The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Healers! BoL, truly conal now? and usage of it in trials??

Swiftii
Swiftii
✭✭
Would love everyone to weigh in here.

Is BoL conal, as in no one behind the healer and and direction they aren't facing will not receive it??

2nd, usage of it in Normal and then Vet Trials? Do you use it and how often, why would you not?

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stopped using it when Morrowind hit. I swapped to Honor the Dead and I use that morph for PvP exclusively. Healing Springs and Combat Prayer are my heals now since they are cheaper and hit more people. I also keep Ritual of Retribution down and every 15-20s a barrage of Healing Orbs.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BoL has been labeled as a conal heal for a while now, not sure why a trials healer would not know this by this time. Now, technically there is a bug with BoL where the 2nd heal is ignoring the conal requirement but that doesn't really excuse anything.

Trials healers should be relying on stacking healing springs to keep players' health up. BoL is generally an emergency heal but it'd be really difficult to time it properly without the intended target dying before the healer responds. I guess you could rely on it a bit more in normal trials, especially if it's one where you have to be more mobile as opposed to stacking, but even then there's no excuse for not knowing that you have to be facing your target.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The objective in trials is to keep everyone at 100% permanently trough stacking HoTs like the ones above and you really don't need burst that much. If I need to burst I simply recast combat prayer before it expires and I heal all people in that general direction. But you generally need to be a proactive, not reactive healer: know the mechanics and start stacking heals before a mechanic starts.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In certain fights I'm not sure why you wouldn't use it, specifically ones that have mechanics designed to spread you out. Now if your group knows this content inside and out you probably won't be using it much, but it would've been a nightmare for my group trying to finish vAS on the last boss where he does his big lightning attack had the healers not used it.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The first tick heals a target in front of you, the second one 360° around you. So in theory it's conal now, in practice nothing has changed. Always slot it, it's insanely strong.
    Edited by FakeFox on November 9, 2017 9:06PM
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep BoL on my bar in cases where I need to heal behind me because the 2nd heal ignores the conal requirement. Happens if im the tank healer in vAA, for example, and I have Healing Springs on the main stack in front of me and periodically heal the tank behind me with the axes.
    Edited by gabriebe on November 9, 2017 10:30PM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    Stopped using it when Morrowind hit. I swapped to Honor the Dead and I use that morph for PvP exclusively. Healing Springs and Combat Prayer are my heals now since they are cheaper and hit more people. I also keep Ritual of Retribution down and every 15-20s a barrage of Healing Orbs.

Exactly this!
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    BoL has been labeled as a conal heal for a while now, not sure why a trials healer would not know this by this time. Now, technically there is a bug with BoL where the 2nd heal is ignoring the conal requirement but that doesn't really excuse anything.

Trials healers should be relying on stacking healing springs to keep players' health up. BoL is generally an emergency heal but it'd be really difficult to time it properly without the intended target dying before the healer responds. I guess you could rely on it a bit more in normal trials, especially if it's one where you have to be more mobile as opposed to stacking, but even then there's no excuse for not knowing that you have to be facing your target.

Not a bug, it is working as intended, read the description again, Beacon your inner light, healing yourself or a wounded ally in front of you for 2914 Health. Also heals one other injured target for [1413] Health, it say nothing about the second healh being in front of you.

Breath has been on my bar since forever and I don't see that changing.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not saying it shouldn't be on your bar, but if your group is stacking then you should be using healing springs (with periodic combat prayers) for the main component of the healing.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I recently swapped out my SPC staves with Master restoration (powered) and Malestrom lightning (charged) for maximum group support. I thought the 258 stamina return on Healing Springs cast was small but if you spam them when people are block casting skills you can provide enough stamina to keep block up until that mechanic ends; that's especially true for Magicka DDs that have 10K stamina or less and no way to recover it. BoL has no added utility so that's the 2nd reason I never use that in trials.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters: