Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Free Steam-Driven Brassilisk

winky
winky
I was surprised to see that you offered such a poorly made pet for free on your store. It looks like someone's child made the model and their overly-proud parent rigged it to the adder skeleton and convinced someone to throw it at us for free. Eww. The name doesn't fit for me at all - it looks more electronic than steam-driven (cables and silver metal), and i'm not sure what the "brass" in the name is referring to. Due to the electronic feel of the model, it feels far too modern for the world of your game. It doesn't fit. The clipping issues with the wings are absolutely horrendous - the grey spines and orange nodes are constantly getting clipped by the wings. The coloring of the model feels very childlike or unsophisticated, as if done by a beginning student, rather than an industry professional.

Pushing this out to us, even for free, has damaged my opinion of your company. If i worked for you, i would feel ashamed of officially releasing something so unsophisticated and poorly made.
Edited by winky on November 10, 2017 8:13PM
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    how much free time you gotta have to complain about free stuff?
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    This attitude is one of the worst cancers out there.
    "It's free so you aren't allowed to complain", often with mocking/insults as a bonus.
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »
    Jhalin wrote: »
    "It's free so you aren't allowed to complain", often with mocking/insults as a bonus.

I disagree. If you get something for free then you have to make a choice to be offended or disappointed by it, your other choice is to put the pet away and be none the worse off for it.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's called feedback. If people never say anything, a company might start thinking it's ok to create sub-par stuff. It does not matter if it's free or not.
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally love it. It fits in perfectly with the Clockwork theme.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How DARE they give away free items that are normally only obtains with crowns!!
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The point is, because it is free does it have to be of poor quality? I don´t think so. They could have done way better.
  • alceleniel
    alceleniel
    ✭✭✭
    My first thought was that it looked like a Lego toy. Could have a more metallic look to it.
  • Angtoria
    Angtoria
    Soul Shriven
    They for sure could have done better.
    ᴍᴜsɪᴋ ɪsᴛ ᴅɪᴇ sᴛäʀᴋsᴛᴇ ғᴏʀᴍ ᴠᴏɴ ᴍᴀɢɪᴇ.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great job making a new post, because you couldn't possibly have [snip] about this in the pinned official thread above.

If you don't like it, turn it off.

Problem solved. /thread.
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on January 31, 2018 3:17PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • RouDantes
    RouDantes
    ✭✭✭
    I really want to like it. I love all things clockwork and I love the Sep Adders.

But the orange parts, especially, look so.. terrible. I assume it is supposed to be copper, but it looks like neon orange plastic. The textures are sooooo shiny and look outright unfinished.

The circular hinges on the wing joints are far too large. I can't help but be reminded of Tinkertoys. When they fold up, the bulky circles all clip into each other and it just looks... wrong.

I am also baffled as to how the snake's body is supposed to move, since there are no mechanical hinges or joints of any kind. The silver tube segments are not connected by anything other than what looks like floppy copper wire cables. I guess it's just magically animated? But then why call it steam driven? Steam needs pipes and pistons to move things. There is nothing about this thing that looks like it could be steam powered. LOL

Not very well thought out, especially in comparison to all of the other really clever mechanical things in the game.
    Edited by RouDantes on November 20, 2017 2:21PM
    Cheers,
    Captain Rou Dantes
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the pet and appreciate the gesture, but toning down the bright orange joints would make it a loooot better (The PC version). Something about it doesn't look right as-is.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think there is anything wrong with the model. it is quite detailed. The coloring however could be better. The color choices seem to undo much of the detailing when you don't look close. And they seem overly bright and thus plasticy. I think it simply misses a shading or 2, taking off the brightness, make it blend in better in the world and give more contrast to bring out the details.
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You PC players think you have a bad one, Xbox's brassilisk is covered in neon sludge green.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure, it’s right up there with racism, sexism, nuclear proliferation and liking Mariah Carey music.
  • Lex_Schwarzkopf
    Lex_Schwarzkopf
    Soul Shriven
    I have heard many comments like this, typically from people who feel so entitled they feel they can criticize everything they get for free. And also from people who think themselves bigger than they actually are. Like those who said, the game designers are crap because they don't like the game and "I can do a better job". Sure, you are entitled to feel offended or ashamed getting the pet for free - but you can always just ignore it and be none the worse off it.
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, a lot of people seem to like it, so... Not too bad, for a free pet. I personally hate the robotic spider looking thing they just kicked out as a free mount (because it's skittery and creepy), but I'm not demanding they change it. It's personal preference. If you don't appreciate it, don't equip it, and wait a few months until most people using it replace it with something else.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.