Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[New idea] Spring Clean Crown Store/Crate purchases - Buy Back option

Qyrk
Qyrk
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom With more and more items added via crown store/crate purchases, I would like to ask if they can consider a way for these purchases to be converted back either to crowns or crowns gems as a way to minimise clutter. The items doesn't necessarily have to be a 1:1 conversion of the amount you purchase it from.

My collection alone have increased immensely and I know I want to be able to provide a 'buy back' option for the things I do not want anymore as a collection, getting rid of them from my collections entirely. Caveat: this doesn't apply to things given for free (subscription loyalty rewards) or collections items acquired ingame for example.
Edited by Qyrk on November 10, 2017 7:55PM
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    while I can completely understand wanting an option like this, I can't imagine they would ever go for it, as people would just cash in old items to get new ones and thus not generate any new revenue. I mean the nature of the crown store is that something new will be a better option.
    Now i do wish there was an option to "return" items that didn't work out as expected, like some costumes don't dye quite as expected, or have trim parts that can't be changed. These are small details that you can not see until you try.
    That all being said it would be sweet if they did do this.
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would like a way to refuse items you don’t want from Crown Crates, or at least a way to hide costumes etc in the list.
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, good ideas there.

If anything, the conversion rate might possibly be 50% (of something similar) of what you got it for to prevent people from re-exchanging old items, and not spending anything for months on end.
  • playerkiller247
    playerkiller247
    ✭✭✭
    I would love this feature because there are so many costumes and such that I've won from crown crates that I don't wear and don't want, it would be cool to be able to exchange them for something.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They would have to consider doing the exchange on an ongoing basis. For those who buy the crates the same chance to get back the same costumes/items they don't want cluttering up their collections will still be there. That "get stuff you didn't like, didn't want, wouldn't buy" instantly bound to your collection is one of many reasons I won't touch the rngesus crates.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like a way to refuse items you don’t want from Crown Crates, or at least a way to hide costumes etc in the list.

A way to tidy up those lists would be great. I'd love a "favorites" list for mementos in particular--occasionally I find a good moment to use a memento, but by the time I scroll through and find it, the moment has passed.

Really, a favorites list for each category in the collections list would be great.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub