Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How does St. Veloth feel about the Tribunal?

WhiteCoatSyndrome
WhiteCoatSyndrome
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
It seems odd to me that the saint who lead the Dunmer-then-Chimer to worship Azura, Boethiah and Mephala instead of the Aedra should then be perfectly pleased to be helping the people who lead the now-Dunmer away from worshiping said Daedra. And yet off we go helping Almalexia by smacking a Boethiah worshiper in the face with Veloth's hammer! Is this normal behavior for an ancestral spirit? Was there justification for this that I'm not remembering?
#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would imagine he would be pretty pissed considering how some of his own proclaim themselves to be gods, spitting in the face of truly malevolent entities.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would like to know the answer to this as well.
    it is a very Good Question.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didnt the Maelborn and their Daedric friends vandalize Veloths tomb and burial site?
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didnt the Maelborn and their Daedric friends vandalize Veloths tomb and burial site?

I seem to recall they stole Veloth's hammer and reliquary, but even so, that's still several centuries between that and the semi-ascension of the Tribunal unaccounted for. If I find some time I might have to go through the questline again.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I seem to recall they stole Veloth's hammer and reliquary, but even so, that's still several centuries between that and the semi-ascension of the Tribunal unaccounted for. If I find some time I might have to go through the questline again.

If I recall

I seem to remember it wasnt just vandalism though. His spirit was being ripped apart or dissipating because of what they did. I could imagine him wanting to get some sort of revenge against Vox regardless of who she was working for.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imho, it depends on who killed Nerevar.

If it was Dagoth Ur, I beieve he supports the, but if they were the Tribunal... not so much
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Imho, it depends on who killed Nerevar.

If it was Dagoth Ur, I beieve he supports the, but if they were the Tribunal... not so much
    It seems odd to me that the saint who lead the Dunmer-then-Chimer to worship Azura, Boethiah and Mephala instead of the Aedra should then be perfectly pleased to be helping the people who lead the now-Dunmer away from worshiping said Daedra. And yet off we go helping Almalexia by smacking a Boethiah worshiper in the face with Veloth's hammer! Is this normal behavior for an ancestral spirit? Was there justification for this that I'm not remembering?

These two theories both make sense and had me wondering the first time I did the mission. I believe that when you run into Veloth he does state that he wants to protect his people. In this sense perhaps he cares more about the Chimer/Dunmer than the daedra he served. Perhaps his elven sense of god-ancestry simply doesn't revere the Daedra in the way a human mortal might as well. In many ways St. Veloth might still presume a kind of pre-godhood for himself. At any regard I do find the situation a little strange but there is the fact that working with the heroes and helping the Tribunal has the self-serving benefit of stopping Vox from siphoning Veloth.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>