Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Looking For Feedback On New Guild Idea: Get Paid To play (scraped)

mrplops
mrplops
✭✭✭
I switched hosts from godaddy to siteground. The site and ideas are up there.

<ALLIANCE OF LEADERS> is a guild that pays members to play. Possible pay up to xxx (gold) mil/mo for top members. Website mandatory. Member fees required monthly. Feel free to ask questions. Cheers

www.eso-aol.com

Vist the website for detailed information.

I deiced to scrap this idea. If anyone is interested in taking over fee free. I mostly scraped it because I cant afford the hosting for 2 ips.
Edited by mrplops on November 14, 2017 9:51AM
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So basically it's a way to give experienced players incentive to 'adopt' less experienced player(s) (who sign up and pay for this service) and teach them the ways of ESO? That... could work, actually. Would be nice to see the player-base educating itself on a larger scale, a pay-it-forward if you will.

The only aspect that raises questions for me is the way you reward the experienced players. People will probably not participate if they have to work their [snip] off just to get a chance at winnings, by working their way to the top of a list. And if you rank them based on how many players they've guided through certain content/mechanics, you'll only be stimulating quantity, not the quality of the service you want them to offer. Hardcore players are probably not going to sacrifice hours of their time in educating newbies if they're not getting something in return. Maybe instead of ranking them and rewarding only the top of the list, reward every experienced player with a set % of the money they've earned for the guild through this service? (As in; someone helps out 5 players that each pay 5K a week. Then after 3 weeks he/she gets 80% of the earnings they've generated for the guild; 5 x 5k x 3 = 75k x 0.8 = 60k) Also meaning that someone doesn't have to chip in 5k for the weeks they're not using any of the services. EDIT: or have them pay per service instead of week?

I wouldn't be wholly opposed to using something similar for improvement of my rotation, if I didn't already have guildies to help me with that. Or for getting to know a dungeon's mechanics, for instance. Don't think I'd ever use it for grinds etc., though.

Regardless of how you end up implementing this, the most important thing imo is to keep your cash-flow as transparent as possible, or people will think they're being taken advantage of. They'll want to know what they're paying for, and/or how they're being rewarded for their services. When reading this: "Leaders are reviewed at the end of the week. Each week’s reviews are totaled at the end of the month to calculate payments." the first questions that pop into my head are;
    - how are leaders reviewed (i.e. what can they expect?)
    - how do these reviews translate to totals and what do those totals mean?
    - how are their payments calculated based on those totals?

You may be targeting a niche here as a lot of people get these services from their guilds already (and most don't pay for them, as far as I know) so you'll want to make sure that what you're offering goes above and beyond what people already have. Other than that, I think you've got a solid idea to work out further. :smile:

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on November 11, 2017 8:51PM
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • mrplops
    mrplops
    ✭✭✭
    Hey lnsane tyvm for your feedback. I will work on some of those points you made!

Leaders create an event or group on the website. Trainee's must join the event on the website. This shows me how many people attend an event. Creating and subcribing to an event is pretty easy. You can check it out here

Leaders can review other members and Trainees can review leaders and events with feedback accessible from the members profile page or from the group page.

I'm going to use a system that assigns a point value to a type of event. I could make that public if you think it would be a good idea.

The payment goes to the top 10% of leaders. The very top gets 40% of the pot and the other 9 get to split 50%. The last 10% goes to the guild for fun stuff like contests and what not.
  • mrplops
    mrplops
    ✭✭✭
    I changed some things. I took the total payout and divided it in half and split the other half so it will pay the top trainees. That way, everyone who is putting in the most effort gets paid.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to take a look at it, but it seems your hoster still doesn't like you. ;)
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • mrplops
    mrplops
    ✭✭✭
    Updated hosts to a host with newer tech and lower cost.

Added new ranks.
  • mrplops
    mrplops
    ✭✭✭
    I deiced to scrap this idea. If anyone is interested in taking over fee free. I mostly scraped it because I cant afford the hosting for 2 ips.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Hosting for 2 ips" meaning what? The given URL still doesn't work (unknown hostname this time), it's hard to decide whether to "take it over" or evaluate the idea if we can't see the web page.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • mrplops
    mrplops
    ✭✭✭
    oh good point

i'll add the ideas to the post

Basically members pay a due each week. At the end of the month the dues are used to pay the to % of players. The players fall into ranks like carry, trainee, farmer, seller, crafter. A website is used to record the activities and people that benefit from them helping find the top % of players who win the pot.