The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

How do I prioritize dungeon sets?

kringled_1
kringled_1
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So I've only recently started running group dungeons. However, I've already almost filled my bank with mostly 3-4 pieces of the various dungeon sets. For overland sets, I have a good sense of how easily I can get hold of stuff, and I can always sell things, so I don't hang onto many. But for the dungeon sets, where in the past its been harder for me to get hold of items, I don't yet have that. There are some sets that I can easily decide are not worth holding onto (Tormentor, Spelunker as examples), and others that as long as you have a relevant character that show up regularly in builds (Worm's raiment for example) so those I'll hold onto for my low level magicka characters. But there's a lot of sets that seem to fall somewhere in between, and I'm having a harder time figuring out which one(s) might be useful in the long run. (Especially since I have much less in jewelry and weapons for those sets, so using them means forgoing a crafted set where I have trait control).
I would rather not list all the sets I'm currently unsure about; I'm more looking for general principles on which to make the decisions, althoughif you're answering please feel free to mention either your priority sets (so far I just sort of scan build lists to get an idea of these) or your less-used set that is effective in an unusual build and why.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    General its not worth keeping anything before cp160, you will outlevel stuff fast.
    At cp 160, I say sets seen often in builds and set you like even if not. weapons has an priority especially, and jewelry too,
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purple jewelry is always a good save for sets that you think you may use.

Honestly, outside of trials sets, I decon everything I do not currently have intentions of using. Except jewelry and weapons for sets that I think sound cool but don't have a current use for. For both sets I know I will make use of and sets that I think look cool, I decon everything that isn't Divines, Inpen, or Infused (depending on if the intended build is PVP or PVE).

I find it is easier to just run the dungeon later a handful of times to get the body pieces I need, rather than waste bank space for sets that will never be used.
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As above, yes, don't really bother keeping much in the way of "less than CP 160".

Then, if you have a good sense that you might use the set, keep "some" on hand, by which I mean no more than two of any given BoP piece, or no more than three of any BoE piece.

Prioritize by trait (yes, we can change them, but that's for after you have found your ideal set, when you are still collecting think about it). I tend to keep/prefer divines and/or infused. I don't PvP so I don't worry so much about ... I can't think of what it is that protects from critical attacks. That one.

Decon the extra BoP. Sell the extra BoE.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Even with transmute I would keep weapons and shields. Purple jewelry like arcane rattlecage can be harder to get

Give the equipment to the lower level toon who will eventually wear it, they probably dont need to carry much else anyway.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
    Options
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the advice. Yes, it makes sense to keep weapons and jewelry given the lower drop rate, and deconstruct most of the body pieces if the set is only somewhat interesting, since those seem easily replaced. Well, at least the weapons that make sense; some pieces don't really make a lot of sense (stamina weapons on sets that boost spell and staff abilities, I'm looking at you). I am thinking of only CP160 gear here, I wouldn't even be trying to build sets below. At one point yesterday I had no less than 4 shoes of prayer in the bank.
    Options