The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

All this time later: Have you bought the banker or merchant?

Dapper Dinosaur
Dapper Dinosaur
✭✭✭✭✭
I still have not. Roughly 50 bucks' worth of crowns for each one, and each one not even being a legit banker/merchant with all of their features, is still one of the unfunniest jokes I've ever seen from a game company in a long time.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have both the banker and the merchant and it's two of the most worthwhile purchases I have made.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
    Options
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nope. I use my groupmates' bankers when I need them while doing trials, and otherwise I make do without.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
    Options
  • Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merch, just had to for grinds.
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    I have both the banker and the merchant and it's two of the most worthwhile purchases I have made.
    Same for me, I got them with their release and use them every time I play.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Darkestnght
    Darkestnght
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have had the merchant and the banker for quite awhile. They are by far the best thing I have ever bought from the crown store. I feel it has easily added 20% to my actual play time. Having both is a huge time saver for me.
    Xbox NA - CP1300+
    Xbox EU - CP400+

Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the banker, and use him constantly. I've never been sorry that I got him.
    I don't have the merchant, because she has this creepy smile when she's standing around. I decided I'd literally just do without her rather than put up with that creepy smile all the time. The day they come out with a new merchant, though, will be the day that I spend the cash to get a merchant as well.
    Options
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the banker, and use him constantly. I've never been sorry that I got him.
    I don't have the merchant, because I always run into merchants on the open road.

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
    Options
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pffft nope
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can be standing outside the Bank and call up my Banker. Best purchase in the game.

The Merchant is nice to have too, but if you can only get one, get the Banker.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. No need for either of them.
    Options
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with all the banker praise.

The merchant is less useful, but still somewhat worth having, if you can tolerate her voice
    Options
  • resdayn00
    resdayn00
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have them but now that I'm getting more and more into dungeons and trials, I find them useful and will probably buy them (or one of them) during the next crown sale. It may be a while but whatever. They are undoubtedly the most useful Crown Store purchases.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Resdayn Indoril, Dunmer Magicka Nightblade - Main

Pactum Dunmeri | Ard Feainn | Aetherius Art | Kley Guild

Achievement points: 26k+
    Options
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BIS pets
    Meta time-savers
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
    Options
  • NolaArch
    NolaArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought both during a crown sale and haven’t regretted either purchase.
    Ardat-Yakshii EP Stam NB
    36k anchovy club
    Mash the buttons, hope for the best!
    I have some achievements
    Options
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So all of you guys are fine with Zenimax charging almost the cost of a full xbox one game for a gimped in-game service that took them no time at all to program and implement in comparison?
    Options
  • NolaArch
    NolaArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So all of you guys are fine with Zenimax charging almost the cost of a full xbox one game for a gimped in-game service that took them no time at all to program and implement in comparison?

Seems like an obvious yes.
    Ardat-Yakshii EP Stam NB
    36k anchovy club
    Mash the buttons, hope for the best!
    I have some achievements
    Options
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I remember the days when you had to leave a dungeon to sell/bank if your inventory was full. Having the banker/merchant is so much more convenient and, therefore, makes my gameplay more enjoyable so..........the answer to your question is YES!!
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

I mainly deconstruct armor and weapons, so not much point. It only delays the inevitable.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember the days when you had to leave a dungeon to sell/bank if your inventory was full. Having the banker/merchant is so much more convenient and, therefore, makes my gameplay more enjoyable so..........the answer to your question is YES!!

Anyone with a functioning brain would, I hope, give their inventory a quick cleaning and/or make sure they have enough space before they commit to a dungeon. if you ever cap your stuff in the middle of a dungeon run, it means you messed up. You only need like 60-80 slots for a dungeon run, which is practically a non-upgraded bag.
    Options
  • Hanzus
    Hanzus
    ✭✭✭
    For me I chose the merchant, best buy I made, I use her all the time, well worth the money if you ask me ;) .
    "Walk always in the light, or we will drag you to it."
    -Vigilant of Stendarr

Nords, the true sons of Skyrim!
    PC NA
    Options
  • ninjaguyman
    ninjaguyman
    ✭✭✭
    bought the banker during one of the crown sales. no regrets here
    Characters:
    AD breton nb: Shadowshinobi
    DC Altmer magicka nb: merc shot
    Options
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Anyone with a functioning brain would, I hope, give their inventory a quick cleaning and/or make sure they have enough space before they commit to a dungeon. if you ever cap your stuff in the middle of a dungeon run, it means you messed up. You only need like 60-80 slots for a dungeon run, which is practically a non-upgraded bag.

I've seen a lot of people use the banker or merchant in the middle of a dungeon run so I guess a lot of us don't have "functioning brains". JMO but I don't think it's necessary to insult people that you don't agree with.

PC/NA/EP ✌️
    Options
  • Motherball
    Motherball
    ✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy going to town.
    Options
  • JoffyToffy69
    JoffyToffy69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whoa ease up Dapper! People farm and the merchant and banker comes in handy then. 80 slots is nothing to a farmer.
    Yes the price is ridiculous, but it is very useful. I only recently got the merchant and now wish I had it sooner. So easy to farm and sell crap, and with it the gold adds up quickly.
    Also great when grinding up levels. Loot everything and sell instantly!
    Fun comes from diversity, balance kills diversity.
    Former Empress Serabii
    Options
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    On NA - I have both
    On EU I have neither - if my inventory gets full - I send stuff via mails to hubby who sends them back....

Best purchase in the game? = Banker - It's far easier to do without the merchant
    Options
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one master crafter providing items for my alts to research and having the banker saves me heaps of time I used to have to spend riding to banks. As a pair they save me time after doing daily writs because I no longer have to ride to a merchant/bank to sell/store stuff. Etc. That saved time adds up.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
    Options
  • KRBMMO
    KRBMMO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah I just use a filter to only take the cool stuff out of and leave the junk.
    Options
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if you could alter the looks though, I see so many of the same exact banker around town. Even if you could just put a costume on these assistants that would make it better….
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
    Options
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have both and regularly use both. I have the Thief fence but I don't think I have ever used it
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
    Options
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope, too pricey for me.

If it was 3,000 crowns, probably both.

I see their use, and would really like them... just not... 5,000 crowns each like them, you know?
    @Zhaedri PC NA

Options