The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Alliance Rider Hoods

Psyonico
Psyonico
✭✭✭
I get the idea behind these being the color that they are, but can we either allow for you to choose which alliance hood you wear or make them dyeable?
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Psyonico wrote: »
    I get the idea behind these being the color that they are, but can we either allow for you to choose which alliance hood you wear or make them dyeable?

You choose your alliance when you make your character. The alliance your character belongs to dictates which color alliance hood you get. The costumes are account wide, so any characters you make in other alliances will be able to have the appropriate color hood.

Since Ebonheart Pact is red, Aldmeri Dominion is yellow, and Daggerfall Covenant is blue, allowing people to dye the hoods would totally defeat the purpose for wearing it in the first place. Same for the alliance rider's outfit and horse barding.
    Edited by JKorr on November 10, 2017 7:29PM
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can they just make the same hood, sans alliance garbage?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although its rather entertaining to wear the Alliance Rider outfits into Battlegrounds, because the colors change based on which Battlegrounds team you are on. ZOS seems to have assigned each team a different faction, so an EP caharacter can find themselves wearing AD yellow.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    can they just make the same hood, sans alliance garbage?

Might turn up eventually. Some design basics seem to repeat. https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Hats_(collectible)

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love for them to use this mesh to make a recolorable version without the alliance graphics. It's a great hood.