still getting infinite load screens on PS4 / NA sometimes when I use Wayshrines or try to travel to another player.
    Options
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jim_1 wrote: »
    Your idea to rebuild PS4 database did not help here.

Still getting infinite load screens on PS4 / NA sometimes when I use Wayshrines or try to travel to another player.

didn't help me either...worse actually, but im sure that's coincidental with more server pop.
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
    Options
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jabrone77 wrote: »

Truly hope this helps!!

Curious, are you using ps4 or ps4 pro?
    Options