Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Broken Rain Shader:

Lauk
Lauk
Here's a redacted screen shot of the broken rain shader on 2017 iMac, started happening from the last update (3.2.8), this is on top of the kernel panic and freezing bug. Anyone listening out there?

97mf14r17err.png

• Lauk
    Lauk
    Might also be worth noting that for a very long time now, maybe as much as a year, the very first screen when loading, the one with the animated "Bethesda" logo is often corrupted. It's as if the framebuffer hasn't been cleared or properly allocated.

I've seen that happen on several Macs not just iMacs.
  • Lauk
    Lauk
    Also tested with no addons installed. It's not related to addons.
  • SuomiPerkele94
    SuomiPerkele94
    Soul Shriven
    I and many others are having this issue, I talked to support and they just told me to update the drivers.
    Edited by SuomiPerkele94 on November 11, 2017 11:18AM
  • SuomiPerkele94
    SuomiPerkele94
    Soul Shriven
    I am also having this weird issue where a lot of rocky outcrops in the world are blurry even with graphic settings maxed out... This is my first couple of days with a Mac... Is compatibility always this bad?
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah this is bad. and it seems it is always raining now…i have resorted to playing in arid zones to avoid the disco rain.
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • Lauk
    Lauk
    I am also having this weird issue where a lot of rocky outcrops in the world are blurry even with graphic settings maxed out... This is my first couple of days with a Mac... Is compatibility always this bad?

no, it's normally very good, but this last update 3.2.8 has broken things badly
  • Romilly
    Romilly
    ✭✭✭
    me too! Thanks for reporting with a picture! FWIW - Macbook Pro 15", mid-2015 version.
    Edited by Romilly on November 9, 2017 7:54PM
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw the same thing last night on a "MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)" w/GT 750M, MacOs 10.12.6. I took a screenshot but it is pretty much just like yours - colored patterns instead of rain splashes on all the surfaces that rain hit. Tried restarting, changing the ESO graphics settings, etc., but nothing but the rain stopping fixed it.

• Wookyenub18_ESO
    Looks same as OP screenshot on my iMac Retina 5K 27" late 2015, Radeon R9 M395X. macOS Sierra 10.12.6
    Never seen before Monday's patch.

Thanks for identifying the cause as rain; I'll try to stay out of Shadowfen and Glenumbra until it's fixed

Only other graphics issue I have regularly and it has been for a long time is in Cyrodiil the ground in courtyards in some keeps like BRK is often a whitish haze, sort of like snow out of focus.
    Edited by Wookyenub18_ESO on November 9, 2017 11:42PM
  • krismissee82
    krismissee82
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having the same issue as the OP. Feels like running around in a Disco. I wasn't having this issue immediately after Monday's patch. I updated to High Sierra last night and everything in game seemed fine. It started happening this evening while I was in Eastmarch. (It wasn't raining or snowing)
    Edited by krismissee82 on November 10, 2017 1:11AM
    Kaelindi - Stamblade
    Maelindi - Magblade
    Lindi - Magblade healer
    Lindi the Builder - Stamblade
    Lindi Stardust - Magplar
    PC NA
  • Romilly
    Romilly
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on El Capitan, no High Sierra.
  • Romilly
    Romilly
    ✭✭✭
    Somone sugested doing a repair - AND IT WORKED! RAIN WITHOUT THE RAINBOWS!
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here as I’ve said on a few threads, I tried deleting the shader file as some have mentioned and that did work for a couple of days but then the problem returned yesterday with even more vibrant colors and patterns than the first time.
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain seems to be following me tonight, making it hard to play :(

Screenshot_20171109_214351.jpg
  • Lauk
    Lauk
    Interesting that some say a repair works, that is not likely though as so many are experiencing this issue it's obviously a bug.
    Repair could only work if the developers have replaced the broken shader with the new one without telling us. Having said that, I've just run a repair to see and I can confirm that repairing makes no difference whatsoever... still broken...

Getting some very psychedelic effects on the cobbles in towns!
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got the same problem even after a repair from a fresh install
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • SuomiPerkele94
    SuomiPerkele94
    Soul Shriven
    Repairing didn't work, deleting shader cache didn't work and neither did a reinstall.
    The same goes for most if not all Mac users with this problem we just have to wait until Monday I suppose when they release the next patch. (It is Monday isn't it?).
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    same thing for me
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From a note in another thread, I'm trying this as a workaround in the UserSettings.txt file ("0" instead of "1"):
    SET RAIN_WETNESS "0"
    But I haven't seen any rain yet, so I don't if it helps.
  • phobi
    phobi
    ✭✭
    seems to work, nice!
  • Lauk
    Lauk
    smacx250 wrote: »
    From a note in another thread, I'm trying this as a workaround in the UserSettings.txt file ("0" instead of "1"):
    SET RAIN_WETNESS "0"

Nice! This workaround seems to be good! Let's hope the bug gets fixed soon as I like watching the rain sometimes!
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Repairing didn't work, deleting shader cache didn't work and neither did a reinstall.
    The same goes for most if not all Mac users with this problem we just have to wait until Monday I suppose when they release the next patch. (It is Monday isn't it?).

During ESO Live I didn’t hear this as one of the incoming fixes for Monday’s patch.
    Edited by Publius_Scipio on November 11, 2017 10:38PM
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lauk wrote: »
    SET RAIN_WETNESS "0"

Nice! This workaround seems to be good! Let's hope the bug gets fixed soon as I like watching the rain sometimes!
    Glad to hear it seems to be working. I like the rain too, and I somewhat worry I'll turn it off and it will get fixed someday and I won't realize - but it can be pretty jarring right now trying to play when it rains! :(

• rampoob16_ESO
    rampoob16_ESO
    ✭✭
    Same here....very bad now with the Mac...
    Cursor issue, shader issue....what next.
    I could turn out the rain, the cursor (it's not possible), at the end...the game.
  • Urantian
    Urantian
    Soul Shriven
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No mention in today's maintenance patch notes unfortunately.
  • nicotee
    nicotee
    ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue. It's very frustrating.
  • Urantian
    Urantian
    Soul Shriven
    After the High Sierra 10.13.1 update it is still the same.

I was hoping it contained a graphics card update..... Apparently not.
  • Ecstatica
    Ecstatica
    ✭✭✭
    SET RAIN_WETNESS "0"

I haven't seen a problem since I added this to usersettings after a good few hours of play, so I'm calling it a successful workaround!
    Filthy Gorgeous
    (PC/EU)
  • Corysia
    Corysia
    Ecstatica wrote: »
    SET RAIN_WETNESS "0"

I haven't seen a problem since I added this to usersettings after a good few hours of play, so I'm calling it a successful workaround!

I've got to try this tonight!

giphy.gif

Skooma jokes aside, it makes me ill and I have to stop playing until the rain passes.